Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-11-2005, 01:12 PM   #11
RedHeadSebbe
Super Freak

Send a message via Skype™ to RedHeadSebbe

To advertise :blink: What else??
RedHeadSebbe is offline                         Send a private message to RedHeadSebbe
Old 23-11-2005, 02:18 PM   #12
Orichifunk

Now, now. I'm sure all the fat kids loving playing this and fantasizing about going to McDonalds to grab a burger or two, or three, or four ..

All joking aside, anyone remember the McDonalds game on MegaDrive? I remember I thought that game was fun back in the days.
Orichifunk is offline                         Send a private message to Orichifunk
Old 23-11-2005, 02:57 PM   #13
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by punch999@Nov 23 2005, 04:06 PM
This game is sickening I mean why make a game that is blatently just advertising!
Oh, let's not make advertising games or programes...

Let's simply remove all of the above...

7Up advetrisment, Chupa Chups advertisments (yup, there's two of those), Ford propaganda and so on.

I bet if it wasn't McDonalds (something people got used to critisizing) you wouldn't make such a coment.

BTW - is Titan a part of this game? He's on Roland's paylist
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 23-11-2005, 03:14 PM   #14
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

This game actually looks quite good. It does look childish, and a blatant advertisement, yes. However it's colorful, effectively fun, and intresting. Imagine a little kid, he finally gets to experience the world of one of his more known symbols of the childhood life.

I mean seriously, if Burger King suddenly popped out with a FPS where you play as their big..plastic..king guy.

I'd buy it in an instant!!!
MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka
Old 23-11-2005, 05:45 PM   #15

I liked the NES version of this game; but I don't like this version.
The music isn't as good in this version as it was in the original, and the physics engine feels all wrong...and WTF is up with Birdie in that last screenshot?

Old 23-11-2005, 11:09 PM   #16
DeathSpark

Why making a video game from a internationally recognized company? Makes me mad when some company wastes time on self promoting themselves, being known by everybody, on a artistical way of communication.
DeathSpark is offline                         Send a private message to DeathSpark
Old 23-11-2005, 11:49 PM   #17
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Didn't they also sponsor Heart of Darkness (or whatever it was called) - I remember playing a version of it in hospital where the McDonalds logo was shown on start-up.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 23-11-2005, 11:50 PM   #18
Tiny

This is a neat little update. I swear I had the exact game for the NES back in the day. Although it was called "Mc Kids", which I always thought was pronounced "Em See" or however you would describe it. Anyways, I think Im going to head of and download this right now.
Tiny is offline                         Send a private message to Tiny
Old 24-11-2005, 11:29 PM   #19
Glal

Quote:
Originally posted by PrejudiceSucks@Nov 24 2005, 12:49 AM
Didn't they also sponsor Heart of Darkness (or whatever it was called) - I remember playing a version of it in hospital where the McDonalds logo was shown on start-up.
Mine certainly doesn't... though I've not played the PSX version yet.

“We must endeavor to persevere.”
Glal is offline                         Send a private message to Glal
Old 27-11-2005, 04:00 PM   #20
FirstChild

I remember playing this game on the C64. There, it was an okay game. Here it is senseless. I don't know which version was the first but probably the PC version is the last to have come out, as it seems like an import with added storyline and tuned-up graphics. However the game engine itself is very bad, it looks like no one really playtested it. I remember the C64 version had a moderate speed so you could time your jumps and everything, but here the physics are senselessly bad. It's very frustrating.

Otherwise though this isn't a bad game because of McDonald's, this would be a bad game in itself. It depends on what you do with a game that is sponsored, not who the sponsor is -- see the aforementioned great examples such as Cool Spot.
FirstChild is offline                         Send a private message to FirstChild