Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 14-07-2013, 03:27 AM   #431
Diamondfist
Abandonia nerd

Hello!

I believe that there is an error in the quiz again; I selected the correct answer from the drop-down list, and it stated that my answer was wrong.

This is what I selected:

for screenshot quiz
Diamondfist is offline                         Send a private message to Diamondfist
Old 14-07-2013, 03:37 AM   #432
cdnp
Super Freak

I also experienced the same crushing disappointment.
cdnp is offline                         Send a private message to cdnp
Old 14-07-2013, 09:43 AM   #433
Musteriuz

If all the games with special characters causes an error when you submit your guess, then they should remove those options from the roster. Another 5 Po8 down the drain.
Musteriuz is offline                         Send a private message to Musteriuz
Old 14-07-2013, 04:39 PM   #434
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Strange. Last answer seems haven't any special symbols. But failed anyway. Hmm. :|
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 14-07-2013, 06:18 PM   #435
BranjoHello
Skilled WormMaster

I feel your pain too.

BranjoHello is offline                         Send a private message to BranjoHello
Old 14-07-2013, 10:46 PM   #436
cdnp
Super Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
Strange. Last answer seems haven't any special symbols. But failed anyway. Hmm. :|
It did contain parenthesis which are symbols.
cdnp is offline                         Send a private message to cdnp
Old 15-07-2013, 06:57 AM   #437
underdog
Abandonia nerd

cant somebody - finally - unscrew this? you know, it really is childish, but not getting the Po8 sucks...
underdog is offline                         Send a private message to underdog
Old 15-07-2013, 08:10 AM   #438
Musteriuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by underdog View Post
cant somebody - finally - unscrew this? you know, it really is childish, but not getting the Po8 sucks...
Whilst some may think it childish, I don't believe it to be childish at all. It's not really about the Po8. That's just a little "reward" for taking the time to go and look for the game in the quiz. Most of us come to the site to see if those 2 or 3 favourites we remember from way back then is actually still available and not much more. What this feature really does in the process is bring you to many of the games that you might never have had a look at otherwise. I've already found a raft of other interesting games by searching for the correct screenshot, reading a review that piques my interest and then downloading and trying it out.

Therefore this feature is a very good internal advertising platform for Abandonia, but if it remains flawed most people will lose interest and stop using it which would be a bad thing for the website in terms of game exposure.
Musteriuz is offline                         Send a private message to Musteriuz
Old 26-07-2013, 08:43 AM   #439
Musteriuz

Hmm, after my last philosophical monologue, no one seems willing to post here anymore, so back to simpler things.

The quiz screenshot from yesterday (for Summer Games II) is exactly the same as one from World Games, therefore everyone who submitted World Games as their guess got 0 Po8 which is yet again unfair.
Old 26-07-2013, 01:31 PM   #440
R153nm
Forum hobbit

Actually, the player names in the top left are different. Yes, they are otherwise the same, but that did kind of jump out.
R153nm is offline                         Send a private message to R153nm