Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: Which Logo do you prefer?
The first (top one) 21 9.25%
The second (bottom one) 144 63.44%
I prefer the old logo 62 27.31%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26-07-2009, 07:47 PM   #41
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

not to be nitpicky, but top is #242424, not #000000 =P
Old 27-07-2009, 01:54 AM   #42
RRS
(Gaming) History Buff

Thnx, I admit I made it in a hurry (family problems you don't want to hear about).
RRS is offline                         Send a private message to RRS
Old 27-07-2009, 12:58 PM   #43
red_avatar
Administrator

Hmm if I can be honest, I'm not too keen on it. I can see why it appeals to those that prefer the original logo, because it's more similar but I had already made almost an identical logo before, for the magazine (in fact I think I posted it on the forum) but I scrapped it for the same reasons I'm not keen on this one.

The main thing that bothers me, is that if you give it a perspective, you're very limited with what you can do with the logo. For example, it should be centered on the top instead of on the left for this perspective to work and a good logo should fit in everywhere and not just in one spot. That was also the problem with the logo we have right now and the reason we wanted to replace it in the first place.

Also, it doesn't fit the more modern design of the site like it is right now and would require a complete overhaul for it to work and for the logo to be put in the middle. It just feels too out of place at the moment.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 27-07-2009, 01:04 PM   #44
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

i think that the version you made didn't have very good perspective, this one is much sexier.
and what are you talking about? o_O this one is "centered" on top, unlike your attempt, which was directed to the left. this one does fit everywhere
Old 27-07-2009, 01:56 PM   #45
red_avatar
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
i think that the version you made didn't have very good perspective, this one is much sexier.
and what are you talking about? o_O this one is "centered" on top, unlike your attempt, which was directed to the left. this one does fit everywhere
Mine didn't have a real perspective - just an extended shadow. And originally, it was on the right - I just haven't changed it yet since it moved to the left.

And this one is on the left, not centered yet the perspective is made for the center of the page. For it to fit on the left, you'd have to adjust the perspective and like I said, this means the logo is not easy to use everywhere because the perspective would make it feel out of place in most spots. There's a reason perspectives like these don't get used much.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 27-07-2009, 02:18 PM   #46
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

even thought it's in the left site it doesn't look out of place because the logo is faded into center o_O

it's a logo..
Old 27-07-2009, 02:53 PM   #47
Elothan
Lurker

Must I say I prefer the old one redux thing here...
Elothan is offline                         Send a private message to Elothan
Old 15-03-2010, 05:21 PM   #48
blomman9
developeeer

Send a message via ICQ to blomman9 Send a message via MSN to blomman9 Send a message via Skype™ to blomman9
Default New design for the logo has been produced

A new logo has been produced by Valentin Salja. Just wanted you to know that I'm in the fight for a new redesign. Show your opinions and lets talk this over, shan't we?

Personally I like the red colors of today, but the color scheme can be neater.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg abandonia-logo-valenting-salja.jpg (11.6 KB, 14 views)
located in Borås, Sweden
blomman9 is offline                         Send a private message to blomman9
Old 15-03-2010, 05:32 PM   #49
Saccade
[BANNED]

Idk if you'll have some problems with using the same Invader logo as several other websites.
The Invader used atm is one I haven't really seen in use by other sites. Re-branding everything - even the AB Invader is a bit harsh.

Cosmetics aside, I think it's too complex to be an amazing logo.
All the 3d and stuff makes it a bit... well...

The current logo has more of a 2d3 thing going on and that works. The drop shadow is a bit distracting and muddies it.
If I squint hard, I can just about see it says Abandonia.

If the word wasn't there, I'd have no idea it was specifically abandonia nor even anything to do with retro-games.

I'm good at negative comments me. If you expected anything constructive, you've asked the wrong person (not that you asked me anyway, but you kinda did).

Maybe someone else will say something constructive instead?
Saccade is offline                         Send a private message to Saccade
Old 15-03-2010, 05:52 PM   #50
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by blomman9 View Post
A new logo has been produced by Valentin Salja. Just wanted you to know that I'm in the fight for a new redesign. Show your opinions and lets talk this over, shan't we?

Personally I like the red colors of today, but the color scheme can be neater.
If you ask me we should have a logo viewed from the front, without a 3D tilt and the likes. The main argument is that noone uses a 3D tilted view (at least the popular sites). Take for example sites like gamespot.com, ign.com, gamesradar.com, adventuregamers.com and many more. They're very popular sites and they all have simple 2D logos enhanced with various effects. Sure, a lot would consider Valentin Salja's design nice and all, but maybe not for a logo. And if some would like it as a logo, there will be too many who will dislike it. The main issue when making a logo is lowering to the minimum the amount of people who will dislike it. A simple logo is more suited for a popular site: it's easily remembered, catchy etc

As for the colors. The idea might be there: the current logo needs a bit more warmth. But the chosen colors are totally wrong. While yellow might be acceptable, the green sure is not. The logo shouldn't change radically in terms of colors either. We could drop the black, and add bits of yellow, for example.

Last edited by TotalAnarchy; 15-03-2010 at 06:33 PM.
TotalAnarchy is offline                         Send a private message to TotalAnarchy