Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-02-2012, 02:59 AM   #21
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

We do have the CD version, it is in our ISO Cellar that only members can see on our forums. The reason it isn't on the main site is size, ISO images are large and we can only host games up to a certain size. We have recently had that increased and might be able to host some more ISOs on site but for now if you would like to play the cd version of the game you will need to sign up for the site, it is free and is just like signing up for any forum once you are you will be able to see the ISO Cellar and from there find the games ISO.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 17-02-2012, 02:31 PM   #22
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

This one's only 102 MB. Perhaps we could replace the archive with it (if it can be gotten to work without being more hassle for the end users than the current archive is).

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 17-02-2012, 05:10 PM   #23
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

There are some differences between the CD and floppy version of the game. I would think we should have the ISO up as an extra perhaps instead of the main game...or the other way around. Either way a link to how to mount ISOs tutorial should be there as well.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 29-02-2012, 05:18 AM   #24
JackOLantern

Default Ravenloft ISO Extra Would be Great

Alright, I registered for the site - found the ISO cellar as well. It would be very kewl to get the ISO up on the main site, as I find navigating 3rd party sites like 4shared to be a relative pain, and AVG wags its fingers. Plus, freemium sites are a hassle for abandonware, as the size of the files is negligible for Strahd's Possession.

~Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 View Post
There are some differences between the CD and floppy version of the game. I would think we should have the ISO up as an extra perhaps instead of the main game...or the other way around. Either way a link to how to mount ISOs tutorial should be there as well.
JackOLantern is offline                         Send a private message to JackOLantern
Old 29-02-2012, 06:00 AM   #25
JackOLantern

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 View Post
By the by,

A walkthrough for noobs like myself on R00/RAR conversion to ISO (hopefully using open-source) would be useful as well, as I am a bit outmatched by the files found in the Strahd repository.

~Jack
JackOLantern is offline                         Send a private message to JackOLantern
Old 29-02-2012, 06:40 AM   #26
dosraider
Dismembered.

*.rar and all the *.r00 files are part of the same archive, you will need
http://www.7-zip.org/
And yes, it's freeware.
Put all files in the same (temp) folder and hit the *.rar file.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 29-02-2012, 09:25 AM   #27
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackOLantern View Post
A walkthrough for noobs like myself on R00/RAR conversion to ISO (hopefully using open-source) would be useful as well, as I am a bit outmatched by the files found in the Strahd repository.
There is no "conversion". The RAR contains the ISO inside it, R00 (and any further Rxx) files are simply subsequent parts of the archive. You can use WinRar or 7-Zip to decompress it.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 01-03-2012, 02:37 AM   #28
JackOLantern

Then I must be doing something wrong, as 7-zip informed me on the first go that there was an error - CRC did not compute, or some such. I cannot imagine why a checksum error would have occurred, so I could use some advice.

EDIT: Repeated process after making sure that all files were present. Received this error: CRC failed in 'RLOFT_V1_1.img.ecm' File is broken.

caveat: although I think I did it the first time, I believe I did not include a system information file this time. Should that be included?

EDIT 2: tested the rar-open with all files present in a folder except for cluebook and manual. Used both 7-zip and Peazip; encountered the same error.

EDIT 3: Ok, it works. I obviously was not thinking it through, as a failed CRC on a file should have prompted me to check for a corrupted download. Used 7-zip to complete download.

~Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
There is no "conversion". The RAR contains the ISO inside it, R00 (and any further Rxx) files are simply subsequent parts of the archive. You can use WinRar or 7-Zip to decompress it.

Last edited by JackOLantern; 01-03-2012 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Fixing lack of error inclusion & grammar errors & new test -test works
Old 01-03-2012, 10:45 AM   #29
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Did you try it with WinRAR, as recommended by The Fifth Horseman in the post above you? I don't encounter any such problems with WinRAR, the files in the archive are good and can be decompressed without any errors.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 01-03-2012, 11:36 AM   #30
hunvagy
Thread Necromancer

Send a message via MSN to hunvagy

4shared. Download might have been corrupted. Should indeed check with Winrar, that atleast tells which volume is broken, so you can download that again.