Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-10-2006, 11:59 PM   #21
Guest_Worf_*

>Im Sommer 1992 saß Doug Smith meist alleine in einem Computerlabor der Universität von Washington. Er sollte da sein, falls jemand dort etwas machen wollte, aber füher war sommers nicht viel in solchen Laboren los. Um sich zu beschäftigen, entschied er sich, ein Videospiel zu schreiben, und so entstand Lode Runner.

Summer 1992??? 1982!

Who got the lost 150 "Loderunner 2" Levels, all disk-images fail at level 22.

Old 28-07-2008, 12:52 AM   #22
muccous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destroier View Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Sonicfan37 @ Aug 6 2006, 02:34 AM) [snapback]246932[/snapback]</div>

Press "7" and "9" on the number pad (with numlock on)
Anybody know how to get the lasers to work on a Macbook, running Dosbox? Neither A/S or 7/9 keys work (or any other keys, for that matter.) There a config file you can edit, or something?
muccous is offline                         Send a private message to muccous
Old 28-07-2008, 07:34 AM   #23
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

You can create custom keyboard mapping for DOSBox. It's described in detail inside the readme.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 28-07-2008, 01:04 PM   #24
muccous

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
You can create custom keyboard mapping for DOSBox. It's described in detail inside the readme.
Great! Thank you.
muccous is offline                         Send a private message to muccous
Old 11-09-2008, 05:23 PM   #25
Mrylanxus

In the review, I read the below:

"always wondering what level 106 looks like, because you can't get past level 15."

Can't get past level 15? I haven't played this game in over 22, 23, 24 years, but I actually got through all 150 levels starting at level 1. Took many months, but I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
I remember that there was some sort of secret level in Lode Runner. If you press certain keys in one of the first levels a secret ladder would appear which revealed this level with a lot of points.

But since it is more then 20 years (I'm getting old) since I played the game, I don't remember how to get there.

Anyone?
Yes there was a secret level. Read below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest View Post
In my memory (somewhere deep down) I recall that you had to pick up keys instead of boxes (treasures). And a horrible beep from the internal speaker sounded with every key you collected. This level was filled with keys (in a row) and the speaker kept beeping.

It was in one of the first levels and you had to walk to the far right of the screen. In my memory you had to press up 5 times there and the ladder would appear to bring you to this secret level. I even remember that you could enter the highscore by using this "cheat". If you died all men except the last man, before leaving this level (of course after collecting all the treasures with each man) you would get the highest score.
This is good description. Its close to what I remember, but I couldn't tell you if it is 100% correct or not. But it is close.

rmfr
Mrylanxus is offline                         Send a private message to Mrylanxus
Old 15-11-2008, 04:37 AM   #26
OMGHEAVEN

Anybody figure out how to get the level editor to work? I don't have an A: drive!
OMGHEAVEN is offline                         Send a private message to OMGHEAVEN
Old 15-11-2008, 11:22 AM   #27
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

DOSBox, young man. It can mount a blank disc image as drive A, and you can write data to it as if it was a real floppy.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 15-11-2008, 04:34 PM   #28
OMGHEAVEN

Ah, that sounds perfect. Where the hell has this place been hiding! (Or should I say, "where the hell have I been?"
OMGHEAVEN is offline                         Send a private message to OMGHEAVEN
Old 15-11-2008, 06:28 PM   #29
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Here are floppy images for 740k and 1,44 MB floppies.

In DOSBox, you just use the IMGMOUNT command, for example:
IMGMOUNT A C:\DOSGAMES\HDFLOPPY.IMA -t floppy
(Of course you need to replace C:\DOSGAMES\HDFLOPPY.IMA with actual location and name of the disk image on your computer)
Then you can use them as if they were real discs. :thumbs:
Attached Files
File Type: rar 720 and 1,44 blank floppy images.rar (1.7 KB, 153 views)

-- Reed Richards
Old 24-11-2011, 09:05 AM   #30
Talking

classic loderunner page!
http://classicloderunner.freei.me