Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-03-2011, 01:07 AM   #1
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

Default Paradox Grand Strategies

I like both Europa Universalis 3 AND Crusader kings, and cannot decide which is better. Europa certainly has a much easier military, in which you decide what units are to be made and can field armies as long as you have the man power, but i think the Crusader kings just has a more atmospheric feel to the game. War is harder too in Crusader kings, specially if your playing as a minor nation (going from just Leinster to uniting ALL of Ireland and with holding a british invasion takes years of in game time!)

Now the thing i like about Crusader kings though is the fact that you have dynasties. In my Leinster game, as I re-unified Ireland under my flag, by the time I was King, the wars had taken the lives of 2 other kings! The original one died in battle, the next one was assassinated by one of my own nobles, and in the end, a 12 year old was left running the ENTIRE country, which was just a lightly patched framework of vassals. And to make things worse, we were drawn into a war with England who insisted on taking the Isle of Man. Many a Irish lad died in defense of the Island, and eventually it was the french that saved us from the british. Weeee

Though in EU3, I feel more like im leading a country! As england, I successfully led an invasion of Munster and Brittany while fighting the French off. In the end i gained 3 provinces in Brittany, Annexed munster, and only lost the province of Gascogne to the French, all with minimal casualties. To make things better, a few years have passed and I am mending my relations with the French so they won't attack my other provinces. Being king is good.

BUT now I wanna hear from you. What are your favorite paradox games? Despite the fact they're pretty much all the exact same

DUN duuuunnnn dudududududun SPLOOSH duuunnnnn

We ate the horse.
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb
Old 18-03-2011, 12:31 AM   #2
BranjoHello
Skilled WormMaster

I like Europa Universalis II the most. I have conquered almost whole world with Iroquois and about half world with Byzantium. Also with Nederlands I won a game through colonising and trade, not an easy task at all.
EU III Divine Wind is also very good. I control 90% of North America and 50% of South America with Iroquois and its year 1700, still 120 years to go.
Before Divine Wind I tried playing with Serbia but it wasn't going well.

I have no interest in Hearts of Iron series. And unfortunately have no time for Victoria or Crusader Kings. One day I'll try EU Rome, I hope its good.

BranjoHello is offline                         Send a private message to BranjoHello
Old 18-03-2011, 09:40 PM   #3
Japo
Autonomous human

I played and liked EU I a lot. I saw EU II but didn't like many new issues. HOI had such a terrible AI that it ruined the experience.