Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-02-2005, 12:10 PM   #41
S0llem

I finally finished the game. I loved it! Too bad i couldn't finish without a walktrough :angry:
S0llem is offline                         Send a private message to S0llem
Old 22-02-2005, 09:40 PM   #42
Taffer

Wow, this site is simply the best ! I really loved this game and bought the CD retail version, when? 6, 8 years ago ? Can't really recall but it has always been one of my all time favorite games, together with UFO/XCOM and the Thief series. The retail version came without the diary and I've been looking for it for all these years, and now I finally find it !! Thanks !!!!!!!! k: :Brain: :_)

Old 23-02-2005, 06:51 AM   #43
Hobo Joe

Hi, I just downloaded the game and found this site looking for help. I'm running it in DOSBOX, and every time I start it up I have the same problem, maybe you guys can help..*crosses fingers*...

When the game starts, everything seems fine, it runs through the opening sequence, and when it gets to the start where it shows the guy in bed, it won't do much. I see a black pointer where my mouse is moving, but when I click on stuff it doesn't do anything. None of the keys seems to do anything except for one of them in the vicinity of "insert, home, page up, delete, end, page down". All it did was tell me something about the room though. So I hit my WINDOWS key to back out of DOSBOX and look for help on firefox, and when I returned to the game the graphics were all messed up but I could tell that the "examine" hand was now moving with my mouse and the box on the left was showing what the hand was on.

Can anyone tell me what is wrong here? This seems like a pretty cool game, and I was looking forward to playing it. Thanks in advance for any help you may provide

Old 23-02-2005, 10:16 PM   #44
Wizborg

MAN I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!

I've had this for my amiga emulator for a while and been looking for Diary of a (Mad)Man for AGES... I'm gonna d/l this and see how it compares to the Amiga version.. Hope I'm not disappointed. ANy1 wants to play the original version, I suggest downloading WinUAE, AIAB (Amiga In A Box), the Kickstart Roms (P2P ) and going to www.planetemu.net. The site's primarily in French, but the important bits are understandable.

Wizborg

Old 24-02-2005, 03:33 PM   #45
Mad-E-Fact
Games Master

I had the AGA version of the game, so the graphics were actually better quality (256colors, and higher resolution), but they left out some details from the amiga version, like the rain on the streets.
Mad-E-Fact is offline                         Send a private message to Mad-E-Fact
Old 04-04-2005, 12:02 PM   #46
Banjo

Hi!

Just arrived here and of course the first game I checked to see if was around was Dreamweb! Nah, I already own the CD version, but I wanted to see if there were other fans of the game... cool to find a few!

While there are a few things I REALLY wished were more fully developed in this game (longer scenarios for some of the characters, such as Underwood and Sartain) and resolution to some of the more 'glossed over' aspects (eg. Father O'Roarke's 'entropy', Chapel's murder), this actually remains one of my favourite games ever. I find it amongst the most atmospheric games I've ever played (ranking equal for me with Fallout and Full Throttle), there's just something about the admittedly simple music, the sound of the rain, the weary voices (on the CD) of so many characters (especially Ryan) that just builds a real sense of foreboding yet inevitable darkness. Sure, I still think it needed a couple of improvements, but overall I do love Dreamweb.

Just talking about it makes me want to play it again!!! But, maybe I'll see if I can track down the Amiga version and give that a try...

Incidentally, I'm in Australia and this game was one of several (like Phantasmagoria) that got 'withdrawn from sale' here (reportedly due to Crane's 'activities' before his demise). I remember getting my copy just a day or two before it got pulled from shelves. A coupel of years later, I saw a copy in a bargain bin and bought that too, just for good measure. Like I said, I REALLY loved this game.

Cheers,
Banjo
Banjo is offline                         Send a private message to Banjo
Old 10-04-2005, 09:43 AM   #47
Karlo

DOES ANYBODY WHERE TO GET FORM THE FREE GERMAN VERSION OF "REALMS OF ARCANIA: STAR TRAIL"???? IF SO PLEASE POST IT!!!

Old 10-04-2005, 10:44 AM   #48
Kevin_AU

G'day, just found this site. Some great games here. Good to see Dreamweb is not forgotten. I've also got the CD version (Got it in a bundle about 9 years ago).
Like what's been said before the atmosphere of this game!
Also included on the CD is a 'bonus' music track.
Kevin_AU is offline                         Send a private message to Kevin_AU
Old 10-04-2005, 03:44 PM   #49
Banjo

The bonus track on the CD was cool... in fact, I really liked all the music in Dreamweb. It added a LOT to the atmosphere, and I still remember the Dealer's Theme/End Title track with fondess! I acutually extracted all the music from my own CD to listen to, and was surprised to find that each piece was very short, and simply looped! I never realised until I heard it outside of the game so I guess that means they did a good job using just short pieces as ambient music.

I don't know how big my MP3 I made of the CD bonus track is, but maybe it would be nice to have for download if folks were interested?

Cheers,
Banjo
Banjo is offline                         Send a private message to Banjo
Old 11-04-2005, 02:23 AM   #50
Kevin_AU

The bonus track is 50MB as a wave, but I guess it'd be about 4 once converted to mp3. I don't remember much from the music aspect but my most vivid memory is the hotel scene(I don't I've been so surprised before), as well as the end scene in front of Ryan's house.
Also, looking at the pics for this game, how come it doesn't show Ryan with his sunny's or watch?!

Kevin_AU is offline                         Send a private message to Kevin_AU