Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 31-12-2010, 08:54 PM   #81
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

M&M3 is very much an old-RPG design, and you take chances that can lose or get you a lot in a single moment. The old adage, save just about every turn, really applies, if not nearly as much as in M&M2--which in turn was quite a bit easier than M&M1.

There should be a trainer you can use out there. Check out the web for one. I think you'll be able to give yourself back everything you lost, assuming you don't have an earlier save file.

EDIT: This editor might do the trick. Haven't used it, but it is from RPG Classics, and their stuff is tested and usually pretty solid.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 04-01-2011, 10:06 AM   #82
smello
Default My stats were reset?

My characters have levels between 60-90 and now I noticed that almost all of them suddenly have gotten most of their stats reset to 3? I.e. they're back to square one.

Anyone know how that might have happened? :/

Old 04-01-2011, 10:11 AM   #83
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco

Did you sat on Throne in Tomb of Terror? They give you many Exp but revert your Stats to nothing...

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco
Old 04-01-2011, 10:25 AM   #84
Smello
Default Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paco View Post
Did you sat on Throne in Tomb of Terror? They give you many Exp but revert your Stats to nothing...
Ooops.... yep I did. I didn't notice that all my stats dropped. Is there anything that can be done or do I need to completely rebuild my characters?

Thanks a lot for the info btw

Old 04-01-2011, 01:41 PM   #85
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smello View Post
Ooops.... yep I did. I didn't notice that all my stats dropped. Is there anything that can be done or do I need to completely rebuild my characters?
No need to worry. Levels are more important than stats. You'll be surprised how effective characters with 3 in all stats can be. The number of attacks per round you get and casting level depend only on levels, not on stats.

How to get your stats up again fast:

Might and Endurance: There are two altars in the caverns below Swamptown, one raises might by 20 and the other raises endurance by 25 each time you visit it with less than 50 in this stat
Accuracy: There's a trainer in a wagon near Baywatch who will raise it up to 25 for 1,000 gold per point
Int, Per, Luck, Acc: Give gems to the guy in the spider cave so he refreshes the stat boosting crystals

If you have a druid with lowered stats in your party you can donate gems three times at a shrine in the forest near Fountain Head to raise all stats lower than 25 by 10 each time. A druid is perfect for this, you can get 80 levels for sitting on all 4 thrones and get the stats up again afterwards.

Keep in mind that stat benefits increase more slowly when the stats get high, there's from 3-21 you get an an improvement every 2 points while there's no difference between 50-74 and that 21-50 to get most benefits can be easily reached which stat boosting items even if you have natural 3.
There are also locations where you can raise stats temporarily, there's a well somewhere on a snow covered island which raises all stats by 100 for a day and you can raise luck to the maximum temporarily by throwing coins into the Baywatch fountain for example.

Last edited by kmonster; 04-01-2011 at 02:08 PM.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 05-01-2011, 04:43 PM   #86
Smello
Talking Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmonster View Post
No need to worry. Levels are more important than stats. You'll be surprised how effective characters with 3 in all stats can be. The number of attacks per round you get and casting level depend only on levels, not on stats.

How to get your stats up again fast:

That's fantastic! Thank you so much! I've decided to play the whole series so I'm gonna finish this game if it kills me but I'd rather just go raise my stats again quick n easy

Old 28-01-2012, 04:25 PM   #87
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smello View Post
That's fantastic! Thank you so much! I've decided to play the whole series so I'm gonna finish this game if it kills me but I'd rather just go raise my stats again quick n easy

Buy it!

After 21 years?

No Abandoniaware?

But I played Xeen free of charge before 5 years?
Old 28-01-2012, 06:40 PM   #88
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Yoga, do you realize that for us to consider a game abandonware it must not be sold anywhere?
Two years ago the copyright owners have licensed GOG to sell the first six Might & Magic games, including the Xeen titles: http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/might...imited_edition
It's sold, it's not abandonware, if you want to play it you'll have to buy it.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 31-01-2012, 03:57 PM   #89
Dewfire
Forum hobbit

Send a message via Yahoo to Dewfire

Gotta Love GOG for keeping classics in the spotlight and selling them. But at the same time, gotta hate them for selling software that without them you'd be able to get for free on here!

Dewfire is offline                         Send a private message to Dewfire
Old 06-04-2012, 01:29 PM   #90
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

Default This weekend for sale

gog.com has a promo this weekend, Might and Magic games 50% off. So you can get the sixpack which includes part 1-6 and Swords of Xeen for $4.99 (or even less euros). So if you haven't played MM3 or the others yet, here's the opportunity to get it (and don't forgot to pick up the free Fallout 1 too), this game deserves to be played by everyone.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster