Go to the crime scene
Find the hidden safe
Enter the 6 digit code
Voila!

Old 07-09-2006, 10:10 PM   #12
Horoma
Abandonia nerd

Hm, I'm stuck further in the game.

I brought it down to only 1 suspect, I found the murder weapon at the suspect's house, I found a note from G. to ask the suspect to kill David, I found bank documents that prove G. made a payment to the suspect's account, etc. However, the police officer keeps saying I have a suspect, but not enough evidence. And I have absolutely no clues left to investigate. :wallbash:

Any tip would be appreciated.

Horoma is offline                         Send a private message to Horoma
Old 18-09-2006, 02:01 PM   #13
tomf
Game freak

Send a message via AIM to tomf Send a message via MSN to tomf Send a message via Yahoo to tomf

Hey anyone have a walkthrough?
There may come a day when the courage of men fails, When we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day, An hour of wolves and shattered shields, When the age of men comes crashing down, But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth I bid you stand! Men of the west!

Click my dragons please
Or just click here for all of them
tomf is offline                         Send a private message to tomf
Old 18-09-2006, 03:00 PM   #14
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Tried GameFaqs?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 18-09-2006, 05:19 PM   #15
Wildlotus

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Horoma @ Sep 8 2006, 06:10 AM) [snapback]253550[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Hm, I'm stuck further in the game.

I brought it down to only 1 suspect, I found the murder weapon at the suspect's house, I found a note from G. to ask the suspect to kill David, I found bank documents that prove G. made a payment to the suspect's account, etc. However, the police officer keeps saying I have a suspect, but not enough evidence. And I have absolutely no clues left to investigate. :wallbash:

Any tip would be appreciated.
[/b]
WARNING
The following lines contain spoilers. Proceed to highlight the quoted sections at your own risk

Check out hints one at a time and head on back to your game, instead of reading them all at once, so you don't spoil your own fun.

Hint 1:
Quote:
Remember the disc you found in the safe at Stancrowe Int? When you tried to run the disc on your pc, what happened? Hmm a virus...[/b]
Hint 2:
Quote:
Now where did you read about a antivirus software that would be able to wipe out any existing virus on your pc, and protect it against any virus attacks in the indefinite future?[/b]
Hint 3:
Quote:
Perhaps you should give the owner of the software company a call for some help..[/b]
Hint 4:
Quote:
Oh goodie! A free antivirus software in your mailbox. Can't wait to run it, eh? [/b]
Hint 5:
Quote:
Aren't you curious what's REALLY in that disc you found at Stancrowe Int.? Well now that your PC is invincible... Hmm...[/b]

Couldn't find a walkthrough anywhere, but I managed to complete the game so if you're stuck anywhere, do post a question and perhaps I'll be able to offer some help!

Wildlotus
Wildlotus is offline                         Send a private message to Wildlotus
Old 18-09-2006, 05:40 PM   #16
Wildlotus

Here's a useful glitch I chanced upon. For those of you struggling to pay for lessons in Lockpicking / Fighting / Surveillance etc, this might come in handy. In other words, I suppose, here's a cheat of sorts.

Money Cheat
Quote:
At the start of the game, invest your 50 quid in any stock you think worth buying. Then save the game and load a new game. You have a new set of 50, but waitaminute!! Check that stock market cos, lo and behold, your investment from the previous 50 is still there! Now invest your new set of 50 into any stock of your choice again, save, then select "new game" again. Repeat this procedure for as many times as you think you have the patience for, or until you think you have enough cash to tide you over any crisis. You can sell your stocks for cash at any time in the game. Then continue on with your game.

Do remember to SAVE after every investment, before selecting "New Game"

(As a general rule of thumb, buy stocks that have been dropping (negative "-" sign), and sell once they rise (positive "+"

Of course the game is playable if you're an avid stock broker and constantly trade every single day the moment you arise from slumber (thus rendering this glitch useless, and causing me to waste your previous time) [/b]
Happy Money-Making! :w00t:

Wildlotus is offline                         Send a private message to Wildlotus
Old 18-09-2006, 08:59 PM   #17
Horoma
Abandonia nerd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Wildlotus @ Sep 18 2006, 07:19 PM) [snapback]255858[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Check out hints one at a time and head on back to your game, instead of reading them all at once, so you don't spoil your own fun.
[/b]
Thank you! That was really helpful.

Shame I couldn't solve that last puzzle myself. I didn't use the money-cheat though, even if the stock exchange can be quite irritating.
Old 19-09-2006, 12:20 PM   #18
Wildlotus

Glad to have helped some. I can't really remember how I figured that out either. I was running around for days just talking to my "mum" and visiting my "girlfriend" at the hospital. Then I got bored and decided to call everyone on my phone directory. Haha. It's one of those things....

I'm no genius.

The funny thing was, I was expecting more puzzles so after gaining that piece of "evidence", I saved the game and went to bed.

It was kinda anticlimatic when I resumed the game the next day to watch the ending. Haha!
Old 20-09-2006, 08:37 AM   #19

*SPOILERS* (sort of)

i'm stuck... i'm up to the part where phil dies, which is near the beginning, and i've gone to the bridge and found the matchbox and rung the number, but after that i have no idea what to do... please help me!

Old 20-09-2006, 12:00 PM   #20
Horoma
Abandonia nerd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 20 2006, 10:37 AM) [snapback]256219[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
i'm stuck... i'm up to the part where phil dies, which is near the beginning, and i've gone to the bridge and found the matchbox and rung the number, but after that i have no idea what to do... please help me!
[/b]
You say you rang the number from the matchbox. What was the result ?

Tip 1 - SPOILER !
Quote:
When you phone him, you get to talk to his wife. If you choose your dialog options wisely, you should get something to continue your search.[/b]
Tip 2 - SPOILER !
Quote:
Don't tell her about Phil's death, but keep asking where he is, where you can reach him, where he lives, etc. You should get his address and can continue your search there.[/b]