Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-07-2005, 08:06 PM   #11
Danny252
I have a custom title!

aah, meloves me all-in-wonder. s. megots 2.
Old 27-07-2005, 09:24 AM   #12
Sameeralord
Game freak

Thanks for all the replies guys k: k: !!,

@Apocalypse Dude:Thanks for the info k: . Yeah I'm using a laptop. If you can would you be able to give me a description of PCMCIA slot or better a screenshot. So I know for sure which slot it is. I think I know which slot you mean but just to make sure.

@Reup: Thanks for the info and the link k: . That was the one I was hoping there would be and I would surely check it out. Thanks.

@efthimios: Thanks for the info k: . Is USB 2 far more better than USB 1. I would check out the USB 2 connector then.

@vipin: Thanks for the info k: . Please don't hessitate to post the links cause I would like to check them out. So the softwares you mentioned works with the TV card so I'll check them out after I get the TV card.

So basically my graphics card is all right and I don't need a TV card. All I need is a PCMCIA slot TV connector or USB 2 TV connector. Please tell me if I'm wrong and I need to buy a TV card as well.

Sameeralord is offline                         Send a private message to Sameeralord
Old 27-07-2005, 09:56 AM   #13
Reup
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

If you just want to record video tapes you have allready you can use the Video-in of your video-card.

If you want to record tv-transmissions you need a TV-Tuner card. Basically this is what's in you TV-as well and does nothing but translate the signal from your cable-tv or antenna. This can be a PCI-card, a PCMCIA-card of an external USB(2)-device.

Fot both these types, you're going to need some software that captures whatever signal you're recording and converts it into a video-file, such as an .AVI of .MPG-file. Usually this is done in two phases: 1) a 'raw' recording, uncompressed and very, very large is saved to your harddisk 2) this file is compressed using any compressions algoriithm, such as MPG2 (videoCD), MPEG4 (Divx) or whatever.
Reup is offline                         Send a private message to Reup
Old 27-07-2005, 10:27 AM   #14
vipin
Super Freak

Send a message via AIM to vipin

Well, I forgot to tell you, but the software I am using does not require a TV Tuner Card but you can watching them using your internet connection. All you require are Windows Media Player and Real Player, which are found in every PC!
Get the full information here:-
http://holersoft.net/tv.htm
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Internet/Inte...adio-TV-Player/ (Great Link)
As far as recording is concerned, I don't think it is actually possible in these players. (though when you will click on the second link, you will see many tools, onlineTV 2.3.28.17 is capable of doing that recording thing too :angel: ) . Anyway, try them since you can watch channels from around the world and in large number! k:

Thanx :angel:
Old 27-07-2005, 11:22 AM   #15
Sameeralord
Game freak

Hey I'm getting confused now do I need another card to record video tapes on to the computer. Let's get this straight I need to record video tapes onto the computer so I go to the store and ask a a PCMCIA-card of an external USB(2)-device or some other thing. Just getting confused here sorry.

As for the TV programs I would surely check them out but sadly I have dial up . Thanks for the links k:
Sameeralord is offline                         Send a private message to Sameeralord
Old 27-07-2005, 01:03 PM   #16
Shrek
Abandonia Ogre

yep, you seam a little bit confused so, let me see if i can explain it a little better:

- you will allways need a tv card unless your graphics card has a "video-in" connection; that will be true if you have a "all-in-wonder" board or something like it - by what you said, you have a ATI mobility chipset, so, you really have to buy a tv card.

- there are two kinds of tv cards: 1) internal, that will be connected to your laptop using a PCMCIA slot; 2) external, which will be connected via USB (check the link given by Reup)

the tv card will be the "interface" to connect your video player or video camera to your computer. most or almost all the tv cards have a tv turner which allow you to connect an antenna and tune tv channels.

@ vipin: there are several tv stations that have online streams allowing people to watch tv over internet. i can also give you a few links for that (portuguese channels), but they require bandwith, so they are not suitable to everybody.
Shrek is offline                         Send a private message to Shrek
Old 27-07-2005, 04:04 PM   #17
Apocalypse Dude
Super Freak

PCMCIA is the card slot on the side of your notebook :

k:

Apocalypse Dude is offline                         Send a private message to Apocalypse Dude
Old 28-07-2005, 08:25 AM   #18
Sameeralord
Game freak

@Shrek: WoW k: Finally I understand how to do this. Thanks for making thigs lot easier. One last question which cable do I use to connect the Video player to the TV card.

@Apocalypse Dude: Thanks k: now I know the exact slot. So I'll basically go to the store and buy which ever one they have. PCMCIA or USB 2.
Old 28-07-2005, 12:18 PM   #19
vipin
Super Freak

Send a message via AIM to vipin

Quote:
Originally posted by Shrek@Jul 28 2005, 02:03 AM
there are several tv stations that have online streams allowing people to watch tv over internet. i can also give you a few links for that (portuguese channels), but they require bandwith, so they are not suitable to everybody.
actually at that time I was not aware that Sameeralord has dial-up connection!

But still, you can use Free Internet TV bcoz it has some channels at 45 K, but for that purpose, your dial-up has to be perfect which is not possible practicallly many times. :whistle:

By the way, can u give me a link that shows "JORDAN TV"? One of my online friends on Yahoo needs a Jordan TV Player! I am unable to find one .