Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Introductions, Farewells and Returns
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-05-2014, 08:25 AM   #1
Wangstah

Default Hey!..

Hi everyone, I'm Wangstah and I'm new to Abandonia. Just signed up, thou I've come across AB (while I was searching for a good place to find some classic old DOS games) for some days now, and have been using it ever since rll...

and since I have started to like it, and it has turned into a place where I am now able to get some of those really old and classic games that I've always been able to play way back in the good ol' days ehe, but not anymore unfortunately.. until now that is, now that I've discovered Abandonia! lol.. & with that being said, I would just like to finish up by asking if I'd be able to add a game that it's still not here on AB, and that I do still own, and if so how would I be able to do so?... thanks in advance

Wangstah is offline                         Send a private message to Wangstah
Old 05-05-2014, 09:12 AM   #2
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Hey and welcome! Very nice to see another "abandonhead" About adding new games, that would be awesome. We do have some lines we don't cross though like the game must be truely abandoned like no sales, no support, basically no active interest in the game from the rights' holders and no commercial interest from legit stores. And the game can't exceed a certain size but if you have the titles in question (and size) then we could perhaps figure these things out to see if it's something for AB.
Old 05-05-2014, 06:07 PM   #3
Wangstah

Alright... so, the game which I'd be interested in sharing here on Abandonia (among some others, thou they've all been added already) is Wreckin Crew from 1998 by Telstar Electronic Studios Ltd. & Quickdraw Developments Ltd., here's its page on Giant Bomb:

http://www.giantbomb.com/wreckin-crew/3030-13331/

An awesome classic hot-rod racing game in which I spent a lot of my childhood playing it (among Chasm: The Rift; Dominant Species & a lot more) and trying to beat it by clearing the champion league or something like dat (the campaign rll) and getting the two extra characters/cars along the way lol... ahhh, good ol' times.

But anyways.. as for being "truly abandoned" as you mentioned, I can't really say foh sure if it rll is (mainly because I'm not that aware of how all that stuff works eheh), but I did search for it here on the AB forums thou, and I came across a thread which was actually referring to this exact game and it was basically said that apparently the game has no longer any commercial interested and is therefore "approved"...

So, with that being said I think it should of be abandoned then (hope so, ehe). But anyway, if it really is then as for the size of it I think it's 340 MB, so yeahh... (hope it won't exceed the size limitations)
Old 10-05-2014, 06:30 PM   #4
Wangstah

so... it's been a while now since anyone has said anything, I've been kind of waiting for someone's response as to whether or not would I be able to share my game here on Abandonia..

I must say I was expecting a little bit more enthusiasm on your guys part :/
Old 10-05-2014, 06:48 PM   #5
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

I'm sorry for that. AB is indeed quiet these days with staff busy with real life, work, studies, that sort of things. I too was hoping someone more in the know of the workflow and accepting games would chime in but frankly I haven't seen many staff members here in a long time and I don't have access to the updaters' schedule or any of their plans.

Try the Offers section in the forum, they might catch your offering quicker there.
Old 10-05-2014, 09:50 PM   #6
Wangstah

humm, aight then... in any case thanks a lot Mighty

I'll give it another shot at the "Offers" section of the forums then, and again.. since I'm new here I also wasn't that sure as to where exactly I should of had posted