Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-08-2005, 03:21 PM   #81
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Gamefreak@Aug 9 2005, 08:42 PM
If you mean in Civilization II, no. You can be them through the cheat menu, though. Not that it makes the game any interesting...
And which during an actual LAN game, you cannot cheat. Not even through various loop holes that I have found with hotseat.

You cannot die as the barbarians. You start off with the ability to produce better units, and the ability to produce even better units as the game progresses. The only problem is you can only produce 26 or so units out of one city (or all of your cities, so have one) thats attached to some landmass...Loophole? Use the boats that you find to attack from an island.
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 21-08-2005, 07:53 PM   #82

hmm.. what about the dipllomacy AI of the game? and c ould someone suggest me some good diplomacy games?

Old 24-08-2005, 02:38 AM   #83
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

Diplomacy? All games of conquest have a form of diplomacy. Some just have one that is less... flexible than others

Call to Powers I and II are good, most Sid Meier Civ style games are good for diplomacy too.
blastradius14 is offline                         Send a private message to blastradius14
Old 31-08-2005, 10:53 AM   #84

Hi, Total Noob to Civ 2 Multiplayer and, indeed, this forum, so subsequently probably posting in the completely wrong place; Just having issues starting an Internet Multiplayer game. Am operating behind a firewall BUT to the best of my knowledge have sidestepped the surrounding problems in this regard - Nevertheless every time my opponent attempts to connect to my hosting or vice versa, Failiure occurs within 30 seconds. YArF!
Help?
Jay Pee

Old 03-09-2005, 02:10 AM   #85
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

Just LAN? or across the internet?

If you were behind a firewall and trying to challege someone over the net, the firewall may prohibit you from playing a game.

If it's lan, try both IPX and TCPIP. Make sure you have the network protocal installed that you are trying to use or it will fail.
Old 13-09-2005, 04:44 PM   #86
blastradius14
Abandonia Homie

If you have 2 units on a square, the enemy cannot bribe/sabotage it.

The best non-war government for supporting a military out side of cities is republic.
The best government for pure science is Democracy.
The best war goverment is Fundamentalism.
The best combo (war/science) government for large empires is Communism.
Old 25-10-2005, 08:53 AM   #87
Guest_Djurre

I've been trying to get a scenario running on this version.

i took it from civfanatics.com.

it seems however it requires the fantastic worlds version, or the msg version. (the what ?, indeed). appearently this version does not support the scenario's, because carthage had a garrison of carries and a howitzer. annyone knows how to deal with this ?
if i install the patches fro civfanatics.com it asks me for the cd.

Old 25-10-2005, 11:38 AM   #88
laiocfar
NOD Commander

All the scenarios from civfanatics.com say what do u need for run it, anyway not all scenarios works as the denveloper wants or directly doesnīt works. Many of them also request to backup your game beacause u need to change the unit.gif, the flag.gif, yhe rules, etc. So donīt get mad if an scenario described as wonderfull didnīt work.
Old 28-11-2005, 12:18 PM   #89
aldo

I'm a Civ addict, I've played Civ I for years, then Civ III for years, and now that I've got Civ II some more years of my life will be wasted... I hate Sid Meyer for that... Anyway, Civ II is in some aspects even better than Civ III!!! I miss a little bit the resource system, even if it was a bit too strict (in fact, resources are too difficult to obtain... and why can one build the same number of units with 1 mine of iron as with 5?! it's not very realistic...), but some good things get lost in Civ III (one for all, the possibility to use caravans to build wonders: in this way one can use all his cities for the purpose, even if he has not a big, very productive one). Anyway, have fun!!

Old 28-11-2005, 12:55 PM   #90
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Quote:
one for all, the possibility to use caravans to build wonders: in this way one can use all his cities for the purpose, even if he has not a big, very productive one)
Itīs also in the civ 2 k:
I find civ 2 quicker and easiest to play and multiplay. Civ 3, civ 4 or civ CTP are just another game.