Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-12-2010, 06:33 PM   #31
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 View Post
Now see the first playthrough by yourself you do end up overpowered...and there is a reason for that, the game is meant to be played with friends. Every player who joins your game makes the game harder, and the game even tells you that. The bosses the mooks all get harder, and the ammo stays the same. So while you might have way to much now, when 4 people are picking over it after a big boss fight the game is a lot harder. Plus the first playthrough is rather easy, the second third fourth and fifth all get harder...and hey you stop leveling at 50 (or 60 I think with the DLC) you almost reach that level in the first playthrough. I have played the game on the "third" playthrough and got my but handed to me over and over.

The mistake here is pretty simple Borderlands is not a single player game, it can be played as such but is meant to be played MP. The game has it's faults don't get me wrong, but the fun that can be had with friends far outweighs them.
i don't know what are you talking about man, it was 4 of us playing the game (every class) and it was still a walk in a boring garden of eden for wussies. every quest->trivial, every boss->down in a few seconds. it got really boring eventually and we just stopped playing it. and played some icewind dale instead

i never played the game alone actually, but i imagine it must be even more terrible
Old 17-12-2010, 03:12 PM   #32
Burger Meister
Om Teh Nom Noms

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
i don't know what are you talking about man, it was 4 of us playing the game (every class) and it was still a walk in a boring garden of eden for wussies. every quest->trivial, every boss->down in a few seconds. it got really boring eventually and we just stopped playing it. and played some icewind dale instead

i never played the game alone actually, but i imagine it must be even more terrible
Haven't played borderlands since release, but yeah I found it really easy. We all took different classes and never died fighting anything. Plus the beserker was BS Overpowered at the time (still probably is)
Burger Meister is offline                         Send a private message to Burger Meister
Old 17-12-2010, 03:32 PM   #33
Kugerfang
_r.u.s.s. changed it :'(

Damn it, this thread makes me feel weird for having fun with Borderlands.

-Terry Pratchett
Kugerfang is offline                         Send a private message to Kugerfang
Old 17-12-2010, 03:56 PM   #34
dosraider
Dismembered.

Why ...? Each his own, as usual.
There will be more games I don't like and that you will like.
And not only games, diversity, it would be a boring world if we would be all the same, a 'brave new world', and unbelievable boring.....

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 17-12-2010, 03:58 PM   #35
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

i think a person can have fun with borderlands if he sucks at first person shooters and doesn't do every quest- there still would be some challenge left for him
Old 17-12-2010, 06:29 PM   #36
Kugerfang
_r.u.s.s. changed it :'(

Quote:
i think a person can have fun with borderlands if he sucks at first person shooters and doesn't do every quest- there still would be some challenge left for him

-Terry Pratchett
Kugerfang is offline                         Send a private message to Kugerfang
Old 17-12-2010, 11:14 PM   #37
dosraider
Dismembered.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kugerfang View Post

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 12-02-2011, 06:52 PM   #38
Japo
Autonomous human

Default bump

Old 13-02-2011, 08:06 AM   #39
Tracker
Home Sweet Abandonia

Oh, where's the QWERTY? Where's the point? Duh... I'll just stay with oldies. I've tried Wii, and it was really disappointing. Xbox and PS3 are nearly equal, but they just don't worth that s..tloads of money to me, 'cause I don't have the time to play with them. PC 4 teh win - too bad it's ruled by WoW, CoD, and other 3-letter-named games... Plus mine is quite old now... so I'll just stay with oldies. I have reviews to be written as-well...

Reverend Preacherbot: Wretched sinner unit! The path to Robot Heaven lies here, in the Good Book 3.0.
Bender: Hey. Do I preach at you when you're lying stoned in the gutter? No!
Tracker is offline                         Send a private message to Tracker