Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-04-2006, 07:49 PM   #21
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

So all the files are in a folder that's mounted as A:
And you've changed to drive A: in DOSBox
And you didn't reduce the speed
And you started the game, but it doesn't work?
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 13-04-2006, 07:58 PM   #22
Graham

I have now tried both:

mount a c:\dos\adrive

and

mount a a:\

I start the game and it has a splash screen for Broderbund and then gets to a screen that says "make sure your karateka disk is in drive a press any key to continue"

I have also tried it ouside of dosbox, just the files on a disk and still no luck

not sure what else to try...

ps. I looked for the anykey and couldn't find it anywhere :P

Old 13-04-2006, 08:06 PM   #23
graham the idiot

figured it out, I needed -t floppy after mount a a:\

mount a a:\ -t floppy

that's the right way to do it

thanks for your help

Old 13-04-2006, 08:17 PM   #24
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Nah, I didn't actually do anything... Maybe I should have mantioned that -t floppy command (it's in the DOSBox tutorial though...). Anyway, thank you for trying and explaining what you did Graham, it may help many others play this great game (enjoy it) k:
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 13-04-2006, 08:32 PM   #25
beliar

Quote:
Originally posted by guesst@Apr 12 2006, 06:19 PM
[...]
I'm not so sure this game used rotoscoping, but it's possible owing to the non-pixelated look of the graphics. Made-from-scratch graphics tend to be more... well, less like this anyways. Maybe he just used photographic references, I don't know.

I know he used rotoscoping for Prince of Persia. His brother provided the footage and he spent hours translating it into the computer.
[...]
If i remember the PoP-History video from "Warrior Within" or "The Two Thrones" - not sure which had it - correctly he used it first in PoP, but i have to watch the video again to be sure.

[edit]
i currently watch the video - its on the Warrior Within DVD by the way - and given to what he and the others there say he used the rotoscope first with PoP
beliar is offline                         Send a private message to beliar
Old 14-04-2006, 08:50 PM   #26
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

is the PC version just as unresponsive as the GB version ? since then I must say, there is a BIG difference between shite and cool retro abandonware.
WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK
Old 14-04-2006, 09:05 PM   #27
guesst
Abandonia Homie

I don't know about the GB version because all I played was the C=64 version. It ran pretty well but did suffer from a bit of control issues that once you got used to was fine. That is to say, your character doesn't respond to your moves right away, so you have to get use to kinda pre-programming your moves.

Maybe that's why this one is in the Crypt.

I may have to get this one running and upload an appended .conf file for yawl. Unless someone else already has one they can upload. (Just append the part in the autoexec section for us.)

guesst is offline                         Send a private message to guesst
Old 14-04-2006, 09:27 PM   #28
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

Hmmm I think I will decide not to like it. But hey peace to those who loves that game
WolverineDK is offline                         Send a private message to WolverineDK
Old 14-04-2006, 09:44 PM   #29
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Have you tried it??? It's one of the rare cases when an old PC game is actually better (gameplay) then the C64 one.
Old 14-04-2006, 10:26 PM   #30
WolverineDK
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos@Apr 14 2006, 09:44 PM
Have you tried it??? It's one of the rare cases when an old PC game is actually better (gameplay) then the C64 one.
I have only tried to play the GB version, and that version of the game, made me cringe. So I am very wary about other versions of the game , like C64, PC , and APPLE 2 version.