Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-07-2012, 01:34 PM   #11
Tracker
Home Sweet Abandonia

@Hunvagy: Sonny? You mean Tommi Vercetti, don't you? Yeah, the Max Payne 2 -> Max Payne 3 leap is similar to the GTA 3 -> GTA: Vice City leap, except everyone was awaiting it in curious joy, not in paranoid fear that it's going to be crap.

Big difference here.

It seems no review can help me here, because I either burn my cash or not. The reason I want to buy it is that I enjoyed the first two episodes. And that doesn't help either because in TC's book that's acceptible, but not in RRS's. I can understand both sides (well, I'm more with RRS on this one), but also I've been looking forward to a night of twisted metaphors, painkillers and guns. Will I get those in Max Payne 3?

Reverend Preacherbot: Wretched sinner unit! The path to Robot Heaven lies here, in the Good Book 3.0.
Bender: Hey. Do I preach at you when you're lying stoned in the gutter? No!
Tracker is offline                         Send a private message to Tracker
Old 20-07-2012, 01:39 PM   #12
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

GTA III is still my favourite.
Old 20-07-2012, 04:52 PM   #13
RRS
(Gaming) History Buff

I didn't say MaxP3 is a bad game, it just doesn't evoke my Max Payne memories with its current style. And this I can assess before I even played it.
Just as in other thread I didn't say Fallout 3 is a bad game. It's simply way too different from what I (and many disappointed fans) wanted Fallout3 game to be.
RRS is offline                         Send a private message to RRS
Old 23-07-2012, 08:49 PM   #14
Panthro
Man of Science

I'm quite keen to pick it up (really love Max Payne 1, haven't played the second one yet). From what I've watched (a friend of mine has it), it looks like they've got most of it right, but I'd have to see/play more to be sure.

Of course it's also riddled with DRM isn't it? Some sort of limited activations thing, and also the rockstar social club?
Panthro is offline                         Send a private message to Panthro
Old 29-07-2012, 08:47 AM   #15
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

I don't know if it is using securom with the limited activations, Rockstar normally doesn't do that (at least not on the games I have from them). The Rockstar Social Club thing would be optional as well of done the same as GTA4, you wont be able to get online without an account but you can enjoy the SP all the same without one. I am only judging this on the GTA 4/Episodes From Liberty City games I have, GTA SA didn't have any DRM that I remember either but that game is a bit out of date for current trends in DRM ideas.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86