Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-05-2007, 06:36 PM   #141

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tonya Taylor @ May 30 2007, 03:25 PM) [snapback]292152[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
8) When I go to the options menu of my DAEMON toolbar, Analog Audio is not a choice. I get a choice between Secure Mode, Automount, InUse Check, Autostart, Tray Icon, and Check for Updates, all of which are checked except InUse Check. I am using version 4.09 if that helps.
[/b]
OK, so after further research it seems they removed the analog audio option in Daemon Tools v4. One needs to download version 3.47 instead (which is available on the same download page, just further down the list).
As far as point#5, horseman was right, using Nero Burning ROM fixed my frame # error (though using this when you are used to the cheap express program is much more complex!)
I also figured out #10 on my own
Alas, I guess I am still doing something wrong, because still no sound! :-(

Old 31-05-2007, 01:05 PM   #142
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
3) when Fiend says "drag all files" isn't track01.iso only the one file (or does he mean the files that show up in the mounted drive which includes Loom.exe, Disk01.lec, and the 5 LFL files?). I am assuming the second, but if this is wrong, it could be why I can't get it to work.[/b]
I think that Fiend means the files in the mounted drive.

Best luck in running this game

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 17-06-2007, 04:11 AM   #143
Loom player

I just thought I'd drop a line to say that I've succeeded in getting the CD version to work with full sound in ScummVM without resorting to even making a single CD image.

This is what I did:

1) Download ScummVM (latest was 0.91 for me now) and install it
2) Download the EGA Loom from Abandonia
3) Download the CD VGA patch and the voice pack from Home of the Underdogs
4) Extract the patch and voice pack to one folder, copy in the EGA version and apply the patch
(NOTE - you don't actually need to have extracted the voice pack to do the patch - if you don't you'll actually just save time)
5) Copy the game files from the "data" folder, as left by the patch (or you could just leave them there even)
6) Copy the mp3 included in the voice pack into the folder where the game files are (you can use the mp3 as-is in the voice-pack, no decoding to wav)
7) rename the mp3 to track1.mp3
8) Run ScummVM and add a new game. Point it at the folder with the game files. Check that it identified it as loom (DOS version).

Now you can play the CD version with full music/speech. The speech and music are mixed together as a CD audio track on the original game and ScummVM is able to use an mp3 directly as the contents of this audio track! Brilliant :brain:

The only thing I will note about the CD version vs. the EGA version is that some dialog has been changed/removed from the CD version. But it looks and sounds so much better I don't think it's a bad tradeoff. Also the text sync with the voice isn't perfect. It's always either too slow or too fast and there's no good middle-ground setting for the text speed, but it's really not serious.

Enjoy!

Old 28-06-2007, 06:39 PM   #144
Demon Warlord
Lurker

Umm...just a question. Is the 30 minute audio prologue available here at Abandonia? I remember that prologue fondly.
Demon Warlord is offline                         Send a private message to Demon Warlord
Old 29-06-2007, 03:02 PM   #145
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I think that's only in the CD version. Not sure if that's the one we have here, but doubtful.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 01-07-2007, 12:07 AM   #146

I downloaded the CD version, can someone help me get to get the sound to work? I really want to play. It's been like 15 years since I played this game! I LOVE IT!

Old 01-07-2007, 12:09 AM   #147
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

It should work best with SCUMM VM the one at the bottom.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 10-07-2007, 02:47 PM   #148

Thanks a lot for the tutorial ! Let's play this game one more time, and with the soundtrack !

I have finished it at least 10 times and I still love it :-D

This is the best game ever...

Old 31-08-2007, 03:04 AM   #149

The manual says that finishing the game at expert will unlock an extra cut-scene,someone has seen it?

Anyway very nice game!

Old 31-08-2007, 07:32 AM   #150
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

Yes I have seen it...
Believe me, it's worth the effort.
No one will spoil the result of it here...