Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Approved Requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-07-2005, 06:04 AM   #1
Kortir

After Dark, the most classic screensaver ever, was always worthwhile just to sit down and watch. I loved "Bad dog" especially.
It'd be cool to have the AD4 edition for PC- I know another site has the downloads for mac available but I don't have one anymore.

Kortir is offline                         Send a private message to Kortir
Old 06-07-2005, 09:38 PM   #2
GraveDigger
Game Wizzard

Send a message via ICQ to GraveDigger

I'm afraid, I don't have After Dark 4, but if you need previous versions then I have:

After Dark 2.0 - 1HD
After Dark 3.0 - 2HD-1.44
After Dark Disney - 3HD-1.44
After Dark Twis - 3HD-1.44
More After Dark - 1HD-1.44
GraveDigger is offline                         Send a private message to GraveDigger
Old 07-07-2005, 04:17 AM   #3
Kortir

do any of them have Bad Dog? I need also for it to be a PC version, mac won't do much. LOL
Kortir is offline                         Send a private message to Kortir
Old 07-07-2005, 07:54 AM   #4
GraveDigger
Game Wizzard

Send a message via ICQ to GraveDigger

These are for PC and I don't know if there is Bad Dog in any of them as I never installed them.

By the way, in my games list I have AfterDark Games, which has a game called Bad Dog. Are you looking for the game?
GraveDigger is offline                         Send a private message to GraveDigger
Old 07-11-2005, 11:36 AM   #5
Tiger-Heli

Quote:
Originally posted by Kortir@Jul 7 2005, 04:17 AM
do any of them have Bad Dog?* I need also for it to be a PC version, mac won't do much.* LOL
Don't know if this is useful, as it's pretty late after the fact.

Bad Dog is on After Dark 3.0 - You can get it from http://www.abandoneer.com/games.php?gameid=31 EDIT: Just noticed that was supplied to them be GraveDigger -

There is an upgrade for it to version 3.2 available from http://www.andy.clark.dial.pipex.com/hobbi...n/screen_ad.htm , but I haven't tried it yet.

Also there is LOTS of info on AD (including a link to the Star Trek version) at http://www.dailyping.com/archive/2000/09/04/

Note that these programs were created in the Win 3.1 days so they were designed to run as a TSR rather than a screensaver module. They should work fine under Win98. Under WinXP, you get an annoying message about a DOS driver not being loaded, but you might be able to write a batch file to bypass this.

Version 4.0 and up and the 10th Anniversary Edition are the only ones that should install into the Screensavers control panel on WinXP. I have heard the latter one is available on Kazaa, FWIW . . .
Tiger-Heli is offline                         Send a private message to Tiger-Heli
Old 07-11-2005, 08:37 PM   #6
MrBackAlleySka
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Bad Dog is on After Dark 3.0 - You can get it from http://www.abandoneer.com/games.php?gameid=31 EDIT: Just noticed that was supplied to them be GraveDigger - biggrin.gif

The installation for this one requires a serial number. Can anyone tell me if these screensavers are abandoned? If so, I can supply serial numbers, however I won't supply them until I get a yes or no about this.
MrBackAlleySka is offline                         Send a private message to MrBackAlleySka
Old 08-11-2005, 10:48 AM   #7
Tiger-Heli

Quote:
Originally posted by MrBackAlleySka@Nov 7 2005, 09:37 PM

The installation for this one requires a serial number. Can anyone tell me if these screensavers are abandoned? If so, I can supply serial numbers, however I won't supply them until I get a yes or no about this.
Errmmn, actually, the serial number is included with the download.

They are also freely available on the web and included in the daily ping thread I included above.

As far as whether they are abandonware or not, they may as well be. (Not that you can't make them work, but the 3.0 versions were designed for Win 3.1 or Win 95 in the 486-era of computing, so they are fairly obsolete now).

In the daily Ping thread, there were a couple of places still selling the software about six months ago (in pounds), but I don't know if they actually had rights to it, or just had some old unsold copies of it around. Most of those links no longer list the software as available.
Tiger-Heli is offline                         Send a private message to Tiger-Heli