Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-08-2005, 04:09 PM   #21
Kearnsy
Games Master

im with you on this one Thaluikhain M16 is definatly the way to go. i use M16 (lots of ammo), 2 grenades + a jacket and medikits when i feel lke going in Rambo style.

Ps: stealth sucks!!!
Kearnsy is offline                         Send a private message to Kearnsy
Old 08-08-2005, 08:16 PM   #22
Sharp
Game freak

Send a message via ICQ to Sharp

If you look at the ammo used with a shotgun and a ammo used when using M16, shotgun can kill more people, shotgun kills in a 1 or 2 hits, quite good for stealty stuff, im not saying the M16 is crap or shouldnt be used, just that shotgun is still a good gun.

Personally though, i seem to use grenades more often then anything else,

« † DxRxIx † »
Sharp is offline                         Send a private message to Sharp
Old 12-08-2005, 02:28 PM   #23
Thaluikhain

Just finished the game on normal level using the shotgun rather than any other guns (except on a few early levels), 1932 points. Yes, I know this is 12 points more than using the M16 or Uzi, but I put this down to practice. The shotgun comes in handy occasionally, but I think the best thing about it is that you don't need as much ammo, so you can take more of other stuff. Still prefer the other guns generally, though. It's hard to hit fast moving things, like dogs, with it, and loses power at long distances. Handy in close, though.

I find grenades far more useful against walls and fences then people. It's so annoying when you try to throw a grenade around a corner, and it touches the wall and stops, or hits a bush just in front of you and you blow yourself up. I think I might have liked it better if it didn't have a delayed fuse, instead of detonating on impact.

Old 23-08-2005, 11:01 PM   #24
ricecake

Hey i uploaded this game onto a friends ancient laptop running win 95 it killed it. We kept getting "Windows could not find SirC32.exe". we narrowed it down to this game and laughed as no other programs would run after that hehe. anyway we fixed it but just thought id mention it.

Next time ill stick to running classic oldies on my trusty old XP

Old 30-08-2005, 07:06 AM   #25

if anyone wants to trade custom maps for this game email me dmtryptamine@hotmail.com. ive got a intense 3 mission campaign nearly done.

Old 27-12-2005, 02:08 PM   #26

It´s a funny strategic action-game. You can play different missions as elite-soldier (rescue a prisoner, destroy missiles etc.). The graphics aren´t up to date for its time but it´s ok.

Old 10-01-2006, 04:31 PM   #27
WaAn
Abandonia nerd

Addictive & fun. I don't need graphics.
ALL HAIL TO ABANDONIA

k:
WaAn is offline                         Send a private message to WaAn
Old 03-02-2006, 10:06 AM   #28
Thaluikhain

2391 points on Hard level.

That destroy documents level in Libya is a real pain. Eventually I got through, by blowing up part of the wall in the room where the left most target is, to avoid that nasty bit where the machine guns in the front entrance can shoot at you as you cross the hall.

And sometimes the game gives you 2 extra medikits for no reason when you are walking around.

People can set of mines on the other side of walls :blink:

Hate gunboats and tanks, but you can kill the gunboat at least. A gunboat came up on me when I was in the water once, do they have a miminum range? And on another Libya mission, got stuck in a hall, couldn't move for some reason, until the tank and a few guys on the other side on the exterior wall suddenly exploded for no reason. Odd
Thaluikhain is offline                         Send a private message to Thaluikhain
Old 12-03-2006, 03:12 PM   #29

Plz help me :help: where can i download dosbox?

Old 13-03-2006, 03:03 PM   #30
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

All answered here.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman