Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-02-2011, 05:33 PM   #71
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking --

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 View Post
This argument will go on forever. Everyone has their favourite Fallout game, just say what yours is but don't go saying that another persons favourite is worthless.

I really don't want to lock this thread because all the posts end up being;

"My Fallout game is best yours is the worst!"

Being absolute novice for me this thread is very useful because I see different opinions even some of them are let say little "strange".
I respect every opinion.
Russian people say:
По вкус и по цвет товарыщи нет.
(There are no friends concerning taste and color)
True, dear Scatty?

yog
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Old 16-02-2011, 05:40 PM   #72
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Yoga there is a difference between saying "I like game for these reasons. I did not like this game for these reasons." and "I like game cause it is the best ever and your pick of game is so horrible and fail and how could you ever like it and it sucks and is horrible!".

As long as people can stick to "I like this game because...." we are fine, but once this turns into a flame war over what someone else likes it is not. At the moment all is good, however my finely homed senses of Fallout Flame Wars tell me that without some small warning people will in fact go insane over this. We already had to split this thread once due to that.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 16-02-2011, 07:46 PM   #73
Capo
Unconventional member

Moderators are all crazy people, im used to that
Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Old 16-02-2011, 08:52 PM   #74
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo View Post
Moderators are all crazy people, im used to that
Don't push it, Capo.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 17-02-2011, 07:23 AM   #75
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking My principle is never to argue with

forum staff.

Anyway I want to discuse in this thread:

1. Why FO2 is better than FO1 and vice versa.
2. What is the best ever weapon in FO3?
3. Why stupid gamer named The brave killed all clans in New Reno?
4. How many points of Charisma is best variant?

and so on.

This is my personal thoughts and I hate bla-bla.

yoga the brave
Old 17-02-2011, 10:41 AM   #76
Pixote

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
I did the same, and I didn't mind.
The second one is more full, while the first is very fast and can not be played thorough at once (because of the many limitations).

For me F2 is THE game, while F1 only adds the spice. (and there is no sex in F1)
I suppose it's a matter of taste...I see Fallout 1 as the stronger more interesting story, but Fallout 2 smooths over many of the annoying pumps from Fallout 1. I've spent many, many hours working on modding Fallout for Killap and Mutants Rising, but one thing about Fallout - I always find something new in every play...and I've had to play the game (Fallout 2) many times, just to test for bugs, etc.

After playing the game so many times, I find now I don't even use any of the NPC any more, only because I need the challenge. So I prefer a unarmed solo character, with high agility - luck - intelligence - endurance, and perception (having high perception helps with the distance modifiers in a random encounter, that way you wont find several marauders standing right beside you in the fight).

Can I ask you guys - what would do to the game to improve it, for example: reduce the carry weight, or the amount of weapons an individual can carry, etc. The reason I'm asking is because us guys at Mutants Rising are looking into changing some of the mechanics (if we can), to make the game more challenging and interesting...
Pixote is offline                         Send a private message to Pixote
Old 17-02-2011, 02:59 PM   #77
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pixote View Post
Can I ask you guys - what would do to the game to improve it, for example: reduce the carry weight, or the amount of weapons an individual can carry, etc. The reason I'm asking is because us guys at Mutants Rising are looking into changing some of the mechanics (if we can), to make the game more challenging and interesting...
More $ on traders. It is very easy to crumble below thousands of bozars, but for certain things (namely: implants) you need zillion dollars in cash only, and that's hard to come by.

Also hireable NPCs shouldn't have the option to trade when they are not hired, to avoid overpacking them.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 17-02-2011, 06:10 PM   #78
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Nice

Quote:
More $ on traders. It is very easy to crumble below thousands of bozars, but for certain things (namely: implants) you need zillion dollars in cash only, and that's hard to come by.

Also hireable NPCs shouldn't have the option to trade when they are not hired, to avoid overpacking them.

I agree with well respected Twillight.

You know, friends, i am novice in FO2.
Even now I play the game.

If You do not mind for me is very, very boring to be transfer device between the stuff and my NPC's.

This is in my case (I have 100 weight points) very boring - I spend 30% of gaming time for this annoying transfer.

Thank You.

yoga the brave
Old 17-02-2011, 09:07 PM   #79
Capo
Unconventional member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
forum staff.

Anyway I want to discuse in this thread:

1. Why FO2 is better than FO1 and vice versa.
2. What is the best ever weapon in FO3?
3. Why stupid gamer named The brave killed all clans in New Reno?
4. How many points of Charisma is best variant?

and so on.

This is my personal thoughts and I hate bla-bla.

yoga the brave
1: FO2 is an extended version of FO1, more of everything and some correction on the gameplay. FO1 is where you start discovering the fallout universe, is where you begin being fascinated by the vaults history, by the hidden story of the war, by the people living in the 'wasteland'. In fact they are like the two sides of the same coin, they looks the same but they aren't.

2: This is my favorite for now

plasma something
Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Old 17-02-2011, 11:00 PM   #80
Pixote

Quote:

I think the games atmosphere (probably not the best word), suffers when it becomes a trading game...the whole idea is that the player character is trying to survive in a wasteland setting - a broken and dangerous society. Guns and ammo should be rare, people should only carry what is vital to their personal survival. Travel between towns should be a risky operation, it's survival of the fittest out there.

I personally don't like the idea that a character can carry 20 rifles on their body, and 20 more with their companions, to me that runs against the spirit of a post-apocalyptic society, we can't do it in real life, so I think we shouldn't be able to do it in Fallout. The harder the game, the greater the struggle, the greater the enjoyment IMO, especially in a wasteland setting like Fallout.

So I would remove the option of NPCs being used as pack mules, let the car do that...or change the way weight affects the players agility...more weight = less agility, and therefore less AP's. So the player must make a choice - be greedy and potentially die more easily, or go light and have a much better chance of surviving random encounters. Too much?
Pixote is offline                         Send a private message to Pixote