Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-08-2011, 11:50 PM   #261
Capo
Unconventional member

Wow, a lot of suggestions, so i have to explore the entire world map every chapter ?

Then i havent understant how the healing work, i have sleept all night but havent recovered a single stamina point.

Last thing: In combat there are a lot of misses even when the attack % is good
Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Old 23-08-2011, 04:10 AM   #262
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Be brave

Cheer up, Caro Capo!

YOU can. You did so much difficult games!

BoK is not so hard as Dungeon Master, for example.

My only hard moment was when some strange fat enemies grown up from the earth.

I wish YOU luck!!

the brave

This is the best RPG after Baldur's gate saga, believe me.
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Old 23-08-2011, 01:03 PM   #263
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo View Post
Wow, a lot of suggestions, so i have to explore the entire world map every chapter ?
No--I'm only suggesting that you do so. Because if you do, you'll encounter a number of helpful side quests. It's like many other good RPGs in this respect. You can rush through it and only do the main quest, but what's the fun in that? So you walk around looking for other things. You don't have to do any of that. But you can, if you want to, and get rewarded handsomely for it.

Quote:
Then i havent understant how the healing work, i have sleept all night but havent recovered a single stamina point.
I think I know what happened. In BoK, as long as you're camping out, you can only recover a certain amount of your party's health. (It's a lot, though.) If you want everybody to be at full health, you'll have to sleep at inns or in government buildings. Inns are pretty expensive, and I'd generally avoid their use. Plus, your party may be pickpocketed while you're staying overnight.

Quote:
Sounds like a run of bad luck. There are ways of raising your chance of hitting:

1) better weapons (be sure to check for their accuracy ratings by clicking to look at them),

2) magic that paralyzes or severely harms an opponent,

3) enhancers like Redweed Brew that make your attacks temporarily more likely to hit,

4) developing the Accuracy value for each character (most important of all),

5) choosing attacks that have a greater chance to hit but do less damage--thrust, don't swing,

6) giving characters weapons that are designed for their races (but this is less important than giving them very good weapons),

7) reading Dorcas' Treatise on the Animation of Objects,

8) Paying Tad Questor at Questor's View to raise each of your party member's Accuracy permanently.

In the early days of the game, you start poorly. That's expected. Be sure to select Accuracy for each of your party members as one of the few skills they can train better than the others. This is essential.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 23-08-2011, 01:06 PM   #264
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Quote:

Exploring everywhere would be optimal, but you can't enter every area in every chapter, some become open in certain chapters, some can't be entered again on another chapter, but mostly you will be able to visit many locations each time, which you really should if you got the patience.

If you rest simply outside, you will recover health completely, but stamina only up to a certain amount, something more than a half of its full value. Also you will recover them slower than if you rest at an inn. In the inns you can recover health and stamina completely.
Aside of that there's a healing spell, takes stamina at casting as every spell (or health if there's not enough stamina) and heals a characters health and maybe stamina also, don't remember exactly enymore.

Enemy's (or your) armor value is taken into account for chance to hit, so you mostly won't hit each time, but more often the better you are with the weapon and the better the weapon is / the better (if) it's blessed.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 23-08-2011, 02:17 PM   #265
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Exploring everywhere would be optimal, but you can't enter every area in every chapter, some become open in certain chapters, some can't be entered again on another chapter, but mostly you will be able to visit many locations each time, which you really should if you got the patience.
That's a very good point. The game looks a lot larger than just about every chapter is, because there are some artificial limits on where you can go. But there's a great deal to explore, and I see that as an advantage. I've never been a fan of the JRPG "you can go anywhere to explore in this game, just as long as its down this one corridor" approach.

Quote:
If you rest simply outside, you will recover health completely, but stamina only up to a certain amount, something more than a half of its full value.
We're going to confuse Capo. Health/Stamina measure parts of the same thing, though the manual isn't all that clear. Basically, your Stamina goes down if you're hurt in any way, and once it reaches 0, your Health goes down. Once your Health reaches 0, you're critically injured. It's as though Stamina were the top portion of a mountain peak called Health. (In this case, Stamina has nothing to do with fatigue.) You do not recover Health/Stamina completely when resting in camp--you can get the Health part back, and then 80% of the Stamina part. To get all the way to 100%, you need to rest at an inn, go to an official building, or take a healing potion.

Last edited by Borodin; 23-08-2011 at 11:04 PM.
Old 23-08-2011, 04:36 PM   #266
Capo
Unconventional member

Many thanks Borodin and Scatty

Yes wise Yoga, if you suggest this game i will try to complete it.
Old 25-08-2011, 11:04 PM   #267
Capo
Unconventional member

I think i will leave this game, i have two characters -near dead- and i cant find a temple, i tried north but there is a mage that i cant beat, i tried east, assassins everywhere, i tried sud, there a group that block my pass that i cant beat, already used all the restorative to beat another group of assassins
Old 26-08-2011, 01:53 AM   #268
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

The mage is in the barn, isn't he? That's the first major battle you face in the game.

I'm guessing you took the direct route to him. What you wanted to do was work your way around and investigate more, turning off into other roads, building up your skills in battle on lesser opponents. He's meant to be the boss of the first chapter.

Up to you, of course.

Last edited by Borodin; 26-08-2011 at 01:50 PM.
Old 26-08-2011, 04:19 PM   #269
Capo
Unconventional member

The problem is that i have tried every possible route and every one ends with a fight i cant win with 2 pg at 1 life point.

I will try lands of lore 2.
Old 27-08-2011, 02:37 PM   #270
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
The problem is that i have tried every possible route and every one ends with a fight i cant win with 2 pg at 1 life point.
I see what you mean. Didn't save before your last fights? Not enough food to rest up in the open and regain your party's health?

Quote:
I will try lands of lore 2.
Think! You have a future, friends, youth. Don't throw it all away by such a...desperate move.