Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-04-2008, 11:45 PM   #31
42david42

Clay Mates FTW
42david42 is offline                         Send a private message to 42david42
Old 19-04-2008, 05:33 PM   #32
RettMikhal

Lufia II: Rise of the Sinistrals is my favorite game of all time. It's a prequel, so you can play it before the first one and then continue the story with the first. I think it works better that way. The first one is kinda quirky and cartoony RPG fare, but the second one just blows it out of the water with an epic storyline, dozens of awesome characters, the best SNES graphics I've ever seen, and massive amounts of cool puzzles that still make me scratch my head (some are impossible to remember exactly how to beat them, and the game is just so huge.)

Get it now, get it now... get it now. Any used game store will have it as long as they stock SNES games.
RettMikhal is offline                         Send a private message to RettMikhal
Old 20-04-2008, 03:12 AM   #33
bobinator1992
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via ICQ to bobinator1992 Send a message via AIM to bobinator1992 Send a message via MSN to bobinator1992 Send a message via Yahoo to bobinator1992 Send a message via Skype™ to bobinator1992

You should be ashamed.

You all forgot the best SNES game ever.

Wild Guns.

It's like Cabal. On steroids. It's set in the Wild West, only there are things like giant robots and tanks in it. It's an incredibly fun game for two players with craploads of things to blow up.
bobinator1992 is offline                         Send a private message to bobinator1992
Old 22-04-2008, 12:36 PM   #34
cacaro

If these haven't been suggested already:

- Breath of Fire I and II, above average jRPGs with decent story, a day/night system which actually affects the world and an interesting town-building system

- Live a Live, weird title aside, it's probably one of the greatest jRPGs to ever grace the SNES. You basically have to live seven-eight lives in different time periods (from Stone Age to future), lots of variety in the gameplay, tons of secrets and sidequests (one of the chapters can be played in at least three different ways) and a good story

- Shin Megami Tensei I and II, I can't recommend these games enough. Wonderful, wonderful RPGs (amateur english translations available).

- Romancing SaGa 3, one of the few really nonlinear RPGs where you choices actually matter. Tons of sidequests, a good skill system, some great side activities (like the one where you get to be the ruler of a city, if I'm not mistaking). Romancing SaGa 2 is even better, too bad it's not translated.

- Mad Max Returns, doubtlessly the most open-ended SNES rpg I've ever played. You can do anything from hunting outlaws to furnishing your own house.

- Terranigma, great storyline, becomes very nonlinear once you get past the mediocre beginning.
cacaro is offline                         Send a private message to cacaro
Old 27-04-2008, 09:19 PM   #35
Runespawn

Send a message via MSN to Runespawn

Crap! Someone's already mentioned Shadowrun! Anyhoo, that's a BIG recommendation. It's my favourite game of all time at the moment, too. Lots of depth, interesting characters and very engaging. A must! Also, give these a try:

Gradius 3
Plok
Earthbound (not cheap on ebay - trust me, I've looked! :nuts
Super Mario RPG: Legend Of The Seven Stars (see above)
Mystic Quest: Legend
Vortex (not a million miles from Starwing; an overlooked little gem)
ISS Deluxe (best soccer game EVER!!!)

And you know all the rest: Super Mario World/All-Stars/Kart, Super Metriod, Zelda: A Link To The Past, yadda yadda......

Clayfighter 64 GOOD?!?!?!?!? What frickin' game were you playing?! :weird:
Runespawn is offline                         Send a private message to Runespawn
Old 28-04-2008, 02:41 AM   #36
bobinator1992
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via ICQ to bobinator1992 Send a message via AIM to bobinator1992 Send a message via MSN to bobinator1992 Send a message via Yahoo to bobinator1992 Send a message via Skype™ to bobinator1992

The first one was for the SNES. It was way better than 64. There's also a tournament edition that's way better, and fixes a really big glitch (Blob's buzzsaw move).

Adventures of Batman and Robin is pretty fun if you liked the show.

Last edited by bobinator1992; 28-04-2008 at 02:43 AM.
bobinator1992 is offline                         Send a private message to bobinator1992
Old 14-03-2017, 05:25 PM   #37
Tseki

I recommend maybe lesser-known SNES game Demon's Crest.