Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 31-12-2004, 08:19 AM   #31
FreeFreddy

Quote:
Originally posted by Guest@Dec 29 2004, 01:04 AM
Hi, somebody know how to play this game in multiplayer?
* the Review says that the game includes a multiplayer feature, but i can`t find it.

Sorry for my english, I`m argentinian (that country in south america) so i only know English from games, internet, and television.
Actually, there's no multiplayer mode originally. But you can download a Multiplayer Shell for the game at The Underdogs

Old 12-01-2005, 10:23 AM   #32
headcore

this game is so addicting! its definitley the greatest one i played in the last year (who the f*ck needs doom3?)

the only question is: does anybody know where to get the handbook? scanned, as pdf? i'd be very grateful for that!

thx, stef

Old 12-01-2005, 11:54 AM   #33
Omuletzu
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to Omuletzu Send a message via Yahoo to Omuletzu

I have the manual for this game
Omuletzu is offline                         Send a private message to Omuletzu
Old 13-01-2005, 11:55 AM   #34
headcore

thanks a lot, but after reading a guide on the web i figured out how the game works. manual isn't needed anymore.

lmasters of magic - the complete guide

Old 13-01-2005, 01:07 PM   #35
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

It's extremely good, but it's also very opinionated. I found a few inaccurate statements, and a lot that the author admits is simply his take on various tactics in battle. The manual will actually provide the basics that let you formulate your own strategies--and that's all to the good.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 25-01-2005, 03:49 AM   #36
Varlis

There's hardly a better oldgame than this one. (Or any game at all for that matter)

Master of Orion II and Wizardry 7 maybe, but that's about it.

I actually bought it TWICE, first the disc version ( one of the discs died a couple of years ago). A while later I found the CD version for 5 bucks and bought it again.

Even 10 years later I still play it.

Awesome.

Old 17-02-2005, 06:45 PM   #37
caesar007
Forum hobbit

playing a game now on level 3 and it seems that the turtle dragon + stone skin is quite powerfull and barbarians as a race kind of sucks , tried to take over a lizard city and took me like 3x 9 units barbarians(even with the berserkers it was tough) + warbears , but as soon as i got the city i started making the dragon turtle and it seems almost unbeatable if you stack 4 or 5 of them togeter (and use stone skin) you can easely take over most cities

are there other normal units that have about the same strength as the turtle dragon ? and it seems that the patches have improved (made them stronger ) the heroes that's cool they used to go down way too easy

and i have another question , haven't been able to test this with the version i dled , but on my other comp i couldn't find a single benefit for a city wall , i know it's supposed to protect you but it only seemed to help the opponent and not me , does it give extra defense or so cause whenever one of my cities got attacked and i had a wall that wall only made my troops sitting ducks and didn't do anything to add defense ?

and in combat does it matter on what terrain you are ? is there more chance to not get hit if you are on a space with trees than something else ? or is that just a graphical add on that doesn't make a difference ?

caesar007 is offline                         Send a private message to caesar007
Old 17-02-2005, 06:49 PM   #38
FreeFreddy

Quote:
Originally posted by caesar007@Feb 17 2005, 08:45 PM
are there other normal units that have about the same strength as the turtle dragon ? and it seems that the patches have improved (made them stronger ) the heroes that's cool they used to go down way too easy

and i have another question , haven't been able to test this with the version i dled , but on my other comp i couldn't find a single benefit for a city wall , i know it's supposed to protect you but it only seemed to help the opponent and not me ,* does it give extra defense or so cause whenever one of my cities got attacked and i had a wall that wall only made my troops sitting ducks and didn't do anything to add defense* ?

and in combat does it matter on what terrain you are ? is there more chance to not get hit if you are on a space with trees than something else ? or is that just a graphical add on that doesn't make a difference ?
Of the normal units with the very good strength I know of two. First, the Stag Beetle of the klakons. Very strong in combat + fire breath. Second, and this ones are the gods in calculated combat, are the paladins of the humans. Pierce, magic immune, strong enough, protected enough. You'll see.

And about the city wall, I think it's there for the buildings of the city not being destroyed after a combat, should an enemy enter your town during it, but I'm not 100% sure.

Old 17-02-2005, 06:51 PM   #39
caesar007
Forum hobbit

uhm humans ??? i can't pick that race .... where do you find that race ?
caesar007 is offline                         Send a private message to caesar007
Old 17-02-2005, 06:54 PM   #40
FreeFreddy

Should be High Humans above / below High Elves.