Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-07-2006, 03:44 PM   #11
guesst
Abandonia Homie

This is the full version. To play ep2 you just type ptomb2.exe. Ep3 is ptomb3.exe. Ep4 is ptomb4.exe.

And let me tell you, I beat ep2, but the levels in ep3 and 4 are diabolically difficult (read "suck"). I gave up half way through ep3, tried a few levels of ep 4 and decided it wasn't worth it. Unless someone shows me a screenshot of some boss at the end of the game that I'm missing out on or some gameplay dynamic that they haven't revealed yet I'm done with this game.
guesst is offline                         Send a private message to guesst
Old 28-07-2006, 04:59 PM   #12
kralamut

Are any of you fans of Kevin Smiths movies??
Have any one seen Clerks the animated series from 2000?? In there Randal Graves talks about a game very similar to this game in name and gameplay??
Is it the same Game?

Old 12-09-2006, 11:40 PM   #13
Magicsofa

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(guesst @ Jul 27 2006, 02:44 PM) [snapback]245481[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
This is the full version. To play ep2 you just type ptomb2.exe. Ep3 is ptomb3.exe. Ep4 is ptomb4.exe.

And let me tell you, I beat ep2, but the levels in ep3 and 4 are diabolically difficult (read "suck"). I gave up half way through ep3, tried a few levels of ep 4 and decided it wasn't worth it. Unless someone shows me a screenshot of some boss at the end of the game that I'm missing out on or some gameplay dynamic that they haven't revealed yet I'm done with this game.
[/b]

That's very interesting, because I found the second episode the hardest. The third was quite a bit easier and the fourth was a walk in the park.

Old 03-10-2007, 11:55 PM   #14
Guest_wally_*

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Jul 13 2006, 02:10 PM) [snapback]243113[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
yeeaaah! I've been looking for this all my life! Me and my sister used to play it when we were really young, but we called it 'ptomb', after the file name, I never knew the name and didn't know where to look. Thank you!
[/b]

Old 07-08-2008, 11:07 AM   #15
Akira
Forum hobbit

Question

This looks exactly like the Monuments of Mars games, but I don't see those an here... Does anyone know where to find them? [My sister and I used to play that one a lot :amused: (looks like I'm keeping in theme with the sister thing :laugh
Akira is offline                         Send a private message to Akira
Old 07-08-2008, 11:16 AM   #16
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Monuments of Mars has been discontinued by Apogee.
I believe the shareware version is floating somewhere around, and perhaps could get the full one too.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 07-08-2008, 01:40 PM   #17
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akira View Post
This looks exactly like the Monuments of Mars games, but I don't see those an here... Does anyone know where to find them?
HotU has it.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 22-08-2008, 03:51 AM   #18
Akira
Forum hobbit

Question

Awesome, thanks! :laugh:

My sister says that she remembers this game (or a game very similar to it), but the colors were different: cyan, magenta, white and black. Is there a different version of this game with those colors? She says she remembers you bing a man in a hat--looking exactly like your character in Pharaoh's Tomb. She also remembers rolling boulders and some sections where the ground is ice and you slide on it. The screen layout (with the stats at the bottom of the screen) and the sound effects are exactly like she remembers, but she's positive about the different colors. I only remember it vaguely, but I do recognize the masked enemies (the heads with legs) from the screenshots.

Anyone have any ideas? Maybe a similar game? I'll post/edit this post if my sister or I remember anything else.

Last edited by Akira; 22-08-2008 at 04:01 AM.
Old 22-08-2008, 06:30 AM   #19
dosraider
Dismembered.

The difference in 'colors' can come from the monitor or old graphics card that you had then.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...d_RGB_palettes

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 22-08-2008, 06:36 AM   #20
Akira
Forum hobbit

Question

But our Monuments of Mars game (made with the same platform and graphics) has the same colors as this version, with the red, green, black, and orange... What would make Pharaoh's Tomb different?