Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-04-2018, 11:08 PM   #1051
Unregistered fan
Default KILLED SCOTIA AFTER THE THIRD TRANSFORMATION

Hello all lovers and fans of LOL 1,

There is a way how to kill a third form of SCOTIA. You have to be patient :-)

I found one way how SCOTIA AFTER THE THIRD TRANSFORMATION (became an invincible one?) can be killed at castle level 3.
Using no cheating, no Whole of Truth. And it did work.

I just used a Westwood stick and freeze spell IV to defeat her. I Hit the third form approximately 43-times by stick(43 000 damage) and finally I cast a freeze spell IV--ice wall and shattered the ice.
Then a monstrum disappeared, but then the game could not and can´t ever go to the end.

DID ANYONE EVER TRY IT BEFORE? If yes, please let´s make a comment :-)

The game is still surprising me even after 25 years when I played it for first time :-)

Old 06-04-2018, 01:26 AM   #1052
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered fan View Post
Hello all lovers and fans of LOL 1,

There is a way how to kill a third form of SCOTIA. You have to be patient :-)

I found one way how SCOTIA AFTER THE THIRD TRANSFORMATION (became an invincible one?) can be killed at castle level 3.
Using no cheating, no Whole of Truth. And it did work.

I just used a Westwood stick and freeze spell IV to defeat her. I Hit the third form approximately 43-times by stick(43 000 damage) and finally I cast a freeze spell IV--ice wall and shattered the ice.
Then a monstrum disappeared, but then the game could not and can´t ever go to the end.

DID ANYONE EVER TRY IT BEFORE? If yes, please let´s make a comment :-)

The game is still surprising me even after 25 years when I played it for first time :-)
How interesting.

To be honest, as I used trainer, and then, I needed to use a hex editor to edit the savegames (invulnerability or immortality and party location on the map), I used to “collect” any powerful weapons.

Even with weapons of the royal guards and tridents of the soldiers of the amphibious people of the marshes. And then I went to the White Tower (correct name?) In which there was hostile “phoenix” and deposited the armaments cataloging according to the type and power.

I do not remember seeing this Westwood stick. How and where did you get this object? At what location (region map) and store (human or demi-human)?
Old 06-04-2018, 04:46 PM   #1053
Unregistered fan
Default KILLED SCOTIA AFTER THE THIRD TRANSFORMATION

So,

I forgot to add, did not use any hex editor and others too.

- Westwood stick looks as inconspicuous and useless stick, but it is just bluff. The stick is in the chest in the northeast corner at the Castle level 2.

Logically, it does make a sense. If any creature/monster/fighter can be hit and it shows its damage by points, then must be a way to kill any fighting object in the game. In case of Westwood stick that inflicts only 1000 points of damage but not every hit-again you have to be patient :-).

And why is Westwood stick the only weapon can hurt a third form of Scotia? I do not know. But what I do know that LOL1 was developed by Westwood studios :-) Any connection to that? Yes, probably... :-)

The game has many hidden meanings and it´s really magical.

Old 06-04-2018, 05:56 PM   #1054
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered lol lover View Post
just a tip that I had found before 15 years.
When u find the first RED gate from scotia use the cube like a weapon with Baccata.
Result u can duplicate the cube.
As I used the trainer at the time (with immortality, super strength and wealth) and later hex editor with many limitations, I undress the characters and fought that monster from the mines without any armor and weapons.

Anyway, thanks for the tips.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered fan View Post
So,

I forgot to add, did not use any hex editor and others too.

- Westwood stick looks as inconspicuous and useless stick, but it is just bluff. The stick is in the chest in the northeast corner at the Castle level 2.

Logically, it does make a sense. If any creature/monster/fighter can be hit and it shows its damage by points, then must be a way to kill any fighting object in the game. In case of Westwood stick that inflicts only 1000 points of damage but not every hit-again you have to be patient :-).

And why is Westwood stick the only weapon can hurt a third form of Scotia? I do not know. But what I do know that LOL1 was developed by Westwood studios :-) Any connection to that? Yes, probably... :-)

The game has many hidden meanings and it´s really magical.
Wow, that’s cool! So Scotia kept secretly hidden a weapon in her Castle.

That trainer I mentioned before gave super strength to the party. I am not sure, but each hit was worth 1,000 to over 3,000!

You could kill the royal guards and soldiers of the Marshes without anyone noticing it, because a blow was enough to kill them! And then collect the powerful weapons...

Too bad I could not figure out how to have super strength and wealth using the hex editor.

