Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-07-2007, 01:02 AM   #101
PaxRuss

Why is it that their is no sound? Is their anything I can do to get it in WinXP?

Old 24-07-2007, 01:12 AM   #102
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

people, can you please.. read the topic before asking. there isnt any speech or anything at all, only music. and if you dont have that one niether you should use dosbox instead of running it in pure xp
Old 31-07-2007, 04:14 AM   #103
bones

are there any hints or cheats for this game for the pc. maybe even a strategy guide?

Old 10-08-2007, 03:59 PM   #104

I keep getting an error on the install about inserting a "startup disk" that I don't have, both in XP and Dosbox. Any hints?

Old 21-09-2007, 06:21 AM   #105

... this game is v hard.. revolt happen a lot even when i have a lot of castle -_-; i dont get how u can havw only 1 castle for 4-5 provinces... i have to build 1 for each..

and that is times consuming then a huge army attack me T-T

Help~~~ any good tips on this?

Old 23-10-2007, 05:37 PM   #106

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 21 2007, 06:21 AM) [snapback]312202[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
... this game is v hard.. revolt happen a lot even when i have a lot of castle -_-; i dont get how u can havw only 1 castle for 4-5 provinces... i have to build 1 for each..

and that is times consuming then a huge army attack me T-T

Help~~~ any good tips on this?
[/b]
A 100+ Point Castle will prevent revolts in the tile it is built in and all the tiles surrounding the tile that it is built in (as well as doubling the amount of resources able to be harvested from its own tile i.e. 2 instead of 1 Gold, Wood, Iron or Food).

A 50+ Point Castle will prevent revolts only in the tile it is built in (as well as doubling the amount of resources able to be harvested from its own tile i.e. 2 instead of 1 Gold, Wood, Iron or Food). This also includes 100+ Point Castles that have been Sabotaged below 100 Points.

So if a tile does not have a Castle in it, or does not touch a tile you own with a 100+ Point Castle in it, it will revolt. Plan your Castles and your Kingdom so 100+ Point Castles touch as many tiles as possible and double think capturing vacant tiles that would require another Castle to be built , especially early in the game.

As for strategy, happy Armies defeat unhappy Armies, Knights defeat Infantry and Archers (even in Castle battles), and because defending Armies have only half their regular strength, attacking Armies defeat defending Armies.

So keep a happy Army, get Knights ASAP and lots of them, and always retreat when attacked.

After retreating counter attack. Now you have the advantage of a full Army. Try to counter attack with two attacks at the same time, and your enemy will soon have their Army reduced to 1/4 of its strength. Without an Army they will become easy pickings, so continue the attack while they're down and take them out of the game.

Other tips:

Play as Aragon, you usually only have to face Anjou and Burgundy as you start, plus you can usually seal off a perimeter quickly and comfortably.

In battles I find it best to stack all your troops together so they will always outnumber the enemy when they make contact. In open battles stack them at the extreme top or bottom so they encounter the enemy one on one. In Castle battles make sure your Knights are stacked together close to the Castle door.

Old 22-11-2007, 05:33 PM   #107
FalkusKiber
Lurker

http://rapidshare.com/files/71526425..._-_PC.pdf.html

Sorry i forgot to rar it

edit:

oh btw found it on an abandonware site, then lost the link unfortunately, so i upped it to rapidshare - i can't give credit unfortunately cos i cant remember who it was

edit 2: btw, the game works fine for me on xp pro as long as i set it to win95 compatibility mode - but only on my laptop, i have to use dosbox on my desktop O_o

Last edited by FalkusKiber; 22-11-2007 at 05:40 PM.
FalkusKiber is offline                         Send a private message to FalkusKiber
Old 14-03-2008, 07:04 PM   #108
fbskiracer63
Lurker

How do you start with the the increased military? I forget.
fbskiracer63 is offline                         Send a private message to fbskiracer63
Old 15-04-2008, 04:55 PM   #109
RettMikhal

Wow, I finally did it.

This game was impossible for me to beat as a kid, even on Easy. Now, through sheer determination and boredom at my job, I have done just that. Impossible. I beat this game... on Impossible difficulty. Neutral Territories have 10 archers and 6 infantry? Yep. Dealt with it. Pope comes knocking every month and demands 4 gold? I was blessed. Burgundy came all the way from the opposite side of the world with 19 men into my precious Albion? Beat him back.

Lose 5 knights/archers for every saboteur? Build more. All the Iron is on the other side in Burgundy's domain? Took it. Valois has 20 strong army and all siege weapons? Defended.

Aragorn refused to die in his one territory and somehow made an army 30 units strong (which is bull, how could he AFFORD to pay for them, or feed them, AND raise them, with just one territory of iron, no blessing, and no allies. Black Market?) Whittled him down. Beat him back. Lovin' it.

Oh, yeah, and for all those stupid donations I had to put up with, I killed the Pope. Don't worry, I ceded a section of land for him... and then I killed him on it. On the field, not in the castle, is where the last stand should be, with 30 archers on my side and 20 knights.

My job REALLY needs to stop paying me to sit in a cube. It's becoming dangerous.

RettMikhal is offline                         Send a private message to RettMikhal
Old 30-04-2008, 02:49 AM   #110
Flipper405

Nice work, I haven't even actually beat it on easy yet, much less impossible.

anyway, my question is about the saves.
I can't get either save games or the saved castle layouts to work right under dosbox. The thing is, they are saving fine - the files are showing up in the directory AND if I try to save something with the same name, it says overwrite? cause it exists with that name already.

However, I can't load anything - the game doesn't recognize them at all. The weird thing is if I try to run the game without dosbox, it works fine...although I don't get any sound at that point. I guess I could just go get VDMsound but I was wondering if anyone knew a way to get them to work in dosbox. I'm using d-fend as well if that makes any difference. thanks.
Flipper405 is offline                         Send a private message to Flipper405