Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-03-2005, 05:20 PM   #11
Omuletzu
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to Omuletzu Send a message via Yahoo to Omuletzu

I modified your post.We don't like warez talk around here.. that aside you *need* to use dosbox to make our games work.For a newbie guide to using dosbox, go to the troubleshooting forum and check the stickies there.That or hunt down horseman's signature.

Best of luck
Omuletzu is offline                         Send a private message to Omuletzu
Old 01-04-2005, 06:05 PM   #12
Slug_Buster

Jack in the Dark uses the same engine as Alone in the Dark 1, thats why they're so similar. Without DOSBox none of my ancient games would work, it's saved them form the bin! k: :Brain:

Old 31-05-2005, 03:14 PM   #13
Kung Fu Hung-Su

I played this game a few years ago, came for free with a magazine along with Alone in the Dark 1...i was FAR too young for either of the games...could never figure out what to do with jack in the dark, anyone here completed it? i remember putting a coin into the candy machine then getting mauled by a marionette...i haven't played since...

Old 14-10-2006, 07:53 PM   #14

I've got Jack in the Dark, but there is no music. But if you put the Alone in the Dark CD in a PS2 you can hear the soundtrack.

Sorry for bumping this topic. I saw this on Google tonight.

Old 26-10-2007, 06:12 AM   #15

Is this really called "Jack in the dark".

Seriously?

Am I the only one that finds that hilarious?

Old 15-07-2008, 05:50 PM   #16
hazode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kung Fu Hung-Su View Post
I played this game a few years ago, came for free with a magazine along with Alone in the Dark 1...i was FAR too young for either of the games...could never figure out what to do with jack in the dark, anyone here completed it? i remember putting a coin into the candy machine then getting mauled by a marionette...i haven't played since...
I haven't played it, but I believe that Jack In The Dark can be completed in 13 steps.

"the shortest officially released action adventure is Jack in the Dark , a spin-off created to promote the release of Alone in the Dark 2. The game, which involves haunted toys, can be completed in just thirteen steps." - Guinness world records gamer's edition.
hazode is offline                         Send a private message to hazode
Old 16-07-2008, 06:03 AM   #17
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Yes

Alone in the Dark saga is nice one. Recommend YOU.
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Old 24-07-2008, 08:27 AM   #18
expanding_mayhem
Lurker

Default ...

This one gave me quite the scares when I first played it. It made me play Alone in the Dark 1 also
expanding_mayhem is offline                         Send a private message to expanding_mayhem
Old 26-02-2009, 04:03 AM   #19
rxj
Talking Haha!!

"Jack in the Dark"? That's hilarious. Someone named a game after something I do every night in front of my computer.

Old 23-08-2009, 03:22 PM   #20
Hunter Hunted
Abandonia nerd

I really like the Alone in the Dark games. The movies are not that great, but the games are very well thought out. However, I wish they had released them all for the PS1 instead of having them exclusive to Windows. The second game received a decent PS1 release under the name of Alone in the Dark: Jack is Back, but out of the first three games, it was the least scariest one.

I think Jack in the Dark is a funny game, because of the title and the music. I'm not convinced they wanted this to be a horror game. It is not at all scary. There's no real violence in it either. Evil toys? Wow....

The New Nightmare was kind of scary, with the abandoned island, but it was like a poor man's Resident Evil 2 at times. The latest Alone in the Dark game on the PS3 had too many annoying glitches, and I was not impressed by it.
Hunter Hunted is offline                         Send a private message to Hunter Hunted