Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-11-2004, 03:35 PM   #11
Danny252
I have a custom title!

did you ever actually try setting up the sound in dosbox?
Old 26-11-2004, 11:46 PM   #12
Roddent

Finally got sound in Dos Box just needed the right settings and ports
Anyway, how do you get artifacts such as skulls and bones or Moses' sandals?
I tried to go to the skull symbols on the map but still can't figure out how to get the stuff.

Old 27-11-2004, 05:31 AM   #13
Roddent

Also, what is the function of the shovel icon? what is it supposed to build? :Titan:
Thanks

Old 27-11-2004, 07:41 AM   #14
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

About the artifacts:
-You can't just search for them. They are at randome locations - so just go as many ports as possible - you're bound to find something along the North African coast.
-About the shovel - you build roads with it. There are some cites that have no sea acces - to trade with these cities you need a caravan (just buy some donkeys) and travel on the land. To speed up these travels - build roads (using the shovel).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 27-11-2004, 08:11 AM   #15
Dream
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via MSN to Dream

Quote:
Originally posted by The Picard@Nov 24 2004, 09:07 PM
I once considered this game for upload to abandonia myself but judged it too poor to be on the site. Not sure this deserves a "5".
I dare to say it's quite the oposite, it doesn't deserves 5 but at least 4 for sure.
Old 27-11-2004, 08:22 AM   #16
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by Dream+Nov 27 2004, 10:11 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dream @ Nov 27 2004, 10:11 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-The Picard@Nov 24 2004, 09:07 PM
I once considered this game for upload to abandonia myself but judged it too poor to be on the site. Not sure this deserves a "5".
I dare to say it's quite the oposite, it doesn't deserves 5 but at least 4 for sure. [/b][/quote]
We talked about such things already.
If the reviewer chooses the game - it's usually the one he/she really enjoys. So the rating is higher then others may think - it's hard to be 100% objective if oyu really like the game.
If you're doing a game you are supposed to do - but didn't even know it before the rating would probably be lower.
We're trying to put up as many quality games -. and this game has quality - maybe really not for a 5, but in my own opinion there are much worse games on the site (at least I don't like them!
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 27-11-2004, 12:27 PM   #17
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

It must also be said that many reviewers do not place their own rating in the review (tsk tsk). So it is up to me and Kosta to try and think how the reviewer would rank the game just by reading the text.

So if the review contains no flaws and only praise, the game will get a four or five point score.

I wish all reviewers would start to place their rating of the game in the review... :whistle:
Old 30-11-2004, 09:14 AM   #18
Roddent

Need help once again I lost popularity points for not spending the military budget (I got appointed general by the doge), still can't find the function for that yet :ranting: not even sure what I am supposed to do :crazy:
Also, the game seems to be very unstable in Dos Box, it freezes every 10 min or so, then have to restart again :ranting:

Old 30-11-2004, 09:21 AM   #19
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

About the money - you must spend it on your armies. You can buy merceneries in Venice - just click on the tall tower (but they are not available until you can actually buy them).
About freezing - well it can happen (so keep saving), but I only get that problem every 2-3 hours so it's less bothering.
Enjoy the game!
Old 04-12-2004, 01:28 AM   #20
Roddent

This game freezes a lot :ranting: sometimes right after starting :ranting:
I tried switching music and sound off and it seems to freeze less. Would adding memory help? I have 512 memory already and this game is 10 years old so I don't think memory is a problem