Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Your Reviews
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-07-2007, 08:55 PM   #21
Iowa
Game Wizzard

Yeah, I know what you mean and I didn't say that directed at you. I've played a bit of CSS in my time and while I found it very fun (addictive, challenging, and C4...how can you not find that fun?), I've seen [and heard] some very unpleasant people.

So my point is, if you give people a microphone in online games, they will screw up the experience for other people by insulting their mothers forty times in one minute.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:18 PM   #22
droma
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Iowa @ Jul 6 2007, 02:55 PM) [snapback]298223[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
So my point is, if you give people a microphone in online games, they will screw up the experience for other people by insulting their mothers forty times in one minute.
[/b]
This sir, is fact. k:
droma is offline                         Send a private message to droma
Old 07-07-2007, 11:32 PM   #23
Burger Meister
Om Teh Nom Noms

That's why you have to play with battlefield 2 or GRAW with microphones because you end up playing with more mature people because those games are harder. I love it!
Burger Meister is offline                         Send a private message to Burger Meister
Old 08-07-2007, 03:03 AM   #24
droma
Forum hobbit

BF2 and GRAW are okay, voice isnt an issue if you play on a good server in css though.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:40 AM   #25
Iowa
Game Wizzard

I haven't played Battlefield 2 yet, but I got to play GRAW once and I actually found it really fun! Does online play match up to the single-player experience?
Old 11-07-2007, 09:19 AM   #26
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

i only played halo 1 (2 was not made for PC). but i founf it annoying the console type of game play in Halo 1. what i mean is you cant' progress untill you kill all enemies. and this is done by either some team stops you and wants you to "defend them" or some doors are locked until you kill them all and this robot comes out to open them...

what i like to do sometimes is just run past the enemies. especially i liked doing this in Doom 1&2 where they would start shooting between themselves as a result.

online games mostly suck. partially because of cheaters and some peopel who think is funny to stand on the doors blocking everyone else. and also i miss the mute person button in some games.most of all they are no fun unless you are in some clan doing clan wars or if you have some option of coop gameplay. in shooters people are way too disorganised. no one is leader. and most are snipers because for some reason sniper rifle bullets are much stronger.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 11-07-2007, 09:32 PM   #27
Iowa
Game Wizzard

Quote:
online games mostly suck. partially because of cheaters and some peopel who think is funny to stand on the doors blocking everyone else. and also i miss the mute person button in some games.most of all they are no fun unless you are in some clan doing clan wars or if you have some option of coop gameplay. in shooters people are way too disorganised. no one is leader. and most are snipers because for some reason sniper rifle bullets are much stronger.[/b]
Couldn't have said it better myself!
Old 12-07-2007, 07:12 AM   #28
droma
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gregor @ Jul 11 2007, 03:19 AM) [snapback]298878[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

online games mostly suck. partially because of cheaters and some peopel who think is funny to stand on the doors blocking everyone else. and also i miss the mute person button in some games.most of all they are no fun unless you are in some clan doing clan wars or if you have some option of coop gameplay. in shooters people are way too disorganised. no one is leader. and most are snipers because for some reason sniper rifle bullets are much stronger.
[/b]
This is true but can usually be circumvented by finding a good server with professional players who boot/kick/ban tards who do this. Also many servers (in css) restrict the use of sniper rifles, or ban them outright. Still, all in all your statement is depressingly accurate.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:19 AM   #29
Geckotide

Ughh - thank you! I honestly can't see what's so great about this game. It's alright to play just for kicks but I'd much rather play something like Medal Of Honour or Gears Of War, at least they have some story.
Geckotide is offline                         Send a private message to Geckotide
Old 06-08-2007, 07:46 PM   #30
Iowa
Game Wizzard

Hey, that's another point I didn't get around to: Halo 2 has the plot-line of an incomprehensible ten-minute-long Japanese anime. Not to mention it really doesn't seem to go anywhere and after you beat the game you're left with a cliffhanger...