Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-02-2005, 09:16 PM   #1
BlackMageJawa
Game Wizzard

www.hitchhikersmovie.com

I admit I'm still not sure about Mos Def as Ford, but this movie looks swutting excellent.
BlackMageJawa is offline                         Send a private message to BlackMageJawa
Old 16-02-2005, 09:19 PM   #2
BlackMageJawa
Game Wizzard

Bah, the one there isn't the same as the one that just got released today.

www.amazon.com has one with actual movie footage. It's tiny and the quality's rubbish, but very very good.
BlackMageJawa is offline                         Send a private message to BlackMageJawa
Old 16-02-2005, 09:25 PM   #3
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

I've seen previews for this for about the last month...I'm happy about it.
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 16-02-2005, 09:40 PM   #4
The Levitating Nun
Game Wizzard

Looks ok, they've ruined Marvin though. He was waaay cooler in the TV series and some of that I don't recognise from the book. But it looks ace all the same.
The Levitating Nun is offline                         Send a private message to The Levitating Nun
Old 16-02-2005, 09:47 PM   #5
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Yup, this Marvin sucks :not_ok:
Also the cast should have been much better (prefrebly more British like - imagine Hugh Grant as Arthur?), but usually better teaser = worse movie, so with this teaser the movie should be briliant! *keeping fingers crossed*
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 16-02-2005, 09:52 PM   #6
The Levitating Nun
Game Wizzard

The only problem with the original TV series was Arthur's second head. The rest of it worked fine. The guide looks a bit like an improved laptop and much cooler. I hope it turns out fine.
The Levitating Nun is offline                         Send a private message to The Levitating Nun
Old 16-02-2005, 09:53 PM   #7
JJXB
Pi-voh

if this is american-made then they will ruin the movie garunteed (they will loosley base the movie on the film, the brits would be more true to the book)
JJXB is offline                         Send a private message to JJXB
Old 16-02-2005, 10:26 PM   #8
BlackMageJawa
Game Wizzard

The guy playing Arthur is british- he's Martin Freeman, best known for his role in The Office (which I never liked). I actually think he'd have made an excellent Ford, but he's good as Arthur.

The rest of the cast, I have no idea about. Mos Def as Ford could work, but his accent doesn't quite fit. Zaphod and Trillian don't look right, and Zaphod only seems to have one head. I like Marvin, but he doesn't look right for Marvin, if you see what I mean (it's a cool robot design, but not for him).

Still, I believe the creators when they say they're all big H2G2 fans and will stick to the spirit of the Guide, although it looks like they're putting in a new plotline (Magrathea and 42 is probably still there, but there's something all new too). I'm confident they'll pull it off, and this movie will depose Star Wars and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade from my top spot.
Old 16-02-2005, 10:31 PM   #9
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

Zaphod has two heads, it's just that one is underneath the other and is smaller, or something like that. It's near the end of the trailer, you see it.
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 17-02-2005, 12:34 AM   #10
Yobor
Hero Gamer

This trailer looks like they are going to change some things. I can't wait to see the scene where the missles turn into a whale and a potted plant, a plant that looks eerily familiar......
Yobor is offline                         Send a private message to Yobor