Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-06-2006, 02:45 PM   #11
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SailorCallie @ Jun 29 2006, 12:40 PM) [snapback]240471[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Out of curiosity, can you transfer data from Ultima IV to Ultima V?
[/b]
Afraid not. There's no possibility to do that between any of the Ultima games.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 29-06-2006, 05:48 PM   #12
Entrante

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Borodin @ Jun 29 2006, 04:45 PM) [snapback]240512[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SailorCallie @ Jun 29 2006, 12:40 PM) [snapback]240471[/snapback]
Quote:
Out of curiosity, can you transfer data from Ultima IV to Ultima V?
[/b]
Afraid not. There's no possibility to do that between any of the Ultima games.
[/b][/quote]

Except Ultima IV, V and VI. Or at least I finished the fifth with the character from the fourth, and the sixth with the character of the fifth in the PC versión. You have to put the save data archive on the game folder and use the "Transfer data" option.
Entrante is offline                         Send a private message to Entrante
Old 29-06-2006, 06:58 PM   #13

You can transfer characters from Ultima IV to V using the transfer character patch at http://aiera.timeimmortal.net/ultima5.php

Old 30-06-2006, 04:35 PM   #14
Entrante

The hard way probably haves its merits, but if you play the PC version, as I said, you can just copy the party.sav from Ultima IV to Ultima V, run the game and in the menu choose the third option "Transfer from Ultima IV". In the sixth it is also the third one, but it asks you to put it in another folder.
Entrante is offline                         Send a private message to Entrante
Old 16-07-2006, 09:14 PM   #15
Ranman

Hello everyone...

I am creating a remake of Ultima V for the TI-89 and TI-92+ calculators. It is about 80% complete. You can find more information at TI Freakware.

I hope a new generation of folks will get to enjoy this game as much as I did on my old Commodore SX-64.

Ranman

Old 28-08-2006, 02:45 PM   #16

Im having a problem with this game. For some reason the number keys dont work. Well the number 5 works but the rest of them dont. Any one ever have this problem, or know how to fix it?

Old 21-09-2006, 06:09 PM   #17
Wynter

There's a MMO version of what basically looks like this! World is completely different though. Lot of fun, and free.

http://swut.net/euo/

Old 27-10-2006, 10:03 PM   #18

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 28 2006, 02:45 PM) [snapback]251475[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Im having a problem with this game. For some reason the number keys dont work. Well the number 5 works but the rest of them dont. Any one ever have this problem, or know how to fix it?
[/b]
Turn NumLock off. If that doesn't work, turn it off before starting the game.

Old 07-11-2006, 12:18 AM   #19
realworksuks

hey, i've been wanting to get into the ultima series a lot lately. I downloaded Ultima 4 and was playing it today, but I don't think I can finish it, I'd need the game manual I think. I was reading through a guide and it said I have to pray at shrines, say certain things to people, help people, I have no clue how to do any of that stuff. I'd like to play and beat Ultima 4, but I would need a very throughall walkthrough I think, it's too damn hard. So I was thinking of skipping it and starting with Ultima 5 as my first game, do you think it's worth buying dungeon seige and starting with the fifth version using lazarus? Or do you think I should try to do the fourth version still? Anyone know any really good walkthroughs that explain everything on Ultima 4?
Thanks in advance.
realworksuks is offline                         Send a private message to realworksuks
Old 07-11-2006, 03:59 AM   #20
mirrorshades
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(realworksuks @ Nov 6 2006, 08:18 PM) [snapback]265601[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
do you think it's worth buying dungeon seige and starting with the fifth version using lazarus? Or do you think I should try to do the fourth version still? Anyone know any really good walkthroughs that explain everything on Ultima 4?[/b]
I would suggest playing the original Ultima 5 game, if you can get it (though I haven't played the Lazarus remake).

Ultima 4 has a very different plot and playing style than many other RPGs... Ultima 5 is more of your typical "kill monsters, solve puzzles, and save the king" plot, but the gameplay in both is very similar. The games have been out forever, a quick web search yields a number of walkthroughs.

The top down, tile based style can't really compete with today's 3D games... but it's still pretty easy to get caught up in the story. U4 and U5 have some of the best plot lines for all time. U5 is about my favorite game ever, in fact. (Certainly the one I've spent the most hours on.)
mirrorshades is offline                         Send a private message to mirrorshades