Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-03-2012, 08:00 PM   #1
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

Default Funniest spam.

Quote:
Greetings,

I know you will be surprised to read my email. I got your contact from your Email domain, apart from being surprise you may be skeptical to reply me because based on what is happening on the internet world, one has to be very careful because a lot of scammers are out there to scam innocent citizens and this has made it very difficult for people to believe anything that comes through the internet but this is a different case.

lf you are willing to show me your honesty and trust, I think I will be able to trust and work with you. I am an American and you should be rest assured that I cannot be invovled in scam.
No, I believe you, because Americans are never involved in scams. Or invovled, which may be something different, but I really can't tell.

Quote:
My name is Capt. Anita George , a member of the U.S. ARMY USARPAC MedicalTeam, which was deployed to Iraq at the beginning of the war in Iraq. Although the war has ended, for me to proved this to you, see the site below for more information,

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...n_1176330.html
http://dailycaller.com/2011/12/27/as...s-is-imminent/

But I refused to come along with them inrespective of the fact that the war has ended.
I admire you for this firm stand against the blandishments of the government. Clearly it is your right to stay in Iraq, even though you've proved conclusively that the war has indeed ended. They think.

Quote:
The reason for this is that I deposited two consignment boxes with a security company in Iraq. As a result of this, I have to escape and stayed behind to make sure that I am able to get these boxes out before coming to America, knowingly, that if I am able to get this done I will live a better life.
Yes, I'm sure right now anyone who's seen Three Kings will be thinking GOLD! In IRAQ! Wheeheee!

Quote:
Please, I want this to be between me and you Since I am at large.
Have you tried going on a diet? I hear that Middle Eastern cuisine is very healthy and non-fattening.

Quote:
To Prove my sincererity, you are not sending me any money. Because most of this scam is about sending money.
Well, you said it. I'm glad we can be so open and honest with each other.

Quote:
Though, I would like to hold back some informations for security reasons for now until you have found time to visit the BBC website stated below to enable you have an insight into what I intend sharing with you, believing that it would be of your desired interest one-way or the other.
Yes, it's gold, or at the very least naked statues of Assyrians doing naughty things to each other....

Quote:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2988455.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/2988455.stm
http://www.jonathanforeman.com/milit...003_chest.html
http://www.voanews.com/burmese/archi...-04-20-1-1.cfm (VOA NEWS)

Also, could you get back to me having visited the above website to enable us discuss in a more clarifying manner to the best of your understanding.
You mean, do I know how to access a website that has news from the Middle East? Have I been to school, and can I use a keyboard? Is that what you're asking?

Quote:
I must say that I'm very uncomfortable sending this message to you without knowing truly if you would misconstrue the importance and decides to go public. In this regards, I will not hold back to say that the essence of this message is strictly for mutual benefit between you and I and nothing more.
Yeah, what would happen if I went public about what the BBC posts on their website. Nothing more than mutually beneficial. I don't even know what that means, exactly.

Quote:
I will be vivid and coherent in my next message in this regards,
I don't believe you, considering your track record.

Quote:
meanwhile, could you send me an email confirming that you have visited the site and that you have understood my intentions? I would like you to get back to me with with the following informations;

1. Full Name
2. Address
3.Occupation
4.Age
In a pig's eye.

Quote:
I do not need your telephone number because I cannot call you, we can only communicate through email.
Because you are, essentially, a Nigerian Prince who dares not allow himself to be publicly outed? You have a large bequest to make to me?

Quote:
I will await your reply via my email.

Thanks,
Best Regards
Capt. Anita George
A name surely arrived at by taking a random female and random male name and chucking them together...

Funniest spam ever

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 30-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I'm fairly sure that checking the e-mail headers would reveal the mail was sent from an IP located somewhere in China.

And obviously this is not about money but rather a straight attempt at identity theft.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 30-03-2012, 09:16 PM   #3
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
And obviously this is not about money but rather a straight attempt at identity theft.
Oh F***! Sorry! I had no idea, I just thought it was a good idea, I really didn't mean to give them your personal details, Donald Duck! Don't ban me from Disney World!
Old 30-03-2012, 11:50 PM   #4
Pex
Game Wizzard

So funny

But a sad thing is that someone would probably fall for it. Like a 10 year old who uses email without parental supervision.
Old 31-03-2012, 04:51 AM   #5
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

A security firm in Iraq...oh yeah I bet there are so many of them out there taking "consignments" from Captains in the American military. What's that other Darth, why yes that would be highly illogical and yes if he had legal ownership of that "consignment" as a Captain he could just store it with the Military a much safer place. Everything beyond that point is complete and utter scam fest, but I do like the new opening though it needs so work to make it logical.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 31-03-2012, 08:27 AM   #6
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

I still don't understand why Captain Anita had to escape from the US military in order to stay in Iraq. I mean, who would want to stay in Iraq? ... Er, that is to say, "she" could've gone back to America and been discharged and then gone back to Iraq to fetch her boxes full of counterfeit dollars. Why try to go into hiding in Iraq when she's clearly a dash of milk short of a box of fruit loops?

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 01-04-2012, 01:17 PM   #7
MrFlibble
Abandonia Homie

I love the suspiciously specific denial in the beginning of the e-mail, but other than that it seems hardly funny to me. Those scammers are both annoying and potentially dangerous. What nefarious purpose could they be out for? Luckily, these attempts are not very hard to detect, but I agree that some people could still fall for this nonsense (kids, elderly people who aren't very Internet savvy etc.).