Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-11-2006, 02:45 PM   #41
Puffin
Abandonia Homie

But if you'd use methods similar to that you wouldn't have to close threads.
Or perhaps you enjoy it?
Puffin is offline                         Send a private message to Puffin
Old 21-11-2006, 02:52 PM   #42
The Spider Mastermind
Forum hobbit

Jesus fancy bycicle Christ...

What do you call this thread, Moli?

I call it admins and mods discussing forum problems with posters, in an open manner. It isn't locked.

Tom Henrik made it quite clear why he locked your first one, (it being over the top in it's attack on Danny) and that why he locked it wasn't up for discussion. But here we are, discussing forum problems in an unlocked thread. All because it was phrased more politely from the outset by Romano.

Gee, what a bunch of Facists they are for letting us do that.
The Spider Mastermind is offline                         Send a private message to The Spider Mastermind
Old 21-11-2006, 02:57 PM   #43
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Methods similar to what exactly, Puffin? I told you: different forums, different methods. Not that you haven't figured out already that two different forums also mean two different communities that react differently to the same stimuli.

Contrary to your belief, nobody here enjoys having to lock threads, delete or censor posts or give out warn increases. But there are situations in which this has to be done, so stop complaining.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 21-11-2006, 03:06 PM   #44
Puffin
Abandonia Homie

Why can't it be talked out like seems to work well on other forums?? :blink: I told you, It CAN work. It just takes some work.
Old 21-11-2006, 03:14 PM   #45
Romano
Ye Olde Anarchist

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Nov 21 2006, 03:27 PM) [snapback]268000[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Rainwife said she was leaving. No posts were made from her account until now...
[/b]
That is not true! Only you are not allow to see this posts
Romano is offline                         Send a private message to Romano
Old 21-11-2006, 03:30 PM   #46
Puffin
Abandonia Homie

I completely missed those two posts.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Nov 21 2006, 02:27 PM) [snapback]268000[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Nine reports. Su-ure. PM function was too difficult to use to ask why no action was taken or something?[/b]
The report function is the function to use for reports, right? Then I can report it via the report function if I wish.

Quote:
You say you wanted something done about it. That is why one of your reports said "You evil son of a bitch" as the reason for report, correct? There were also two others - one where you told the mods that they suck and should die, and second where you told them to *meep* themselves.

Not a particularly good idea for grabbing a mods' attention, if that really was your intention. The staff are not particularly interested that your name is George, even if you send it to them through a report form.[/b]
The post I was reporting had similar language to what I used in those reports. I thought maybe that if they thought it was okay to have other people called that without anything being done about it, they wouldn't mind if I'd use the same language on them.

Quote:
Did you report me for asking "Rainwife" about this? Do unto others like you would have them do unto yourself
. [/b]
Fair.

Quote:
Well, still likes, right? I guess you can prove what you're accusing her of? [/b]
The likeliness of that being the case is marginal.

Quote:
Rainwife said she was leaving for good[/url]. No posts were made from her account until now, and that particular post is trolling on the admins. This isn't matching to Rainwife's posting habits and patterns, but completely to those of Seb.
Therefore I wanted to know who was I actually replying to.[/b]
Well, people tend to return after they leave for good. When I'm not at work and actually have time I can dig up several farewell topics of people who have return, including my own.

Quote:
Look at the top of this post. I already did that.
[/b]
Now you have done the same thing danny did. Showing other people's report to people who have nothing to do with it. If nothing will be done about it, it's just another prove of how corrupt this place is. Thank you for showing us that even clearer

@AJ:
Girls around here don't beat up another girls. At least not the girls I hang out with. I don't know what sort of fellowship you're in, though But it's probably not a good one, if you fight all the time.
We try to stay civilisized around here
Old 21-11-2006, 03:45 PM   #47
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Moli @ Nov 21 2006, 03:30 PM) [snapback]268017[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
@AJ:
Girls around here don't beat up another girls. At least not the girls I hang out with. I don't know what sort of fellowship you're in, though But it's probably not a good one, if you fight all the time.
We try to stay civilisized around here
[/b]
Hmm, just to avoid confusion: I don't hang out in fellowships and I haven't played hockey since I was forced to do so sometime in 9th grade. I didn't particularly enjoy the sport, but most of the other girls loved clobbering each other with their hockey sticks. Schoolgirls can be a lot more vicious than you seem to give them credit for... That might be different in Iceland, though.:P
Seriously, though, in the UK at least, hockey is quite common as a girls' sport at schools.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 21-11-2006, 03:47 PM   #48
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Hockey is regarded as a girls' sport here, too - and I hardly think accusing someone of being uncivilised for expressing surprise at a cultural difference is justified, particularly given its complete irrelevance to this (pointless) discussion.

T5H is entirely correct - if you have a problem with a lack of response to a report, then spamming further reports and swearing at moderators is not the way to air that grievance; email or PMs to mods or admins make much more sense.

Quote:
Now you have done the same thing danny did. Showing other people's report to people who have nothing to do with it. If nothing will be done about it, it's just another prove of how corrupt this place is. Thank you for showing us that even clearer[/b]
In all fairness, you and Romano are the ones who repeatedly open public discussions of things which could easily have been dealt with privately with less fuss and without conotributing to this board's atmosphere of argumentativeness and whining.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 21-11-2006, 03:52 PM   #49
Puffin
Abandonia Homie

There's one team for girls in the capital city, and there are about 15 of us. Schools here don't have ice ranks. And the clobbering of sticks is due to the lesbian factor in the hockey

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BeefontheBone @ Nov 21 2006, 03:47 PM) [snapback]268022[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
In all fairness, you and Romano are the ones who repeatedly open public discussions of things which could easily have been dealt with privately with less fuss and without conotributing to this board's atmosphere of argumentativeness and whining.
[/b]
This isn't something that should be swept under the rug, Beef. This is about the forum, and users make forum. Without us, there wouldn't be need for mods or admins.
It makes me wonder if some people have something to hide or if they're ashamed or something, when I'm repetedly asked to deal with this privately....

And I already explained the swearing in teh reports, I was using the same language as seemed to be okay in the post I was reporting. Please read before you post.
Old 21-11-2006, 04:11 PM   #50
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Moli @ Nov 21 2006, 03:52 PM) [snapback]268023[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
There's one team for girls in the capital city, and there are about 15 of us. Schools here don't have ice ranks. And the clobbering of sticks is due to the lesbian factor in the hockey
[/b]
Well, in that case there IS quite a cultural difference, then. As far as I know practically every British school has a girls' hockey team. Except for the all-boys schools, obviously...
By the way, I was talking of field hockey, not ice hockey, so maybe we're not really talking about the same thing. Anyway, I'd say that many types of sports just generally provide a convenient outlet for aggression, whether it's boys playing football or girls playing hockey. But you actually seem quite fond of your image of hockey as a sport for big butch women, so fair enough.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles