Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 17-11-2005, 07:36 PM   #31
athcnv
Forum hobbit

Send a message via ICQ to athcnv Send a message via MSN to athcnv

I've got the PRATS problem on tuesday as well. I think (haven't tried it yet) that you can just sit in your office and click on the clock. (This speeds up time - it should be able to speed you past so you miss your meeting - hopefully).

As for the game, I think it's only supposed to last for 1 week. Though the random events change.

Mind you, I wish the telex machine printed faster!
Old 17-11-2005, 07:38 PM   #32
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by athcnv@Nov 17 2005, 08:36 PM
I've got the PRATS problem on tuesday as well. I think (haven't tried it yet) that you can just sit in your office and click on the clock. (This speeds up time - it should be able to speed you past so you miss your meeting - hopefully).

As for the game, I think it's only supposed to last for 1 week. Though the random events change.

Mind you, I wish the telex machine printed faster!
Oh, just clicking on the clock works fine, I've tried it. It's a bit frustrating, though, as you're missing out on the opportunity to gain a few more popularity points on that day...
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 17-11-2005, 08:17 PM   #33
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Well like I said - after the first week it simply repeats itself (you get to play the game again - that's the second week - week 1 all over again).

Hmm... I guess it's possible I missed that meeting out twice (that's why it didn't freeze when I played the game through).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 19-11-2005, 02:46 AM   #34
athcnv
Forum hobbit

Ok, you don't have to miss all of the Tuesday stuff. You can answer the phones and that buzzer device, and you can go and see Sir Humprey when he phones or buzzes you to see him about the Monrovia problem. Just don't see anyone about anything else! (the scheduled 9.20 PRATS thing, the unscheduled 1200 meeting about the fight in the Commons between a backbencher and the leader of the opposition, and the other thing (CEGB meeting?) scheduled for the afternoon). The first 2 cause a crash/freeze - dunno about the 3rd tho (can't be bothered to try it)

Also, what's everyone's best scores? I managed 76% (or was it 78%)?

Anyone made a walkthrough? I've found some of the good answers (though some questions have more than one "correct" route, I think.

Oh yes, and if the French say that we have to rename Waterloo Station, remember to click thats "preposterous", and not "not unreasonable"!

Ps: The approval rating doesn't seem to fall below 2%
Pps: If you just sit in your office clicking on the clock all day, nothing happens to your approval rating!

Sir Humphrey: He has his own car, a nice house in London, a place in the country, endless publicity and a pension for life, what more does he want?
Bernard: To govern Britain.
Sir Humphrey: Well stop him, Bernard!
Old 19-11-2005, 02:49 AM   #35
athcnv
Forum hobbit

Actually, the quote I wanted to use in relation to you doing nothing not affecting your score was....

Sir Humphrey: Her Majesty does like the business of government to continue even when there are no politicians around.
Jim: Bit difficult surely?
Sir Humphrey: Yes .... and no.

Open Government (Yes Minister First Episode).
Old 19-11-2005, 08:34 AM   #36
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

So it doesn't crash on any other day then? Great. I'll have another go at it then.
Actually this game reminds me a lot of the books.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 20-11-2005, 12:35 PM   #37
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

78%, yay! That's a lot more popular than Tony Blair, I bet.

The game still always ends after week 1, though.
Old 20-11-2005, 04:24 PM   #38
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Well there should be an option to replay... then you'd play it all over again (strange - I have to check when I last played the C64 version, hopefully my review wasn't based entirely on that one... My memory seems to be fading lately...).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 20-11-2005, 04:30 PM   #39
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos@Nov 20 2005, 05:24 PM
Well there should be an option to replay... then you'd play it all over again (strange - I have to check when I last played the C64 version, hopefully my review wasn't based entirely on that one... My memory seems to be fading lately...).
Well, obviously I can start over, but then I'll be starting on 1 April again, with 50% popularity...
Old 01-12-2005, 08:58 AM   #40
tomf
Game freak

Send a message via AIM to tomf Send a message via MSN to tomf Send a message via Yahoo to tomf

How can I use the mouse
There may come a day when the courage of men fails, When we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day, An hour of wolves and shattered shields, When the age of men comes crashing down, But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good earth I bid you stand! Men of the west!

Click my dragons please
Or just click here for all of them
tomf is offline                         Send a private message to tomf