Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-03-2005, 01:48 AM   #21
cheesegrater
Game freak

Vegetarians are cowards. Vegan is the way to go.

Factory farms destroy the environment.

Meat is full of fat and hormones.

The grain used to feed all the animals could feed people.

Industrialization makes eating animal products a cruel act.

I am a vegan. Vegans don't eat milk or cheese because the cows are injected with muck, then when they are no longer profitable they are sent to the slaughterhouse and end up in dog food, macdonalds, and other cheap meats.

The main reason I don't eat it is because it's so destructive to the environment. As maddox said the cow sits there and shits all day. Imagine 5000 cows sitting in one place and shitting all day.

Ofcourse you can't be 100% vegan because the meat industry is subsidized by the government. Money has animal pigments in it, electronics also do, and all your household cleaners are tested on animals. They are pumped into animal's stomach, rubbed in their wounds, and sprayed in their eyes. Thats why the house cleaners say "contact a physician if swallowed" because they tested it on animals and they know what it does. Not to mention leather and muck and clothing. *meep* almost everything is made from animals.

*meep*. I hate society and industrialization. I thought technology would free us from the need to torture animals but it only brought more creative ways to do so.

The arguments that you need proteins from animals and calcium is bullshit made up by the dairy and meat industry. Also nobody can digest pasteurized milk. Milk has natural enzymes that help you digest it. When it is pasteurized the enzymes are killed and you could no longer digest it. It is fermented by bacteria in your intestines and you get gas.

http://www.thedoctorwithin.com/index_fr.ht...perception.html

Quote:
Right. Look at our teeth. They're meant for mashing and tearing meat. And we also need veggies, too!
You are mistaken, read the article below.

http://www.vegan-straight-edge.org.uk/taxonomy.htm
Old 07-03-2005, 02:43 AM   #22
einherjar

Looks like you haven't visited the links I posted, cheesegrater.

Old 07-03-2005, 03:16 AM   #23
Bernie
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via MSN to Bernie

LOL, if my people had all been vegetarians, we would have starved to death before the globalisation started. Since the greatest veggie to grow here is grass, seconed by potatoes, and fruit is a no go! :P

But luckily we got such nice creatures as, sheep that can digest grass (and we can digest them) and fish in the sea, and (Paul Whatson forbid) whales that we can pull ashore. So we didn't starve.

Point being, it is a part of human nature and survival to eat meat.
Old 07-03-2005, 04:18 AM   #24
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

I have nothing against vegetarianism, but veganism is just plain rediculous.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 07-03-2005, 04:46 AM   #25
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

Cheesgrater, if you were visiting a farm, and the farmer had just milked his cow, would you drink it?

If you were on the same farm, and one of the farmer's cows was attacked by a wolf and it was dying, would it be wrong for the farmer to shoot the cow and then eat it?
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 07-03-2005, 05:19 AM   #26
FlightorFight

Quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrater@Mar 6 2005, 05:48 PM
The arguments that you need proteins from animals and calcium is bullshit made up by the dairy and meat industry.
Quote:
Right. Look at our teeth. They're meant for mashing and tearing meat. And we also need veggies, too!
You are mistaken, read the article below.

http://www.vegan-straight-edge.org.uk/taxonomy.htm
People get calcium deficiency. Osteoperosis anyone? :whistle:
And human beings need proteins too. The only way to get the complete proteins we need are from animals. It's true, you can get proteins from other things like soy and what have you. However, those complete proteins are in animal meats. I know a few people (all of them vegan) who were hospitalized. One girl told me that she had something low in her blood, she wasn't getting enough protein and the nurses made her eat meat.

As far as your link concerning Herbivore vs. Carnivore and their jaw/tooth makeup, did you look at the site? Or have you looked in your mouth lately? We have molars in the back for mashing meat (and vegetables too, because we need them, hence a balanced diet) as well as incisors. They're pointy to rip animal flesh. Meat is in the food pyramid as part of the foods we need to eat. Did the meat and milk industry make that one up too? Our biological makeup supports eating meat, our teeth, and the nutrients and proteins that we do need. Science supports it.
FlightorFight is offline                         Send a private message to FlightorFight
Old 07-03-2005, 05:48 AM   #27
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

I think some Vegetarian groups need to tone it down quite a bit on some of their attack ads that they just love to use against meat eaters, especially groups like PETA which go way too far, I understand the message that they are trying to get out, but come on some just go way too far.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 07-03-2005, 01:14 PM   #28
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by cheesegrater@Mar 7 2005, 03:48 AM
Vegetarians are cowards. Vegan is the way to go...
I won't even go into a real debate here.
The reasons you are giving are (mildy put) far fetched. You are saying, you're a vegan, because your rebeling against the modern society and your government???
Oh well... If you say so :whistle:
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 07-03-2005, 02:58 PM   #29
Stebbi
Game Wizzard

Well if you take meat away from me ill eat you!!!!
and some of them say ohh we kill live things... well plants and veggieare all alive to its just easier to catch
I will never give up meat never ever ever!!
when i think about meat i get water in my mouth!! i dont hate vegetarians but come on stop trying to make me become vegetarian!!
And that movie SUPER SIZE ME is total crap..... his girlfriend is vegan and he ate the same thing she eats for about 2 years or so then he starts suddenly to eat meat.. ofcourse his body isnt use to this kind a food and he gets really sick
Stebbi is offline                         Send a private message to Stebbi
Old 07-03-2005, 03:03 PM   #30
Ashlander

Yeah, well.....

I don´t care what others eat.

EDIT: .....i just eat what i want :Titan:

Ashy....
Ashlander is offline                         Send a private message to Ashlander