Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-01-2005, 08:27 AM   #41
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

The worst movies I've seen are all on late night television. They're so terrible, I can't remember them. But there was one I suffered through recently. It featured a prostitute who was actually a saint, I think. She suffered terrible things from her pimp, until he was blown away by the mob. Before this she'd met a man who seemed to like her a lot and who was nice - however he was always drunk. When she was single again, she caught up with him again. He said he was in love with her, and wanted to live with her, but he was a confirmed alcoholic and she must never try to stop him drinking. She agreed. When he woke in the morming, he either had dt's or vomited everywhere. He didn't work, of course, so during the day, he wondered off to bars where he (innocently) got caught up in fights. In the evening, she would try to take him out places, but they'd be ordered off the premises because he'd break things or get aggressive. When she was away working the streets, he'd go out where sometimes women would pick him up and he'd take them home (to her apartment - i.e., the prostitute's) because he was so drunk he thought the woman was really his gf, the prostitute.

Throughout all this she remained loving, gentle and understanding. I was positive that all this unconditional love would result in him overcoming his alcoholism. But it never did. In the end, while he lay dying in bed from alcohol poisoning, she made love to him! :eeeeeh:
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 23-01-2005, 08:31 AM   #42
mouse31e
Games Master

I really can't stand Apollo 13. It's so long and dull! 3 hours and nothing really happens and even when it does it happens in a slow non-dramatic way.
mouse31e is offline                         Send a private message to mouse31e
Old 23-01-2005, 09:40 AM   #43
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

I guess most of you started confusing some things here. You started confising movies you don't like with movies that are bad.

Apollo 13 may be boring, but it's not a bad movie.
"Chick flick" - as many people call them might not be your cup off tea, but that doesn't mean they are really all bad. There are some really good ones among them - or at least enjoyable.

A movie that is considered boring is definetly a movie I'd want to see. For instance Pi (the symbol for 3.14) is one of the best movies I've seen recently and so is Dogville - but both are considered really boring.

@Stroggy - I agree with you about German films - Goodbye Lenin was an excelent one. Did you see Das Experiment? And about French films - there are a few I really liked - like Vidoq and Les Riveres Purpure (not sure is a spelled it correctly), and off course the classic Les Visitors (my french sucks - the one with Jean Reno, where he was a knight and traveled through time to stop himself from killing the princess, and the second part, where he returned to the future to get his peasant back - not the holiwood remake - although still with Jean Reno).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 23-01-2005, 09:46 AM   #44
Puffin
Abandonia Homie

Les Visitors is awesome!!! I watched it in french class last year.
I've heard that Amélie is great, but i haven't seen it yet..
Puffin is offline                         Send a private message to Puffin
Old 23-01-2005, 10:01 AM   #45
xoopx
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by Puffin@Jan 23 2005, 10:46 AM
Les Visitors is awesome!!! I watched it in french class last year.
I've heard that Amélie is great, but i haven't seen it yet..
oh you should see amelie. its really sweet... but not in a chick movie way
xoopx is offline                         Send a private message to xoopx
Old 23-01-2005, 10:06 AM   #46
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Did you see Das Experiment?
Yes, I saw it with my brother.

Quote:
off course the classic Les Visitors
Les Visiteurs is one of the better french movies (like Louis de Fun?s's brilliant movies)
And the french are good at making comedies, but they can't make a serious movie.
They can't balance it out. Goodbye Lenin was a brilliant mix of humour, but it also explored the historical depth of the time, the impact of the situation on the people themselves.
I've never seen a french movie that could balance a serious storyline with humour. Its either a parade of jokes and silly situations, or a dead-serious drama... or neither in the case of 'La Roi Dance'.
Old 23-01-2005, 10:55 AM   #47
FreeFreddy

Yes, Les Visitors is really cool, though the second part isn't as good as the first anymore. Too much tried to keep the fun of the first, instead overdoing it.

Old 23-01-2005, 02:25 PM   #48
The Levitating Nun
Game Wizzard

The Shipping News, proof that an almighty cast maketh not a good movie. Truly terrible, boring and thats before I went off away from it.
The Levitating Nun is offline                         Send a private message to The Levitating Nun
Old 23-01-2005, 07:56 PM   #49
blindlizard
Lurker

By far the worst movie I ever saw was R'Xmas. I rented it along time ago, it said it had Ice-T in it, so I figured what the hey... I can't even explain what it was about because it was that bad. I did notice it has been on one of the movie channels, but I am not sure which one, so be on the lookout
blindlizard is offline                         Send a private message to blindlizard
Old 23-01-2005, 09:30 PM   #50
Maikel
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Stroggy@Jan 23 2005, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Did you see Das Experiment?
Yes, I saw it with my brother.

Quote:
off course the classic Les Visitors
Les Visiteurs is one of the better french movies (like Louis de Fun?s's brilliant movies)
And the french are good at making comedies, but they can't make a serious movie.
They can't balance it out. Goodbye Lenin was a brilliant mix of humour, but it also explored the historical depth of the time, the impact of the situation on the people themselves.
I've never seen a french movie that could balance a serious storyline with humour. Its either a parade of jokes and silly situations, or a dead-serious drama... or neither in the case of 'La Roi Dance'.
La Haine was a great movie. Serious, and French

Vidocq was pretty cool to and to some degree, Brotherhood of the wolves.

So they can make serious movies...though there are not many.
Maikel is offline                         Send a private message to Maikel