Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-10-2008, 10:31 PM   #161
BranjoHello
Skilled WormMaster

This one is very nice, looks kind of creepy at the beginning but that feeling fades quickly. :thumbs:

BranjoHello is offline                         Send a private message to BranjoHello
Old 26-11-2008, 12:52 AM   #162
denton_ea
Lurker

Unhappy new and confused

Okay y'all, I'm lost. I've gotten dosbox and can get one other game to run on it, but not save. I can't even figure out how to get Death Gate to start. I'd really like to play it (and others) but I'm way too confused here.

(By the way, read the books if you haven't. I checked them out from the library as a kid, all seven at once. I got a $10 fine for turning them in late!)
denton_ea is offline                         Send a private message to denton_ea
Old 26-11-2008, 06:55 AM   #163
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Please start a new topic in Troubleshooting, with a precise description of your problem (including which game you're unable to save in).

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 09-08-2009, 08:06 AM   #164
JimiH
Lightbulb Problem

Hi guys! At first a I want to thank you for doing such a great work - abandonia is my favourite oldgames site. Death Gate is wonderful problem, but I've got problem (I play CD version, but I think it's not different in gameplay).

I'm in the ledge with giant spider and staff which is covered with a web. I took a arrow and the other thing under dead body, I also used a hot stone on beehive and marmelade on spider. So the creature is dead, but bees are pissed of and don't let me take the staff. I used a shear to cut off a web or a pod, but I got killed. I clicked on the different spots on screen, but nothing work. It gave me different messages like: "You were to far and killed by bees." or "Shear is too rusty and couldn't cut off the thick web." and so on. I check the walkthrough on this page and walkthrough from czech magazine, but none of that help me.

I hope someone help me, it's a great game!

P.S. I'm sorry for my average english.

Old 11-08-2009, 12:06 AM   #165
Sal
Game Wizzard

Hi JimiH,
There is a very good walkthrough by Sabatianos at Abandonia which would be of help to you...Did you throw the black disc into the web?You must cut the pod containing the staff with the shear and transport it back to the campfire using the black stone. Hope this helps
Sal is offline                         Send a private message to Sal
Old 11-08-2009, 09:55 AM   #166
JimiH
Lightbulb Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Hi JimiH,
There is a very good walkthrough by Sabatianos at Abandonia which would be of help to you...Did you throw the black disc into the web?You must cut the pod containing the staff with the shear and transport it back to the campfire using the black stone. Hope this helps
I did all of this and checked walkthrough too, but nothing helped. I make long story short: Spider is dead. Hive is burning a bees are angry. I can't cut the pod because bees surround me and kill me (sometimes it said that the shears are rusty). Black disc is on the ground, I can take it, I can use it to transport safely back, but that's all. I tried everything but I will keep doing it, because this game is worth it. Perhaps I find a right way.
By the way, when you are saying "black stone" you mean "black disc"?

Old 11-08-2009, 10:05 AM   #167
JimiH
Lightbulb Screenshots

There are screenshots from the game.

This happens when I cut the pod next to staff:
http://img6.imageshack.us/i/dgate010.png/

This happens when I cut the web next to staff:
http://img14.imageshack.us/i/dgate011.png/

Old 07-09-2009, 10:56 PM   #168
lazylisa

Send a message via AIM to lazylisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimiH View Post
There are screenshots from the game.

This happens when I cut the pod next to staff:
http://img6.imageshack.us/i/dgate010.png/

This happens when I cut the web next to staff:
http://img14.imageshack.us/i/dgate011.png/
I just played this -- basically you need to have gotten some yellow flowers from Zifnab's tree, then when you're down in the chasm or whatever with all the bees you crush the flowers. This causes a horrible stench and the bugs stay away from you. I can't tell from your screenshots if the flowers are in your inventory. If you don't have time to transport yourself back and forth again now without being devoured then you may have to restore to an earlier saved game to get the flowers.
lazylisa is offline                         Send a private message to lazylisa
Old 07-09-2009, 10:58 PM   #169
lazylisa

Send a message via AIM to lazylisa

On another note, I just finished Death Gate now for the first time, what a great game! So elaborately plotted, and the puzzles were logical and a good mix of easy and hard. I didn't miss the voice actors so much since there was SOOO much text to be read, but I did kind of wish I saw the cutscenes.... especially at the very end, it felt over with too quickly and kind of anticlimactic with only text and not some kind of finishing scene, a bit disappointing. But all in all, very enjoyable, maybe I'll download the full version sometime. Or even read the books
lazylisa is offline                         Send a private message to lazylisa
Old 09-12-2009, 10:06 AM   #170
Pans
Lightbulb cinematics and feelings....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazylisa View Post
. especially at the very end, it felt over with too quickly and kind of anticlimactic with only text and not some kind of finishing scene, a bit disappointing. But all in all, very enjoyable, maybe I'll download the full version sometime. Or even read the books
some of the cinematics are available at youtube, in this channel.

http://www.youtube.com/user/randomcommoner

Warning: there is the Finale-vid coming first, so beware if yer don't want to ruin yer playing-pleasure. I haven't watched it yet, 'cuz I have still few stones to turn in the game.

The Kleitus livejournal-bit is enlightening - though you can gather the bits and pieces from the text, its still more enjoyable to watch it in pictures...

Also, I like the way that the game has a different feel, and slightly different characters and outcomes as the books - it's really fun to read the story in the book at the same time as to play this, you have like two angles to the same world... the other wave of possibility..

a fun game, thanx, A