Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-08-2005, 12:09 AM   #51
simsreignsupremeSRS

I love this game. It's one of the best Maxis sims, in my opinion.

One thing I don't understand is why people say it has a steep learning curve. The game isn't a hard program to figure out how to play. As for the science aspect of it, the majority of it you learn in sixth grade science class. Everything you do in the game is quite logical - you increase solar input, your planet gets hotter, you increase the cloud albedo, it gets colder.

But anyway, great game!

Old 05-12-2005, 05:13 PM   #52
Craig

I used to love this game- I have the CD-ROM, but it works on ME and not XP. The best parts are creating robots (use nuclear test on a nanotech age city), having a planetary exodus (use monolith on a nanotech age city) and destroying the entire planet (kill all life with natural disasters and wait until timescale reaches 5 billion- you get a message saying that your planet's sun has exploded). Also, for some reason the game always crashed when robots became intelligent, and I noticed that carnivorous plants appear as animals- has anyone got them to hang around enough to become intelligent?

Old 15-12-2005, 07:46 PM   #53
Guest_Mike

yeah I loved this game too, had it on old Macintosh SE. It may not be a game-game it's more of an exploratory game or experimental thing. The best part was playing mad scientist and just watching reactions to what you did and how things evolved. I really want to play this. Is it possible to play this on Windows XP? I think I had an SNES Rom for this but it didn't work properly and that would suck anyway because you can't use the mouse. If I bought it on ebay for "Windows" would it work?

If you can't get the thing anywhere, they should make it free. I loved when Maxis put SimCity Classic up on their website to use for free.

Old 26-01-2006, 03:57 AM   #54

I know this isn't a repy. but how do you download it when it has gt esa protection on it? someone please tell me :ranting:

Old 26-01-2006, 08:43 AM   #55
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

You can't. It means game is ESA protected. It means it's not alowed to distribute it for free.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 15-03-2006, 07:20 PM   #56
zim

most excellent abandonware game.

problems running. try running with compatability mode. try 256 and 16 color for desktop too. also try disabling sound.

You can also just make a dos boot floppy (link removed) and run it as it was originally supposed to run. Its almost too fast playing like this tho.

Almost every single species can be made intelligent and exodus. my record is 22 exodues from one planet before the sun exploded...

So when the venus flytraps come and enslave earth... sorry... my fault... :bye:

Old 15-03-2006, 08:30 PM   #57
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by zim@Mar 15 2006, 10:20 PM
most excellent abandonware game.
I'm sorry, but it's not abandoned. It's ESA protected, so:

Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 13-08-2006, 10:29 PM   #58

Ok, I need a bit of help here. I got the windows version. It runs great in XP pro only prob is when I click on stuff in the main map and it opens the little window with info on it about stuff like the sea and land, it doesnt display the text. Plz oh plz help me with this. :monkey_dance:

Old 15-08-2006, 02:18 AM   #59

Im running DOSBox on Linux (Fedora core 5), and when I try to run SimEarth, it only says "You're not running windows". I'm guessing that it's checking for some windows DLLs, but I'm not sure. also, only a few files do anything at all, and all the others have _ where the first letter(s?) of their names shoud be. (eg. simearth.exe becomes _mearth.exe). please help! I've only played the SNES version of this game on an SNES emulator, but I loved it!

Just by the way, I'm having the same problem with all of the other sim-whatever games, too.

Old 15-08-2006, 07:11 PM   #60
Cockroach
Abandonia nerd

If it's checking for Windows, you probably don't have the DOS version. Try in Wine maybe?
Cockroach is offline                         Send a private message to Cockroach