Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-12-2017, 10:50 PM   #341
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hlges View Post
Hi, all!

I have played this game since I was a teenager (mid 1990's)! I have developed some kind of obsession with it...

Anyway, since Dosbox was launched, I never had trouble making it work. Also, after all these years, I have written a guide to it, available in Gamefaqs (I won't put the link here because I don't know if this breaks the forum rules).

I have never experienced the bugs described here, and I play this game since the 1990's. Probably a bad copy?
Hello. I am not sure because I cannot remember the facts of more than 20 years ago. I presume the causes of the problem could be:

• Bad copy mentioned by you with corrupted files;

• (Old) Game patch with bugs. Bugs of Sam & Max have already caused problems, but those do not compare with bugs of FFVIII . Probably the bugs of FFVIII are comparable to the bugs of Reunion;

• Use of the editor / trainer GameWizard at this point in the game;

• Unknown causes?

By the way, thank you for the Walkthrough / Guide. Unfortunately, Reunion does not have many tips or guides in an organized way (Walkthrough, Guide, etc.)...

Last edited by Mystvan; 06-12-2017 at 09:56 PM.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan
Old 05-12-2017, 01:51 PM   #342
Hlges

I copied the files of my original CD to the hard drive a long time ago (and have been copying this image when I get new hardware). Here, it works perfectly. No bugs that compromise the playthrough.

Lucky to you all!
Old 05-12-2017, 10:30 PM   #343
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hlges View Post
I copied the files of my original CD to the hard drive a long time ago (and have been copying this image when I get new hardware). Here, it works perfectly. No bugs that compromise the playthrough.

Lucky to you all!
Hello. Would it be possible if you could offer your copy (original on CD) in Forum Offers please?

Depending on the file size, the link for game could be made available in Forum The ISO Cellar.

We would be grateful for your offer.
Old 07-12-2017, 11:31 PM   #344
Nilex
Forum hobbit

Just finished sorting the game to work on DOSBox for myself, so of course I had to check its Abandonia topic before I depart
Here is best DOSBox tip I can offer: use Gravis Ultrasound for sound! The quality is superb compared to Adlib/SB variants. I even think the music was composed specifically for it - that's how better it sounds. And speech is there too.
For Gravis to work you'll have to run game's own SETUP.EXE and choose it [1.], then change following DOSBox lines in .conf:
Code:
sbtype=none
gus=true
gusbase=220
2nd best choice is SB Pro but DOSBox does not emulate stereo with that card. For it to work correctly (but in mono) "sbtype=sbpro1" must be set. If you leave =sb16 then you will hear the absolute worst SB16 sound of your entire life.

@Hlges
Thanks for the Guide! How is 2018 treating you?

@Mystvan
Looks like the ISO Cellar already has the CD-Image

Last edited by Nilex; 08-12-2017 at 12:03 AM.
Nilex is offline                         Send a private message to Nilex
Old 08-12-2017, 12:58 AM   #345
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilex View Post
Just finished sorting the game to work on DOSBox for myself, so of course I had to check its Abandonia topic before I depart
Here is best DOSBox tip I can offer: use Gravis Ultrasound for sound! The quality is superb compared to Adlib/SB variants. I even think the music was composed specifically for it - that's how better it sounds. And speech is there too.
For Gravis to work you'll have to run game's own SETUP.EXE and choose it [1.], then change following DOSBox lines in .conf:
Code:
sbtype=none
gus=true
gusbase=220
2nd best choice is SB Pro but DOSBox does not emulate stereo with that card. For it to work correctly (but in mono) "sbtype=sbpro1" must be set. If you leave =sb16 then you will hear the absolute worst SB16 sound of your entire life.

@Hlges
Thanks for the Guide! How is 2018 treating you?

@Mystvan
Looks like the ISO Cellar already has the CD-Image
You have our gratitude, the Grandmaster Jackie Chun.

My great regret is that many tools like GameWizard no longer work on the latest Operating Systems...

PS:
Goddess of War