Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau > Cold Cases
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-06-2008, 03:14 PM   #1
WalkingTiger
Lurker

Thumbs up Monster Lab/Maker Edutainment? Ingredients, Red Sparkles, Dark Ice, etc...

Hello, all;

When I was back in 4th-6th grade, I was in a gifted-students class-ish thing, and there was an edutainment type game we used to play, that for *YEARS* I've been trying to rediscover...

It involved mixing ingredients with names like "Goose Grease", "Dark Ice", "Red Sparkles", and it would formulate a "Monster" in a glass tube, such as a vampire's head, a mummy's body, and a pair of Tennis shoes...

The idea of the game was to isolate what specific ingredient was responsible for what part of the body, such as removing the "Dark Ice" ingredient from the mix, and the resulting creation no longer had tennis shoes;

The end result was to match the monster that the game provided to you, as you systematically isolated what ingredients you needed to create that exact makeup of monster;

If *anyone* out there knows anything about this title, I would fall down weeping with joy, as it's been *years* since I last "played" it;

Thanks, and my sincerest hopes someone's aware of it!

~WalkingTiger
WalkingTiger is offline                         Send a private message to WalkingTiger
Old 19-07-2008, 02:23 PM   #2
Dave
Mandolin & Spaghetti Soldier

...quite sure it isn't, but...this one?

http://www.mobygames.com/game/il-piccolo-freakstein
Old 21-02-2009, 07:18 PM   #3
BentleyVA
Abandonia nerd

If you are still out there:

I vaguely remember a game that you describe from the late 80's. We played something similar along with a game called Planetary Construction Set. It had beakers that you filled with different liquids and stuff. After searching myself though I cannot find anything similar. I did find Planetary Construction Set FTW. I haven't played that in 20 years.

These games were played on an Apple 2, since at that time Apple made a big push for educational uses.
BentleyVA is offline                         Send a private message to BentleyVA