Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-11-2007, 01:33 PM   #81
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

No, you don't copy a file into another file. Simply locate the
grand prix manager2\system folder where you installed the game then copy all dll files in that sytem folder to c:\your windows directory\system32 folder.
Old 08-11-2007, 01:36 PM   #82

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Nov 8 2007, 03:33 PM) [snapback]318662[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
No, you don't copy a file into another file. Simply locate the
grand prix manager2\system folder where you installed the game then copy all dll files in that sytem folder to c:\your windows directory\system32 folder.
[/b]
And where can that folder be found, or do I have to create it?

Old 08-11-2007, 01:39 PM   #83
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

You have Windows, right? Then look in the hard disc drive where Windows is installed ("your windows directory") There, in the Windows folder, is another folder named system32.
Old 13-11-2007, 02:04 PM   #84
Jim

I downloaded a version of this game with the patch but it asks for the CD when i try to run it. Any way around this?

Old 15-11-2007, 03:50 PM   #85
jim

I've been playing GPM2 now for a few days and i've pretty much got the hang of it. I can get my team to a position where we make money each race and do very well in qualifying - if i'm a top team i regularly get on the 1st and second rows with both drivers, with a poor team i regularly get both drivers in respectable positions.

However, regardless of what team i am and what drivers i have i ALWAYS do poorly in the actual race. Both drives always finish in a lower position than where they started on the grid.

No matter what i do i simply cant get my drivers to perform well in the races and mainting their starting positions or improve on them.

Am i missing something?

Cheers

Old 03-10-2008, 04:26 PM   #86
altzxaimer

Smile Tips

I have found some tips that may help.

Some drivers may tell you how exactly to set your cat for optimum performance, while some other may not.
Before a race or a qualifing sesion these setting should all be perfect to get a good result.
Each race ring needs its own settings, so make some tests on that ring to check that your setting are indeed prefect.

Tires pressure is also important and affect the car speed and how fast they wear off.
Run the same race with different tire pressure and check the tires temperature and how fast they wear off. High or low tire temperature means lower speed and higher possibility to retire early.

If some internal parts have rate lower than 18% they may wear off and cause you to retire early. Try to find better ones to remove this possibility.

altzxaimer is offline                         Send a private message to altzxaimer
Old 05-10-2008, 05:14 AM   #87
ElectroGamer

In my game i play as mclaren, and the drivers always perform badly, specialy in the race. I hate seing both of them always crash and because the same reason: "spun off". Does someone know how can improve it?

But regardless of that, nice game to play
ElectroGamer is offline                         Send a private message to ElectroGamer
Old 13-10-2008, 03:38 PM   #88
altzxaimer

To ElectroGamer

As far as I have understand "spun off" is caused when the tires slip on the road.
Very high or very low tires temperature may cause the car to slip on the road.
If the tires are wear off, you also have the same problem.

Your drivers will tell you if the tire pressure is completely wrong, but they will not tell you the accurate pressure you have to use.
There is an optimum pressure that you have to find by yourself.
Higher than the optimum pressure makes the tires to wear off slower, but may lower the tires temperature while in race.
Lower pressure than the optimum will make the tire to wear off faster, and also may increase tires temperature.
The orders you have given to your drivers are also affecting the tires.

I would propose to save before a race and run the same race a lot of times.
Check often the tires condition and temperature and if you find that somthing is wrong rerun the race changing the tires pressure and the orders you give to the drivers.

Have Fun.
altzxaimer is offline                         Send a private message to altzxaimer
Old 14-10-2008, 10:58 PM   #89
ElectroGamer

thanks altzxaimer, i will try it out. As long as have already tried, both drivers tell me that th tyre preasure is perfect, however the temperature goes to high and soon or latter both of my cars crash
Maybe some "fine tuning" on the preasure might make them survive, as in the first 4 races i have not even finished a single time.

And by the way, do you know what do means the drivers orders?
ElectroGamer is offline                         Send a private message to ElectroGamer
Old 16-10-2008, 01:52 PM   #90
altzxaimer

Default Tips - Orders to drivers

When the tires are brand new (Quality =100%) their temperature for the first lap will always be high.
So, in the beginign of the race or after you change the tires, either do not give any orders to your drivers for at least one lap, or give them the order "pace yourself" for at least one lap.

While in the qualifing sesion I am using the order:
"do or die" for my drivers to get good possition.
This will make them to drive like crazy but the possibility for accident is high, so there should be no near by cars.

"Step on it" will make your drivers to drive fast, but the tires will wear off faster and if they do it for a lot of laps the tires will either overheat, or uderheat.

"Pace yourshelf" is the order you can give to a driver for the whole race.
He may not drive very fast, but he will always take care of the tires temperature and condention. This advantage may give you the win of the race.

"Easy off" will make your drivers to go as slowly as they can, but they may still win the race. I use it rarelly and when my car is at bad condition, but I want my driver to finish the race.

I do not use the other orders often to tell you thei usage, but I think they may affect the bonus the drivers get at the end of the period. Ussually my drivers get a star in quiqness and reliability.