Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-11-2008, 03:21 PM   #31
ElectroGamer

Sometimes i still play this one, i like its simplicity and can become very complex to fine tune the car to win.

I remember a time running in the opposite way, i managed to move the cars and build a sort of "wall" and every other car simply crashes on them!!! Very funny.
My most recent games with it, i give a lap adventage to everyone. At the very begining i go to pits and stay there until all cars pass, then start my true race. Quite stupid, but funny, with the lola buick i managed to get to the first place for a while playing that way, i wonder what may happen if playing normaly :bleh:

And by the way, can someone share the car configs of those very high lap records?

And................ the last
does someone know what is the "enhanced version" available here? what is the difference with the "normal" version?
ElectroGamer is offline                         Send a private message to ElectroGamer
Old 04-11-2008, 09:23 PM   #32
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectroGamer View Post
does someone know what is the "enhanced version" available here? what is the difference with the "normal" version?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek's review
There is a second version of this game, which we placed in the "Extras" section, supposedly presenting better sound effects - I personally haven't noticed any major difference but hey, my ears are not very trustful... However, if you prefer this one, I can assure you the game play and the fun will remain the same.
I don't know why it's only mentioned in the Technical notes paragraph of the review and not also within the archive. Will add a TXT file when our newest upload bug has gone (and if I didn't forget about till then).
Old 09-01-2009, 01:23 AM   #33
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

Done.
Old 31-01-2009, 11:40 AM   #34
raoulglloq
Lurker

Hello

I was a fan of this game when I was kid and after 7 years of regular playing, I succeeded in finishing the long race (200 laps), playin a Penske with Keyboard.
At the end I had big dolor to the fingers.

Thanks to the emulator Dos Box, I could play again recently and I took a movie of a short race (10 laps), starting last and finishing firt with the Lola. At the begining I show the good settings for making this car very performant: Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l-K5EnnqUc
raoulglloq is offline                         Send a private message to raoulglloq
Old 15-03-2009, 02:30 AM   #35
bduddy

If any of you download the "enhanced version", just run "adlib" instead of "indy". I guarantee the sound is indeed much better
bduddy is offline                         Send a private message to bduddy
Old 18-08-2009, 06:50 PM   #36
Osio
Default speed up the game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 20 2006, 09:06 PM) [snapback]262587[/snapback]</div>
Press Ctrl & F12 to speed up the cycles in DosBox. k:

when do i have to press Ctrl+f12?
I tried pressing it in the dos box when i'm in the directory, then i type indy and press enter but it is still slow... can anybody help?? Thanks!

Old 19-08-2009, 11:28 AM   #37
Luchsen
Lurking Forever

Every use of Ctrl+F12 within the Main Window increases the cycles. The amount is determined in the dosbox.conf. You can see the changes in the Status Window (CPU:[x] cycles)
Old 28-09-2009, 01:10 AM   #38
Ghostie

I just have to say, I think this game should be renamed, burnout the prequel...as the funnest part of this game, was by far the crashes. I played this game for hours, and I don't think I ever finished a race lol. Epic pile-ups though...glad to see this gem up here.
Ghostie is offline                         Send a private message to Ghostie
Old 03-01-2011, 02:37 AM   #39
Peyroteo

I totally agree with the review, this was as far i concern the first real racing game, and it runned perfect in my 286 machine.
Peyroteo is offline                         Send a private message to Peyroteo
Old 24-01-2011, 02:33 AM   #40
Arbok

It was an excellent game, i rember you could choose the 500 miles race, it was about 200 laps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arbok is offline                         Send a private message to Arbok