Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-09-2006, 11:07 AM   #21
Wildlotus

Great tips, Horoma. I like the way we're doing the hints and spoilers so the roving eye doesn't accidentally pick up a word that might ruin his/her gameplay.

And by the way, you sure have a superb memory bank. Mine's pretty much obsolete. It's just been a few days since I last completed the game, but I was going "Hmm.. who's Phil..." :P
Wildlotus is offline                         Send a private message to Wildlotus
Old 27-12-2006, 11:19 PM   #22

Hi, I'm having problems with running CrimeCity in DOSBox. I followed the directions on the tutorial from the Abandonia DOSBox page, but I get stuck after the installation of the game. When I type in DIR at the C:\ prompt, it lists Crime (how I named the folder), but the final statistics say there are 0 File(s) and 3 Dir(s). I can still enter in cd\crime (showing C:\Crime). However, after that I end up with...nothing. I can't enter in "CrimeCity" or "Install" - install just outputs another line of C:\Crime, showing that nothing really happened.

I can, however, click on CrimeCity in the containing folder and have the system32/cmd.exe run the game. The only problem with running it that way is that calling people freezes the game for a while (especially if the line is busy), ruining the continuous gameplay effect. And, apparently, I need to use the phone a lot, so...

Can anyone help me with this problem? I hope I provided enough information to troubleshoot.

(Oh, yes, and is it possible to turn off the sound entirely? Whenever I play the in-game on the PC, the sounds are really really loud and sound like they come from my laptop itself. Same with calling people with the phone. Very creepy if I want to play sneakily. I don't want to advertise what I'm doing... =\)

Thanks in advance for your help! =)

Old 28-12-2006, 05:53 AM   #23
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

In DosBox, run the following three commands when in the game directory:
Dir *.exe
Dir *.com
Dir *.bat
and then try running the filenames they output.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 28-12-2006, 10:03 AM   #24

Thanks for the help! I found the file I was supposed to use. Sorry for the questions, but do you happen to know if the game really requires a disk to save? I tried to save, but I only got an error.

Thank you, again. =)

Old 12-01-2007, 02:05 AM   #25
Poison

hi!

i need crime city walkthrough please

Old 12-01-2007, 11:11 AM   #26
Thanos6

Here's a tip if you seem stuck:

Sometimes, you just have to wait around a few days until somebody sends you a piece of mail you need.
Old 19-03-2007, 10:00 PM   #27
Stinkey107
Lurker

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tomf @ Sep 18 2006, 10:01 AM) [snapback]255803[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hey anyone have a walkthrough?
[/b]
I have a few helpful hints for u

Frist goto the police station and ask for dad keep talkin untill he says "Make sure my birthday is safe" make note of that lookup david's record on the computer in the office and look for DOB(Date of Brith) write that down. Goto the crime and click on the picture. click the safe enter the DOB without the slashs(/). open the cabinet. while ur there click the outline on the floor and click the cigar. goto home and tell mom to develop the films and tell her about the cigar. Then goto the office and take the envelope on the desk goto the pub at around 12:00 and talk to bartender and then dave give him the photos and he'll investigate. goto the computer screen's survallince in the office then at the bottom u will see Phil Wilkinson. a few days later u will recive a newsletter goto the hospital goto the room to the right click on the black case on the table and talk to the woman at the desk ask her about the no. 539's(number may vary)report. Goto the brige and pickup the matchbox write down the number. Goto the office make it 18:00 and call that number. choose the second option 2X then hang-up goto the map then goto phil's house.

unfortunatly that's all i no :not_ok
Stinkey107 is offline                         Send a private message to Stinkey107
Old 24-03-2007, 12:36 PM   #28

hi I'm stuck. Who can help me with the key to the safe in stancrowe?

Old 08-04-2007, 12:49 AM   #29

:wallbash: :tai:
I CAN'T BEAT THIS BLEEPING GAME! PHIL IS DEAD, I CAN'T AFFORD ANY MORE LESSONS FROM THAT GUY, AND ALL I GET FROM MY GIRL ON SURVALIANCE IS A NUMBER THAT I CAN REACH HER AT. WHAT DO I DO! P.S. I'M 500 DOLLARS IN DEBT TO THE GUY THAT GIVES LESSONS. I'M BLEEPING SMEGED!
:wallbash: :tai:

Old 19-04-2007, 04:40 PM   #30

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildlotus @ Sep 18 2006, 05:19 PM) [snapback]255858[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Horoma @ Sep 8 2006, 06:10 AM) [snapback]253550[/snapback]
Quote:
Hm, I'm stuck further in the game.

I brought it down to only 1 suspect, I found the murder weapon at the suspect's house, I found a note from G. to ask the suspect to kill David, I found bank documents that prove G. made a payment to the suspect's account, etc. However, the police officer keeps saying I have a suspect, but not enough evidence. And I have absolutely no clues left to investigate. :wallbash:

Any tip would be appreciated.
[/b]
WARNING
The following lines contain spoilers. Proceed to highlight the quoted sections at your own risk

Check out hints one at a time and head on back to your game, instead of reading them all at once, so you don't spoil your own fun.

Hint 1:
Quote:
Remember the disc you found in the safe at Stancrowe Int? When you tried to run the disc on your pc, what happened? Hmm a virus...[/b]
Hint 2:
Quote:
Now where did you read about a antivirus software that would be able to wipe out any existing virus on your pc, and protect it against any virus attacks in the indefinite future?[/b]
Hint 3:
Quote:
Perhaps you should give the owner of the software company a call for some help..[/b]
Hint 4:
Quote:
Oh goodie! A free antivirus software in your mailbox. Can't wait to run it, eh? [/b]
Hint 5:
Quote:
Aren't you curious what's REALLY in that disc you found at Stancrowe Int.? Well now that your PC is invincible... Hmm...[/b]

Couldn't find a walkthrough anywhere, but I managed to complete the game so if you're stuck anywhere, do post a question and perhaps I'll be able to offer some help!

Wildlotus

[/b][/quote]
hi im stuck on finding Stancrowe Int. Ive got the newspaper about jason but after that i cant figure out what im missing please help me ahhhhhhhh.