Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-01-2010, 11:30 PM   #1
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

Default Shitty Deals

On thursday a friend of mine celebrated her 17th birthday. Yesterday, friday night, her brother, and 3 others were in a car accident. Her brother and the front seat passenger were killed (probably on impact) but the other 2 are relatively ok, banged up (on is basically fine, one has a broken leg). The reason the accident was called in so fast was because there was a car load of friends right behind them and saw it happen, and by the way the car looks, you'd expect them to all be dead.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bre...wAllComments=y

As you can see, the car is not in good condition. This is depressing, how it can all end so fast...

DUN duuuunnnn dudududududun SPLOOSH duuunnnnn

We ate the horse.
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb
Old 10-01-2010, 12:22 AM   #2
Titan
Gnome

Send a message via ICQ to Titan Send a message via MSN to Titan Send a message via Skype™ to Titan

Natural selection seems to be working fine in Canada also...

Sorry if that sounds harsh, but i REALLY have a hard time to feel bad over someone that drives way too fast (no word on alcohol) and then crashes..
Thy should be glad the back-seat passengers survived, but I jag just imagen how it all went down with the driver trying to show off, speeding down a snow/ice-covered road with no traction, spinning wheels and the passengers fueling it all by cheering along.

The only real tragedy is when a third party gets involved (like in drunk driver hitting someone else or if these jerks would have broadsided another car or pedestrians).

I usually get overtaken by some car driving WAY too fast and at least 20-30 km/h over the speedlimit. I seriously doubt i would stop or call it in if i see the car hitting a moose or into a tree.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:45 AM   #3
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post
Sorry if that sounds harsh, but i REALLY have a hard time to feel bad over someone that drives way too fast (no word on alcohol) and then crashes..
that was both unnecessary and stupid

as i understood there was nobody on the road except their friends behind them and the factor was ice on the road. it's not like he threated people that were on a road
Old 10-01-2010, 02:22 AM   #4
Fubb
GreatCanadianMan

actually i agree, its common sense in this country, dont drive fast on ice else you goona die. Im pretty sure atleast 1 person from my town, if not more dies each winter from driving to fast, last year though there were 3 killed from a drunk driver. 3 Natives. You dont kill natives, caues they come after you, there like an unorganized mob, that whe nthey get mad fight. And the guy who killed them got attacked at a gas station a few days later, but he survived, not that he should have, as he killed 3 people by being insolent and stupid.

And its only a miracle in my opinion that the back seaters did survive!

DUN duuuunnnn dudududududun SPLOOSH duuunnnnn

We ate the horse.
Fubb is offline                         Send a private message to Fubb
Old 10-01-2010, 08:22 PM   #5
Himmler
Trollmaster General

well the back seat i guess is the best seat. a friend of mine died about 5 months ago. he was in his brother's car and his brother fell asleep. we call that seat the dead man's seat. and for good reason.
Himmler is offline                         Send a private message to Himmler
Old 10-01-2010, 08:42 PM   #6
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

A terrible tragedy but I'm afraid I'm with Titan here. If you want to do yourself in, that's one thing, but don't force others to join you on your date with the bloke who speaks in CAPITAL LETTERS. Just don't. Next is, of course, it also directly concerns family and friends, co-workers, a lot of people who are left behind. It's not about one or just a few guys having "fun" and it gets borked up. It, sad but true, is also about lack of judgement: Speed limit signs do not tell what the minimum, or recommended speed is. No sign tells what the recommended speed is. Driving conditions and driving skills do.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:32 PM   #7
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

you guys are mean, the fact that someone made a mistake and drove too fast for the icy road doesn't mean he doens't deserve condolences. you talk like they raped a baby or something
Old 11-01-2010, 05:37 PM   #8
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

The driver killed someone. Isn't that bad enough? What's mean about pointing out the fact that the driver's decisions lead to someone else's death? Who's the meanie? The ones pointing this out or the guy responsible for the deaths?

Life is NOT (despite popular beliefs) a computer game or a movie. Death is permanent here in the real world. No reloading savegames, no 2nd chances. No turning back.

What's mean about enjoying living people rather than dead ones?

Last edited by Mighty Midget; 11-01-2010 at 05:43 PM.
Mighty Midget is offline                         Send a private message to Mighty Midget
Old 11-01-2010, 05:43 PM   #9
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

so no matter if he's a mass murderer or a criminal who kills people on purpose or some guy who got into wrong turn on an icy road, they don't deseve any condolence

that's right

he's a total evil man and does not deserve pity

also, wtf that thing about savegames was pretty gay
Old 11-01-2010, 05:44 PM   #10
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

I am not saying he doesn't deserve any condolences. Of course he does. BUT: We can't let condolences overshadow the fact that he was a dickhead.

Nothing in life has only one side to it.

(and the thing about savegames? If it shook your beliefs then I'm happy it did, but I don't think you thought life was a game. The point was, I don't see you taking their deaths very serious. I'm wondering why? What's more serious than death? Call _that_ gay if you like)