Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-08-2006, 10:30 PM   #131
Guest_jazagod_*

This game sorta sounds like like Alpha Centauri, except not on one planet. Is it, I am a huge centauri fan and just curious.
Cheers

Old 19-09-2006, 12:59 AM   #132

hi...

there is no any *.gif within the archive as is mentioned, so any suggestions where to look for the copy protection answers?

I also have a question about sounds - is there any sounds/music except in intro and cut scenes?

Old 30-10-2006, 03:40 AM   #133

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMarth
I always chose the Silicoids simply for the ease and early colonization...
I've tried Sakkras and Humans, buut Silicoids have become my favorite. It's a whole extra step removed from establishing my empire when I choose them, since I don't have to research different environments and by seeking out and colonizing "normal" planets, I force other species to enter power struggles early on, further slowing down their expansion.

I pay the price for it, though, when they "realize" I'm a bigger threat and have covered nearly 3/4 of the galaxy and have level 50 tech within a matter of years, but by then, I'm pretty secure in defenses and have a steady supply of B.C. for bribes and fleet building.

Last edited by arete; 13-10-2009 at 06:47 AM.

Old 01-11-2006, 03:00 AM   #134
laiocfar
NOD Commander

I like the darklots(the dark guys) they fit very well to the nation against the other are allied.
Old 16-11-2006, 10:04 PM   #135
guest osk

i dont know, but i usualy win in any case in the first 3 difficult levels, with patience etc... at one time my opponent at average difficult level had 32000 of 2 medium ships, so 64.000 ship, but fled rather than confronting my 100 huge ships or my 60 missile bases.

i prefer the races with production bonuses. the meklar and those insects have those. though the meklar bonus takes a bit longer to actualy have an effect on gameplay, having 2 factories more per population than others are likely to have is nice. i found out this way that 2500 factories is the maximum you can have on 1 planet

silicons are usualy nice to start with, but later on they have huge problems with research and such. fast start but slow overall

in most games i played, these have been most annoying (as far as i can remember the spelling): Bulrathi, the bear people. their ground combat bonus means they usualy dont bother building their own colonies in the beginning, they just take yours

psilon, always have an incredibly fasts start, one day i will find out how they do it, since my fastest start always lags behind compared to their fast starts

Old 17-11-2006, 05:07 AM   #136
Maven

Ahhh the MOO. One of my old favorites.

Some of the things that were unusual about MOO. The tech tree being randomized the way it was, made apprehending techs by spying and invasion much more important. I think this was the single thing I missed in MOO2. I mean with all the Civ clones only MOO in my experience did this.

How the computer chose what techs you would get, as I remember... Each race(except Psilons) had a 50% chance to get each tech, with a gauranteed of at least 1 tech in each science for every 5 levels.

MOO also had one of the best(if not the best) strategy guides. A strategy guide that didn't just tell you how to win, but actually broke down some of nuances of the game. It even had an argument large vs small ships, with neither a clear winner, but both having their uses.

other stuff...

Give a technology away to each race, it will give you a permanent diplomacy boost. Only the first one works like this, subsequent ones only give an immediate boost.

some of those 32000 stacks of ships are from an integer error.

I still have my strategy guide but I don't own the first game any more as the disks died years ago. Not sure about the manual. I kept MOO2 because it could be played on just the HD with a special installation.

Oh and Acendancy was just came up cold in my opinion.

Maven

No one will ever win the battle of the sexes, there is too much fraternizing with the enemy. . .attributed to kissenger or churchhill
Maven is offline                         Send a private message to Maven
Old 17-11-2006, 01:44 PM   #137
Gottfried
Forum hobbit

moo is good but moo2 is GREAT, there are much more possibilities, techz and you have to play each race bit differently.. Silicoids owns there too with Sakkras and Psilons if they survive 2/3rds of the game are very annoying.. Anyway, I just love creating my own race there..
Gottfried is offline                         Send a private message to Gottfried
Old 28-01-2007, 07:27 AM   #138
scottish_norseman
Lurker

When I'm playing I am asked to identify "technology" in the form of ships with a long list of names. If answered wrong, my empire apparently is destroyed! This is really pissing me off! I like the game, but it burns my behind that its being wiped out based on an MCQ! What is going on with this? Is there a way around it? I NEED HELP!!! PLEASE! Help me save my empire!

-W. Arthur Buchanan
scottish_norseman is offline                         Send a private message to scottish_norseman
Old 28-01-2007, 08:13 AM   #139
DarkMatter

Quote:
What is going on with this? Is there a way around it? I NEED HELP!!! PLEASE! Help me save my empire!
Thats copy protection.
And yes, there is a way around it. Just PM me and I'll help you out.
Regards,
DarkMatter

Last edited by arete; 13-10-2009 at 06:48 AM.
DarkMatter is offline                         Send a private message to DarkMatter
Old 29-01-2007, 01:20 AM   #140
Avelardo
Abandonia nerd

Don't even need to PM anyone, it's included with all the reference material you should have downloaded with the game, if you got it from Abandonia... :tai:
Avelardo is offline                         Send a private message to Avelardo