Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-04-2010, 04:43 PM   #11
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthro View Post
What sort of issue?

By this I mean, have you got black borders on each side, or some sort of graphical corruption or stretched image? ...
"Right 2/3rd of screen on left, left 1/3rd of screen on right."

From the original post, I gather that the left 1/3 of the screen is displayed on the right. Pretty weird, never seen that...
Old 24-04-2010, 06:47 PM   #12
Panthro
Man of Science

Sounds like the image has been partially shifted off the left hand side of the screen, and around to the right..?

Not really sure how to sort that.

I wonder if it's possibly to play it in a window?
Panthro is offline                         Send a private message to Panthro
Old 03-06-2010, 11:42 PM   #13
Maxzwell
Default Screen split 2/3, 1/3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panthro View Post
Sounds like the image has been partially shifted off the left hand side of the screen, and around to the right..?

Not really sure how to sort that.

I wonder if it's possibly to play it in a window?
Yes, that is the problem I am having too. I tried it on two PC's and the same result. This started happening back when XP first came out and I upgraded my Win98 and it appears every PC with XP is doing this. I tried running in compatibility modes with Win 95/98/ME/2000 with no success. Tried reducing graphics quality (in properties) to 640 by 480 and every other option available there with the same result of 2/3 RHS on left and 1/3 LHS on right screen split.
I am not sure how to make it run in a window instead of full screen, so that's one thing i did not try.

Any suggestions, anyone? I haven't played this game in years and would really like to know how to run it on XP properly.

Thanks.

Old 04-06-2010, 01:15 AM   #14
Maxzwell

Btw, here's an update. I decided to play it and see what happens and all the screens/mission selections/etc. remain split 2/3 - 1/3 way until the actual gameplay begins. The game screen itself is fine. After beating a mission the score screen is split again and selecting next mission, which is problematic because you cannot see all of the options where you can click for next mission. So there's some video info missing when the screen is split like that.

Unrelated, and dont remember seeing a note anywhere on this, but there are no movies in between missions. I suppose i should go find my old copy of the game at parents' place.

Old 04-06-2010, 06:35 PM   #15
Panthro
Man of Science

The rip I played for the review didn't have the cutscene movies either, but they are on YouTube. Not much help, but at least it gives you a bit of the atmosphere.
Panthro is offline                         Send a private message to Panthro
Old 04-06-2010, 11:49 PM   #16
MrFlibble
Abandonia Homie

Take a look at the Dune 2000 Tech Support Forum at FED2k, I think there are several topics that mention this very issue you have.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:15 AM   #17
Maxzwell
Default Screen split 2/3, 1/3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlibble View Post
Take a look at the Dune 2000 Tech Support Forum at FED2k, I think there are several topics that mention this very issue you have.
Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, as of now the best "fix" they got is the same 1 I found yesterday, which is changing graphics to 8bit mode from game's main menu. Then the missions are fine as long as you don't minimize the game (it gets all screwy again and you gotta save/load the game again to fix it). But there doesn't seem to be a real fix because all other menus and map selection screens are unchanged 2/3 1/3.

Someone spoke of a different solution but no one else confirmed this:
"i swapped from an old tft monitor(only had 3 resolution settings), to a newer model(has 10 res' settings).

After some messing around. i found by changing to 60Hertz and game compatibility mode to 'windows 2000'. it was perfect. no more split screens or unplayable resolutions."

Old 22-07-2010, 06:24 PM   #18
FarSeerPT
Forum hobbit

Well dune 2000 was and maybe still is one of my favourite games of all time.

I always loved it and its a hard game.
To me, this game is more than a worthy remake of dune ll, and the biggest improvement is the fact that you can select more than 1 unit, because thats the only reason that i think that today dune 2 its almost unplayable to me.
Very great games both.

Last edited by FarSeerPT; 24-07-2010 at 10:57 PM.
FarSeerPT is offline                         Send a private message to FarSeerPT
Old 04-07-2011, 03:54 AM   #19
rfxcasey

Having an issue with this under Win 7. When I start the game the graphics flicker in the menu and this continues into the gameplay screens. I've tried all manner of compatibility and graphics settings but nothing helps. I'm running the latest Nvidia driver but it was doing it with the last driver as well. Any help would be great.
rfxcasey is offline                         Send a private message to rfxcasey
Old 04-07-2011, 07:07 AM   #20
hunvagy
Thread Necromancer

Send a message via MSN to hunvagy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfxcasey View Post
Having an issue with this under Win 7. When I start the game the graphics flicker in the menu and this continues into the gameplay screens. I've tried all manner of compatibility and graphics settings but nothing helps. I'm running the latest Nvidia driver but it was doing it with the last driver as well. Any help would be great.
Prolly should be in troubleshooting, but oh well. Dune 2k is 2D if I recall, and older directx, which can cause a few problems in win7. If you think you're savvy enough with command line, there's an easy fix for this, you have to kill explorer while you play. Explorer as in the UI of windows

TASKKILL /F /IM explorer.exe

this will shut it down, but I'd advise to put it in a batch file, restarting explorer after.