Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-05-2006, 11:04 AM   #11
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

Quote:
Originally posted by gregor+May 11 2006, 06:10 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gregor @ May 11 2006, 06:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-David86@May 10 2006, 09:34 PM
This hat is amazing!
What a luky boy!
meh a lot of old military items from soviet union is available on various markets in east european countries. i remember also seeing the sellers on some Budapest tourist sites. they had it all from old russian watches (very good ones) to uniforms and stuff. [/b][/quote]
I know it..
But I love this type of military items...piece of history!
Old 11-05-2006, 11:14 AM   #12
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Playbahnosh@May 11 2006, 06:30 AM

[STORY]
Three weeks ago, me and some friends took a tour to Budapest, to the Museum of Warfare. It was quite a show for us game freaks, seeing weapons and equipment we only did see in games like we were walking in Call of Duty LOL
After the exhibit, we took a look in the shop at the entrance. And as gregor said, you can buy russian and hungarian military stuff(not weapons though ) for a very reasonable price, almost free. Some of us bought asome badges of rank and one of my friends bought a russian flack-jacket. (if you are smart and cunning enough, you can get whatever russian equipment you want from the market though ) Well that was quite an experience actually seeing those things live, not just on the screen. Like artilery cannons, guns, tanks, sidearms, models of bigger battles(even video presentations)...
That was awesome
[/STORY]

Maybe if I go to Budapest I can get something for any of you?
The museum we have in Kobarid is all about 1st WW. i am still waiting to see a FPS game topic on that event.

EDIT: they have stuff from WW2 in it as well. from WW1 you can get a lot of material on the hills in surrounding area.

I would take a geiger counter with me when buying soviet material. just in case they are trying to sell smth from Chernobyl. as i saw many of the things went missing form that site. :-/

Once i got red star from my cousin, the kind that our military used to have on their hats. but i lost it the very next day. stupid pulover. had too big holes and i never noticed it fell off. luckilly i still have my Pioneer stuff. red scarf and blue hat with red star on it.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 11-05-2006, 11:37 AM   #13
U-Boat Commander David
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Quick guys! We have his face! Lets find him and set Titan on him!
Don't even THINK about it, i sleep with a AK-47 Next to me. WITH Baionet.

Damn, i know it, Titan is from the CIA!!!

Quote:
Though it seems to be missing its gold braid it appears to be Soviet naval officers parade visor hat, white, Circa 1970-1991.
Yep, my friend sayd it misses this golden thing, but thanks for the link, my mom can make me one. k:

Quote:
meh a lot of old military items from soviet union is available on various markets in east european countries. i remember also seeing the sellers on some Budapest tourist sites. they had it all from old russian watches (very good ones) to uniforms and stuff.
My hat is from ukraine!

That stuff is HATED over there, you get it for free if you promise you get it outta Country... LOL
I also get a watch from there!
In a month or so, when my friend is back from ukraine!

Quote:
But I love this type of military items...piece of history!
Me Too!

Quote:
I'm no communist but I don't like your verve for military stuff.
I think it's worrisome....
It is!

Quote:
I'm happy that you're happy with your russian captains cap.
It's Really nice running around the house ordering Parents Around!

You there, get me something to drink!Do you want me to die from thirst or What?!?

You, Move move Move!Wash that dishes faster!

(To my dad on the couch ) What are you doing here?!? Get moving! Wash that Floor! LOL

U-Boat Commander David is offline                         Send a private message to U-Boat Commander David
Old 11-05-2006, 02:05 PM   #14
ShadowXIX
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by U-Boat Commander David@May 11 2006, 11:37 AM
Quote:

Don't even THINK about it, i sleep with a AK-47 Next to me. WITH Baionet.

Ah a fellow AK owner k: My favorite gun

But no bayonet for me :tai: not even a bayonet lug since for some reason bayonets are a illegal option in my state.

Drive by bayonetings are at a all time low though LOL
ShadowXIX is offline                         Send a private message to ShadowXIX
Old 11-05-2006, 03:38 PM   #15
Danny252
I have a custom title!

Our School Bus followed a Scorpion/Sabre/Scimitar (I'm not sure which it was exactly). Those 3 are CVRTs, rather lightly armoured things. Still, funny watching this guy in a T-shirt and sunglasses indicating its movement with hand signals as we followed

I sugegsted we stal the thing. I mean, we know where it turned... hehe...
The guy who obviously owned it /was where it was destined also had a tractor
Old 11-05-2006, 11:55 PM   #16
rlbell
Game freak

Quote:
Originally posted by gregor+May 11 2006, 05:10 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gregor @ May 11 2006, 05:10 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-David86@May 10 2006, 09:34 PM
This hat is amazing!
What a luky boy!
meh a lot of old military items from soviet union is available on various markets in east european countries. i remember also seeing the sellers on some Budapest tourist sites. they had it all from old russian watches (very good ones) to uniforms and stuff. [/b][/quote]
It is harder to come by in north america, but I do have a red army hat badge. All I need now is the right kind of hat to put it on-- that black hat with the tie-down ear flaps, preferably some kind of fake fur. One of my professors was an emigre from Russia, and he had done his two year stint of compulsory military service, so I would have worn it to class on Red Army Day, but we did not have a lecture, on that day (Feb 14, ISTR).
rlbell is offline                         Send a private message to rlbell
Old 12-05-2006, 04:01 AM   #17
punch999
The true Shadow President

Quote:
It's Really nice running around the house ordering Parents Around!*

You there, get me something to drink!Do you want me to die from thirst or What?!?

You, Move move Move!Wash that dishes faster!

(To my dad on the couch* ) What are you doing here?!? Get moving! Wash that Floor!*

If I even tried that on my parents....
punch999 is offline                         Send a private message to punch999
Old 12-05-2006, 06:34 AM   #18
#BlakhOle#
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by U-Boat Commander David@May 11 2006, 09:37 PM
Go mum <_<
#BlakhOle# is offline                         Send a private message to #BlakhOle#