Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-05-2005, 07:28 AM   #11
Timpsi
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by accr@May 3 2005, 02:23 AM
I'm trying to run it with dosbox, but I couldn't get past the title screen. :tai:
Increase the operating cycles with Ctrl+12 and give it some time.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:52 AM   #12
Kyntteri

In my case it actually runs in XP with no problems whatsoever. No need for DOSBox here.

Old 03-05-2005, 12:16 PM   #13
LOL

I played this game when i had my wim 95, and it was guite fun. k:
LOL is offline                         Send a private message to LOL
Old 03-05-2005, 01:04 PM   #14
plague
Abandonia nerd

I have played this game a long time ago. Nice game but controlling the trooper isn't too well done.
plague is offline                         Send a private message to plague
Old 16-06-2005, 04:31 AM   #15
Kearnsy
Games Master

This really is a fun little game.

I like to use the assault rifle, kevlar jacket, nades, medikits.
I think it could be pretty good playing with a little squad over the internet.
Plus having more objectives in one map.

PS: what are your best scores?
Kearnsy is offline                         Send a private message to Kearnsy
Old 31-07-2005, 04:00 AM   #16
Thaluikhain

This game is so cool! A few problems though, the map is a bit small, and in your briefing, the extract square is hard to pick from the terrain, being the same colour. Your lil map is a bit confusing too. Gets a bit monotonus after a bit, but..

Seriously cool game, but does anyone actually use all those weapons? Just Uzi or M16 seems to be all you need.

Old 01-08-2005, 10:33 PM   #17
Sharp
Game freak

Send a message via ICQ to Sharp

What are you talking aboot? Shotgun rules. Best thing for taking out those damned dogs as well.

Also you cant go wrong with a satchel charge.

Got to go through a building of 10 heavily armed soldiers to reach a target you have to destroy??? Just walk round the back and a satchel charge will fix it. And a few grenades.

Would be cool if this was an online game, mabye some people with skill and interest could start up a project on it like UFO2000.

« † DxRxIx † »
Sharp is offline                         Send a private message to Sharp
Old 02-08-2005, 12:24 PM   #18

Oh yeah the explosives are cool. And grenades to cut wire. I like the Uzi or M16 due to high rate of fire and lots of ammo (ie my accuracy is poor). Keep firing and you'll hit the target eventually. Does anyone use the flamer? Or the bazooka. I mean, the bazookas for killing tanks, which are best avoided.

Cut you cut through wire with your knife? Or walls for that matter? The only time i use the knife is for destroying the transmitters, cabinets and computers when I'm worried about running out of ammo.

Old 03-08-2005, 08:19 AM   #19
Thaluikhain

Just finished it on normal level: 1920 points.

What's so good about the shotgun? It weighs as much as the M16, but you get one third the ammo? I prefer the M16 over the Uzi now, because of better range. M16 + 4 lots of ammo = Uzi + 6, in both weight and number of bullets. If you take less reloads the Uzi has more bullets than the same weight of M16 + reloads, otherwise the M16. Uzis have a cool rate of fire, and I would recommend them for inside buildings.

Does anyone take the pistol? Maybe I would as a backup for the bazooka or flamer, but does anyone actaully use them? Does the flamer trigger mines? There's a level where you have to rescue 2 people from a building, and there's a route round the back which is marked with the mines sign, but I burned it out first, and wasn't blown up. Oh, and I hate mines that aren't marked. And vehicles. Vehicles really annoy me.

What's so annoying about the dogs though? I don't find them that hard to kill. I suppose that them moving fast makes it hard to aim, but I use the Uzi or M16 because it hates the rate of fire to make up for my already lousy aim.

I hate when the hostages stand really close to a guard, so you can't shoot them, or the guard shoots them when aiming for you. I also hate when there's a guy surrounded by ammo crates, right next to the documents you have to recover. That only happened once to me, but argh! And whats with the secret tunnel in one of the level? Nowhere else has one. Except in the level with the 2 prisoners I described earlier (I think it's that one), the upper left corner room of the building has a corner you can see and shoot through.

One last thing that annoys me. When you drop the explosives, you can't swap weapons and trigger the bomb later, you have to use it right away (at least when you're carrying more than one explosive).

Old 08-08-2005, 11:39 AM   #20
Thaluikhain

Just did it again at hard level, 2286 points. It was hard, but I got through. Never used the pistol, shotgun, flamer or bazooka (or at least never finished a level armed with them k: )