And unfortunately Westwood did not know to release sequels of the same level or better than remarkable prequels such as Dune II, The Legend of Kyrandia, Lands of Lore, etc.
Old 09-04-2018, 01:03 AM   #1055
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post
And unfortunately Westwood did not know to release sequels of the same level or better than remarkable prequels such as Dune II, The Legend of Kyrandia, Lands of Lore, etc.
Why? LOL2 was bad?
I mean, I remember playing first 2 discs and I really got into the story and the world. Great mix of fighting, stealth, environment interaction and puzzles. But could be my memory plays tricks with me.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 09-04-2018, 01:36 AM   #1056
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko river View Post
Why? LOL2 was bad?
I mean, I remember playing first 2 discs and I really got into the story and the world. Great mix of fighting, stealth, environment interaction and puzzles. But could be my memory plays tricks with me.
Maybe I mispronounced, but I meant that the sequels were not bad, but they were not on the same level as the prequels.

I played a bit LOL2, but the truth is that I did not like the introduction of “real” digitized characters. I preferred cartoonized digitized characters. I watched on YouTube the interaction of 2 soldiers with the god (with demon appearance). It was not good.

The same goes for the games I quoted. I liked Dune II more than Dune 2000 (sort of improved Dune II as well as Warcraft II); LOK1 was more interesting, because LOK2 had ridiculously difficult puzzles, the story of the hands and feet of the evil wizard dispenses comments...

Just to give you an idea, the “new” King’s Bounty and Fantasy Wars series from 1C Company has spectacularly digitized cut-scenes. Well, the Diablo series managed to make non-cartoonized digitized cut-scenes done well.

PS: This would just be my personal opinion, but I noticed that the author of a Walkthrough also considered LOL2 acceptable while the LOL3 was inedible.
Old 09-04-2018, 10:00 PM   #1057
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Oh, yeah I guess I can agree with everything. I prefer cartonized characters, but I guess market demands were shifting in late 90es, so we get what we have to get in those terms. Still that's someting we have to swallow if we don't like it, but gameplay is most important in the end. And yeah, I guess it is not on the same level as LOL1, but I guess that is also how games industry is evolving. When was the last time you heard of AAA game that has tons of hidden stuff that took years of playing until something is discovered?
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 11-04-2018, 02:50 AM   #1058
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

Quote:
Oh, yeah I guess I can agree with everything. I prefer cartonized characters, but I guess market demands were shifting in late 90es, so we get what we have to get in those terms. Still that's someting we have to swallow if we don't like it, but gameplay is most important in the end. And yeah, I guess it is not on the same level as LOL1, but I guess that is also how games industry is evolving. When was the last time you heard of AAA game that has tons of hidden stuff that took years of playing until something is discovered?
What a pity, as Westwood have the chance to overcome the failures. Well, at least Civilization V seems to be good, because my brother liked the game. XCOM series as well.

Now, I am not sure if it would be possible to accomplish the mission in advance. I will explain more clearly: For you to get the Ruby of Truth from the Ruler of amphibian people, you need to eliminate an enemy monster. But what would happen if you had eliminated the monster before by using bows, crossbows? For the monster is trapped by sort of a mud marshy.

You still have the option of getting the Ruby of Truth without a fight. If your Rogue skills level is high enough, you can steal without the Ruler realizing it.
Old 11-04-2018, 03:03 PM   #1059
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
When was the last time you heard of AAA game that has tons of hidden stuff that took years of playing until something is discovered?
Actually, I never ever seen any such AAA game. And any other game too, actually.
Old 11-04-2018, 03:39 PM   #1060
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
Actually, I never ever seen any such AAA game. And any other game too, actually.
Well, it doesn't necessary have to be secrets that stay hidden for years really You are right about that. But what passed as AAA title back then was still develped by a bunch of enthusiasts and you can see/feel that in the game. When it really became corporate and strictly money-making, almost all was lost. Nowadays when thay praise a game for variety and lots of things you can do, is like they are discovering again what was good about video games in the first place.

Maybe not so good example is Jagged Alliance and JA2. Yes, second game is great game, lots of stuff to do, story, jokes etc... but still somehow you don't get shit for no purpose than variety or fun. No Elio, no Reuabn, snitching and arguing that is often more irritating than fun. Nobody wants that in their game anymore. So yeah, LOL2 is good game, but LOL1 is not example of the good game, but example of what used to be a good game. Could be also things are now less hidden and surprising because of interent and sharing experiences, dunno.

Last edited by marko river; 11-04-2018 at 03:45 PM.