Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Freeware Games
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-03-2005, 04:34 PM   #1
Bob the Dinosuar

Default SubSpace

If you don't know what SubSpace is yet, It's (more/less) a MMPORG, where you fly around 8 diffrent ships from a birds eye view, when you fire you use up energy, and when you get hit you use up energy, and when your energy reaches 0 you blow up (you can't fully deplete your energy by just firing weapons)

Virgin devoloped it 1995, but later abandoned (hence SubSpace is Abandon ware), but it's small, but addicted, community, brought it back, under the name of Continiumn, which while using an entirely new code, and interface, is 70% compatable with SubSpace

no one uses SubSpace because of the raprent cheating problem, but Continiumn fixed most of that,

SubSpace is Abandanware, VIE build it, and abandoned it, but copyrights are held (the concept, not program, read further)

Continunm is NOT Abandonware, it is Free Ware, which is owned by Priit Kasesalu, one of the creators of Kaza, but anyone can distrupute it, he just claims the Copy Right,

you can get the games Here (just about evereything remotly related)

and the history is here,
with a perserved copy of the origional VIE SubSpace Web Page...
Bob the Dinosuar is offline                         Send a private message to Bob the Dinosuar
Old 13-03-2005, 05:13 PM   #2
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I play this game from a very long time. You can see me as Dark Nova there and I mainly play on Trench Wars. It's about the only place which makes sense and is fun to play on this game.
Old 13-03-2005, 05:29 PM   #3
TaloN
Hero Gamer

i play it occasionally, bit boring imo.
TaloN is offline                         Send a private message to TaloN
Old 13-03-2005, 07:41 PM   #4
The Levitating Nun
Game Wizzard

I played it a while ago but couldn't really get into. Looked like good fun mind...
The Levitating Nun is offline                         Send a private message to The Levitating Nun
Old 13-03-2005, 07:47 PM   #5
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

That's why I only play on Trench Wars which the main goal of the game is to play team and to get the flag as long as you can. It's way more interesting that way!
Old 14-03-2005, 02:10 PM   #6
Bob the Dinosuar

is Trench Wars the only game you play!? what about Metal Gear CTF, or Star Wars Relam, or Omega Fire? :Titan:

...heheh...being a sniper in Metal Gear CTF is fun...

but I think it should be put under condersideration to add to abandonia. it was one of the first graphic MMPROGs, actually the term wasn't even around then...
I mean sure you have MUDs..but....
Bob the Dinosuar is offline                         Send a private message to Bob the Dinosuar
Old 14-03-2005, 05:57 PM   #7
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

As I said I only play Trench Wars because it's the only interesting place. Period.

I used to play 17th Parallel before they turned it into a uber action nightmare. I still play Hockey Zone from time to time but it is either rarely up or there is nobody there to play with.
Old 14-03-2005, 07:39 PM   #8
Bob the Dinosuar

I disagree.:not_ok: I see your point, SubSpace is slowly..(actually fastly...)
Dieing, and the 17 parallel and Hockey Zone are going with it..as is SWR... but there is still Trench Wars, Death Star Battle, and Metal Gear CTF....

but Trench Wars is not the ONLY interesting game! thats too biased towards Trench Wars! :angry: