Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-05-2007, 03:04 AM   #1
ianfreddie07
wat

What would come out of your mind? All night I was thinking of trying to make a restaurant-business simulation game using Game Maker 7. :blink:

Description: Ever since fast food chains have arrived in the Philippines, some of the people have started to lose interest in your local food. Now you will have to revive the restaurant and blow away the competition.

In a beta release, probably I'll give you these features:

>3 levels of difficulty:
In Easy, you will start with $50,000 or P2,500,000, you will also start with a tutorial on building the restaurant, have an auto-restock so you don't have to keep buying supplies (they're free in easy mode) and more-than-average customer generation.

Normal or Partial-Sim, you will start with $30,000 or P1,500,000, but you have to build the restaurant yourself, you will retain the auto-restock but this time it pays monthly and average customer generation.

Hard or Full-Sim, you start with $20,000 or P1,000,000, build the restaurant yourself, restock yourself, average customer generation and probably a few bits.

>Animated customers, staff

>Probably a selection of 60-80 chairs, tables decor etc.

>4 speeds of gameplay: Paused, Normal, Fast, Really Fast

>Hopefully I can make the interface as clean and accessible as possible

>5 types of customers, 4 types of staff

>Hopefully can run well on slower PCs

In a full release, cleaning up bugs, and all that I would add:

>Mini Games like hands-on cooking etc.

>More objects to choose from

>The ability to open other restaurants in other places

>More types of customers, staff

>VIP visits

>Special events

>Variable restaurant sizes

That's it probably. What video game would you want to make? Whether 2D or 3D, stupid or cool, engaging or arcade style, just tell us.
Old 28-05-2007, 09:45 AM   #2
Japo
Autonomous human

Mine would be teh ultimate strategy game, 2D. Everything should be simulated with no simplifications, from economy to tactics. Nothing about "building" a unit, rather you'd have to give weapons to existing men and so on. It would be too comlpicated to program it.
Old 28-05-2007, 09:51 AM   #3
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

A simple 3D futuristic space/sub/ sim where you could drive all sorts of different spaceships, cars, submarines with totally different technology, and freely roam the planets, the sea and space, enter a time machine and zap yourself to a medieval setting if you so wish, for a totally different game.

Actually, I would like to create something like Flying Saucer, a UFO sim where you can bully cattle as well as the locals. Flying Saucer was never completed, but I would like to create something like that game.
Old 28-05-2007, 01:18 PM   #4
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

I'd probably go for a strange combination of a simulation with strategy, adventure, sport and action built into it.

You'd start by developing your own race. You'd have to get resources, manage them, build cities... You'd also have to build your armies to defend or attack - and once you're in a state of war, different types of rules would apply (and people would react differently).

But for great breakthroughs (either in knowladge or sicene) you'd have to explore something. If it would be for popularization of sports (which would make your population much helthier and battleready) you'd have to play subgames (usually sport games). To keep crime level low or prevent espionage you'd have to go into an action subgame and for discovering new things (like finding ancient artifacts that will enhance people's spirituality and inteligence) you'd go into an adventure game.

So it would be an overall strategy game of developing a civilization and trading a lot, but you'd have to do all sorts of things to improve your civilization (by entering different subgames of various genres).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 28-05-2007, 02:04 PM   #5
Japo
Autonomous human

Ooh subgames rock, even though they're not very fashionable lately.
Old 28-05-2007, 10:01 PM   #6
gufu1992
Inscrutable annoying boss

Send a message via MSN to gufu1992

RTS based on my ideas:

Sides:
Humans using Technology(Evil/faschist - dictatorship)
Humans using magic(Neutral - didn't really wanted to fight, had to...)
Perfection(eval cyborgs who must make evereone perfect... lame! Strogg pretty much.)

Basicly I have a small list of units readynot complete)

Tech. Humans:
Scouts - Boys of age of 13-14 conscripted. Armed with handguns and very light armor... stealth and fast - if seen hovewhere, he is screwed.
Legioner - Men armed with small SMG's carrying shield alike one of police crowd control units. Has somewhat good armor(can save you from bullets) - and is slow(damn armor is heavy - well the lightest they could make.)
Firefighter - Men in huge Starcraft marine type armor with flamethrowers... slow like moolaces(whatever it is) and as armored as a tank
Painkiller - "Medics". enject soldier with highly addicted drugs so you can keep fighting... those screw with you so bad - next time other soldiers would just kill themselfs instead.
Discharge - armor alike legioners. Armed with shock rifle - stops vehhicles and automations on their tracks.
Scout - ATV like vehicle with turret.
Half-Truck - Armed with AA guns and can shoot up to four rockets at the same time(from side launchers).

Magic humans:
Battlemage - guy with energy emitting staff... can melt you inside your own armor...
Lost one - Souls of killed - attacks enemy and explodes
Succuby - a female mage - specializes at mind control(only for biological units)
Golem - Giant automation made of stone/iron/*insert random material here*. Works like a tank. Succeptible to the shock rifle(Electric charges stop flow of thoughts between master and controled one(also a great way to interupt Succuby's attacks.)).
Soul eater - does what he's name tells(almost). turns enemy units bezerk.
Confesor - spawns lost ones over period of time. Can slowly turn enemy infantry units into lost one
Black tower - attacks nearby enemy with some weird energy weapon
White tower - heals troops

Perfection:
Engineer - this bastard sendsa poison gas inside vehicles to kill the crew - then he enters a program to take control of the on-board computer -m capturing the vehicle.
Devil's tongue - Flamethrower tank with human head on it.
Reaper - huge battlerobot with skull on itself(brains are hidden inside the body). Features a machinegun and a rocketlauncher.

I have no ideas about resources/or base building as yet...