Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Documentation / Extras
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-05-2007, 12:32 PM   #1
Svend Karlson

Default [Extra] Disciples Of Steel (Manual)

$50 reward for Disciples of Steel manual

This old game is easy to find, it's downloadable from this site, plus many others.

Unfortunately, the copy protection was never properly overcome. The crack available will let you start & resume the game, but there are other copy protection methods built into the game, including a CRC check that detects without fail the modification that the crack makes to the .exe file & terminates the game.

To get past the copy protection without using the crack, the manual is needed.

I'd love to replay this old game. If you can help me do that by providing me with a scanned copy of the PC manual I'll gladly reimburse you the cost of a modern full price game via Paypal - $50.

Please pm me or reply to this thread if you can help.

Best regards
Svend Karlson is offline                         Send a private message to Svend Karlson
Old 18-05-2007, 01:52 PM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

The manual has been scanned and uploaded a long time ago. It seems, however, that it has been misplaced somehow.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 18-05-2007, 02:55 PM   #3
Svend Karlson

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ May 18 2007, 12:52 PM) [snapback]290715[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
The manual has been scanned and uploaded a long time ago. It seems, however, that it has been misplaced somehow.
[/b]
This is not a particularly popular game, and one of the other Abandonware sites even calls it a "True Dog". Even so it is available for download in many places, and some of those places have download counters that indicate it has been downloaded hundreds of times. One that I came across even had a comment added by one of the developers of the game.

Despite this, none of the people that downloaded the game from any of these sites will have been able to actually play it through, rather the cracked version is like a demo, and not a particularly flattering one because the early game experience often involves getting your entire party killed off by a strong monster met in a random encounter.

This is the first site I've seen where the manual was even discussed.
Svend Karlson is offline                         Send a private message to Svend Karlson
Old 18-05-2007, 03:07 PM   #4
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

If I don't get any reply from Kosta on the matter in next few days, I'll talk with the person who originally scanned it and see what can be done about rescanning.

At the moment, Kosta hasn't been online since 9th and I PM'ed him on the subject on 10th... I hope he'll come around soon.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 19-05-2007, 07:39 AM   #5
Svend Karlson

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ May 18 2007, 02:07 PM) [snapback]290723[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
If I don't get any reply from Kosta on the matter in next few days, I'll talk with the person who originally scanned it and see what can be done about rescanning.

At the moment, Kosta hasn't been online since 9th and I PM'ed him on the subject on 10th... I hope he'll come around soon.
[/b]
My thanks to you sir k:
Old 01-06-2007, 02:33 PM   #6
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

According to Kosta, the manual should be up soon.

-- Reed Richards
Old 03-06-2007, 12:10 PM   #7
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Jun 1 2007, 03:33 PM) [snapback]292522[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
According to Kosta, the manual should be up soon.
[/b]
And here it is: Manual.
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano